One thing that I like when I'm crawling through caves and abandoned dungeons is that they're fairly dark.  And that if you want decent light, you need to have torches or lanterns.  It's always bugged me to go into basically uninhabited (by people, at least) caves and abandoned dungeon complexes and to have torches all around.  I think that it's cool to have to carry torches, etc.  And I love how some of the caves in PoE2 are fairly dark and how they look when you use a torch or the Xoti's lantern or the pre-order lighted saber.  Love the dynamic shadows, etc.

This isn't to say that all dungeons should be dark.  Obviously, some will be inhabited and thus have lit torches, etc.  But it's nice that some are dark, because it really improves the ambience of a dark, mysterious cave for it to really BE dark.

• Like 10

Nearing the end of my PotD run, I don't remember switching weapons in the heat of combat even once. The idea was there, to have everyone with a backup ranged weapon in the off slot, in case a situation came up where that was needed. But that situation never came.

So, I think in my second run I'll just put torches in my party's secondary slots and mass switch to them to better explore this game's gorgeous and truly atmospheric dungeons/dark zones.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

I hadn't considered it too much until this one ruin I was exploring. We were sneaking slowly going room to room under the light of Xoti's lantern. I saw this lootable square in one of the rooms and while walking that way. The light slowly illuminates the room, blood stains on the floors, skulls on the walls... I just imagined my 8 constitution 6 resolve character going "Xoti...*gaging a little bit* darling could you leave the room please... I think I'm gonna... *Sickened for 2 hrs*" You really feel the atmosphere.

• Like 2

yeah , that's why I take Xoti everywhere.,..her lantern is awesome !

Of course..I can't wait to see how a fire godlike ruin that  :biggrin:

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I admit I just upped the gamma settings. But I still enjoy the touch for a little while at least.

Will increasing gamma lighten dark places substantially? My eyesight is not great and I struggle in the dark rooms and dungeons unable to make out details tilting my trifocals up and down squinting moving my head closer to the screen (like that's going to help) - I would love to find a way to lighten darker places.  :geek:

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...