I've come to the conclusion that creature summoning items are too op against the current AI intelligence. Not because of their powerlvl but because you can refill the item just my taking a nap so any hard encounter can be countered by summoning a wall of meat while you nuke everything from behind.. 

so far i found 7 items that summon monsters and im sure there is more..

I thought a couple possible solutions,

1)the first is making the items have limited uses before becoming useless like the Fireball necklease.

2)Other option is so this items only refill by resting in an INN, not in the wild.

3)You could need to pay an NPC to refill them or use the crafting system so it actually costs you resources (filling it with adra stones or soul residue and gold)

4)This items give you afflictions or some kind of negative effect when used.

5)Limiting them. You can only summon ONE item-based creature at a time, instead of one for each character at the same time.

I had the same issue with PoE1, there is just no reason not to use them..

• Like 2

Along with Empower and a dozen other things. Summons are there to cheese solo runs, they are complete overkill in a party situation.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

3)You could need to pay an NPC to refill them or use the crafting system so it actually costs you resources (filling it with adra stones or soul residue and gold)

I like the idea of using the existing crafting system. Makes it more consistent with other items.

• Like 1