Yeah, but they're only young once. Enjoy it while it lasts. These are the wonder years. :wub:

Good point. In PoE 3 she will be a teenager...

Hmm, I didn't know I wanted that in the next game until this very moment.

Vela: You're not my real parent. You abducted me!

Watcher: Vela we lived in a castle and then on a pirate ship, so quit complaining.

Vela: mumble, ok, that part WAS awesome, I guess - but I'm still not cleaning my room

Edited by Yonjuro
  • Like 12

Watcher: No Vela, you can't run away with the Bleak Walkers!

Vela: But you never spent time with me!

Watcher: Come on Vela, that's not fair. You know I have been doing important things.

Vela: You always have an excuse! "Somebody has to stop that archmage", "I have to hunt another god", "Tekehu is showing me 'watershaping'"...

Watcher:  :w00t:

• Like 6

sign.jpg

Watcher: No Vela, you can't run away with the Bleak Walkers!

I know. They always go goth at that age. 

Watcher: Vela - be good ....and I'll take you bounty hunting. See, I've got a whole list here. Ogres and everything.

Vela:  :wub:

Watcher: That's my girl.

Edited by Yonjuro
  • Like 4

"I swear, sugar seems to be the most rare resource in the Deadfire. >_<"

Second most rare, you forgot about pyrite.

Pyrite seems less rare and more just inconsistent  :w00t:

In one playthrough i had a dozen of the things before even reaching Nekataka, but in another playthrough i couldn't find any at all  :w00t:

• Like 1

- If she sleeps in your room, you expose her to the rabid companions

- If you send her to the menagerie, you'll be accused of treating her like an animal

- If you leave her with the crew, she becomes a drunk and a drug addict

- If you send her away from the ship, it's child abandonment

It's a no-win situation. :banghead:

And sending them to hang with the companions is not much better. Even Pallegina, who you'd think would be a bit more responsible is terrible. At first she asks her if she has any duties on the ship, I think even if she gets some education, and Vela says she helps around, swabs decks, and has chores (not sure about education. I think she mentions learning shanties). Then Pallegina proceeds to ask if Vela is small enough to fit in an Imperial Long Gun. Vela asks why, and Pallegina answers something like "Well, someone has to clean them too". WTF, Bird lady?!

Edited by Jazhara7
  • Like 2

I am proud to say that in our graduation yearbook, I was voted to be the most likely of my class to Communicate with Cows.

Did you know if you made a slingshot completely fashioned out of badgers and shot a peanut into outer space you could blow up the sun?

- If you send her to the menagerie, you'll be accused of treating her like an animal

And sending them to hang with the companions is not much better. Even Pallegina, who you'd think would be a bit more responsible is terrible. At first she asks her if she has any duties on the ship, I think even if she gets some education, and Vela says she helps around, swabs decks, and has chores (not sure about education. I think she mentions learning shanties). Then Pallegina proceeds to ask if Vela is small enough to fit in an Imperial Long Gun. Vela asks why, and Pallegina answers something like "Well, someone has to clean them too". WTF, Bird lady?!

Yeah, that was the final nail in the coffin of her chances at being my active companion. Now Pallegina swabs the deck and does other chores, so Vela can have fun instead. 

• Like 2

Winning is not stealing babies for no reason.

Seriously, you don't have to pick up *everything*

Edited by Voss
  • Like 1

Winning is not stealing babies for no reason.

Those words you say. They make no sense.

thumb-7595.jpg

That's what I mean.

• Like 4

I am proud to say that in our graduation yearbook, I was voted to be the most likely of my class to Communicate with Cows.

Did you know if you made a slingshot completely fashioned out of badgers and shot a peanut into outer space you could blow up the sun?

I am still undecided about ''adopting'' her in the first game. Although I may do it with my 'less' good run. My main run...although it would be nice to have a daughter, the consequences stuff is what's worrying me. I mean after being a paragon of virtue, kidnapping an orlan baby for some reason doesn't really fit :D I want to have her in the second game but I also don't wanna screw her up, you know ? O.o

• Like 1

I am still undecided about ''adopting'' her in the first game. Although I may do it with my 'less' good run. My main run...although it would be nice to have a daughter, the consequences stuff is what's worrying me. I mean after being a paragon of virtue, kidnapping an orlan baby for some reason doesn't really fit :D I want to have her in the second game but I also don't wanna screw her up, you know ? O.o

Keeping her was the best and only choice. In my game, when I left the house, her "good" brother appeared and we ended up fighting. He and his people didn't seem to care about the fact that I had a baby in my arms. One of them even cast Plague of Insects.

Trust me, she is safer in a pirate ship than among people that do things like that.

• Like 4

sign.jpg

Keeping her was the best and only choice. In my game, when I left the house, her "good" brother appeared and we ended up fighting. He and his people didn't seem to care about the fact that I had a baby in my arms. One of them even cast Plague of Insects.

Trust me, she is safer in a pirate ship than among people that do things like that.

Yes! And, she gets to be a pirate!

In her eyes, only then are you truly a paragon of virtue.

• Like 3

my... lets call him, um... somewhat benevolent, ex-mercenary, trying to get along without leaving a path of corpses in his wake (and doing fairly poorly at that)...

um, where was i going with this? 

right, he figured it was far safer killing her "grandfather" and company, and absconding with the kid... as everyone there didn't seem willing to do anything about granddad sacrificing her in the first place. Kel (my character) simply couldn't trust leaving her in their "care", as even the one person against that little baby sacrificing ritual wasn't prepared to do anything himself, personally.

• Like 2

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

my... lets call him, um... somewhat benevolent, ex-mercenary, trying to get along without leaving a path of corpses in his wake (and doing fairly poorly at that)...

right, he figured it was far safer killing her "grandfather" and company, and absconding with the kid... as everyone there didn't seem willing to do anything about granddad sacrificing her in the first place. Kel (my character) simply couldn't trust leaving her in their "care", as even the one person against that little baby sacrificing ritual wasn't prepared to do anything himself, personally.

Even my evil character (a Bleak Walker) found it outrageous. The leader of the fiercest warrior tribe couldn't kill a baby!? He was sentenced to death right there, before the conversation ended. Not to mention that it was a society that killed babies...

In the end this character didn't keep Vela, but I'll retcon it using the legacy editor for obvious reasons.  :cat:

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

Even my evil character (a Bleak Walker) found it outrageous. The leader of the fiercest warrior tribe couldn't kill a baby!? He was sentenced to death right there, before the conversation ended. Not to mention that it was a society that killed babies...

In the end this character didn't keep Vela, but I'll retcon it using the legacy editor for obvious reasons.  :cat:

That fits. It's a generalization of Judge, Jury and Executioner. Except it's Family Court judge, Child Protective Services, and Foster Parent in a world that doesn't officially have these things.

• Like 1

To the extent that abducting an orlan baby to avert her sacrifice, bringing her to your castle and then later to your pirate ship can be described as 'realism', it is a good thing about the decisions you make in PoE 1&2. All solutions are imperfect and there are tradeoffs to consider.

• Like 2

To the extent that abducting an orlan baby to avert her sacrifice, bringing her to your castle and then later to your pirate ship can be described as 'realism', it is a good thing about the decisions you make in PoE 1&2. All solutions are imperfect and there are tradeoffs to consider.

can't recall atm, but was there an honest conversation reply that went something like... "you're lucky i just happened by, if i hadn't been strolling by just now... your chieftain would be slurping vela soul tonic right now. i doubt abandoning her to you would be a kindness." or some-such?

ps love the toshiro mifune portrait.  :wub:

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

can't recall atm, but was there an honest conversation reply that went something like... "you're lucky i just happened by, if i hadn't been strolling by just now... your chieftain would be slurping vela soul tonic right now. i doubt abandoning her to you would be a kindness." or some-such?

It may have been. It was a while ago. I just remember going outside and having Vela's negligent relative attacking without much provocation. Something like:"I was trying to keep her safe" , "Well, die scum", "uh, wut?"

ps love the toshiro mifune portrait.  :wub:

Thanks. It seemed to fit once I chose my forum name.

• 1 month later...