RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

I have yet to see a game that offers pre-order content which you weren't able to buy at a later time.

Umfortunatelly I have met few of them. As an example. One of them is Mortal Kombat X Collector's Edition exclusive skin for Scorpion. Square Enix loves this practice as well. FFXV has few of these, too.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And in other more positive news:

Complete edition of "Not that one" game, might finally see release in the west. Well you never know, but I hope the will not again completely **** their audience and pull the same stunt and release the game on Xbox One exlusivelly...

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/news/tales-vesperia-10th-anniversary-placeholder-url-surfaces

I am speaking about Tales of Vesperia 10th Anniversary Edition Remaster.

• Like 1

Well this one was worth a lot on e-bay :p

I pre-ordered the original RDR on the ps3 and it came with a golden gun and a gold pistol that would give you a reputation boost. I think I still have them. :p

But honestly, I don't want RDR2, I just want a copy of RDR for the Xbox. I like Sony and all that jazz but when it is 4K on Xbox One X vs 640p@25fps on the PS3...

I gotta find a copy of RDR for the ecksbucks.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

RDR2 is my most anticipated game, but I can wait it out. Pre-order only content feels so antiquated, didn't they learn last gen to include that sort of content in every new title to discourage used sales? Well, now they are encouraging used sales. Congratulations Rockstar.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first game, but unlike a lot of people, I'm not clamoring to get my hands on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm sure it'll be great, but Rockstar doesn't deserve nearly the amount of praise that they get. It'll be an enjoyable game, but once I'm done with it, I'll move on to another game and that'll be it.

RDR2 is my most anticipated game, but I can wait it out. Pre-order only content feels so antiquated, didn't they learn last gen to include that sort of content in every new title to discourage used sales? Well, now they are encouraging used sales. Congratulations Rockstar.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first game, but unlike a lot of people, I'm not clamoring to get my hands on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm sure it'll be great, but Rockstar doesn't deserve nearly the amount of praise that they get. It'll be an enjoyable game, but once I'm done with it, I'll move on to another game and that'll be it.

That's my thoughts with GTA5....

I enjoyed Watch Dogs and Mafia 2 more but GTA5 stole everyone's thunder. Didn't really deserve it but "legacy".

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I enjoyed Watch Dogs and Mafia 2 more but GTA5 stole everyone's thunder. Didn't really deserve it but "legacy".

I know a guy that absolutely despises Rockstar and while I wouldn't go that far with them, I can understand why. They definitely get a lot of attention, hype, and praise even when they don't deserve it. Nobody looks at what they've done wrong. That, and I think their games are needlessly edgy just for the sake being edgy. But hey, if you criticize Rockstar, you'll probably just be attacked by the Rockstar fanboys.

7.5 million is supposedly what Paradox paid for HBS. I just hope they don't put them on mobile games since they are expanding into the mobile market and HBS started there.

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/paradox-interactive-to-acquire-seattle-based-harebrained-schemes/

Yep, it’s for $7.5 million plus an additional 25% of business earning over the next five years.

Seems pretty low — atleast compared to what Electronic Arts paid for that niche RPG developer out of the Albertan backwater.

But HBS is a small studio making low-budget indie titles.

Good news for Battletech fans.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I know a guy that absolutely despises Rockstar and while I wouldn't go that far with them, I can understand why. They definitely get a lot of attention, hype, and praise even when they don't deserve it. Nobody looks at what they've done wrong. That, and I think their games are needlessly edgy just for the sake being edgy. But hey, if you criticize Rockstar, you'll probably just be attacked by the Rockstar fanboys.

Yep. Alotta audiences are like that, sadly. Same could be said for Call Of Duty fans or Infinity Engine fans, and so on. Alotta horrible games out there with a die-hard following. There seems to be the false logic of "We will follow these franchises to the death because they had a game that revolutionized the genre" even though the devs of the games didn't revolutionize anything back in the day.

For me, if a game sucks I just move on, so many games out there that it's just too easy to not get stuck on one or two. That's how I look it anyway.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Just read Valve's statement on what they'll allow on Steam. Basically the tl;dr is "We are too cowardly to make a decision / take a stand, so we'll allow anything in, and if you don't like it, look away, we here at Valve will be doing so as well."

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1666776116200553082

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yep. Alotta audiences are like that, sadly. Same could be said for Call Of Duty fans or Infinity Engine fans, and so on. Alotta horrible games out there with a die-hard following. There seems to be the false logic of "We will follow these franchises to the death because they had a game that revolutionized the genre" even though the devs of the games didn't revolutionize anything back in the day.

For me, if a game sucks I just move on, so many games out there that it's just too easy to not get stuck on one or two. That's how I look it anyway.

Yeah, I understand you. I think fanboyism is pretty toxic.

I have little problem with their stance so long as they make adequate tools to help people find the games they'll like. Valve has been resistant to efforts on that end that don't amount to a form of crowdsourcing. The tag system is user driven and useful maybe half the time and curators are as uncurated as the market itself. We're going to just get more of that. We'll end up with cute puzzle platformers getting hidden by a "sexual content" tag put on by 4channers and we're still going to see Nekopara get recommended for people who recently played Painkiller.

And a million little asset flips or achievement hunter games still filling up the new releases in every single category. Want to find something actually decent? You'd better have very common taste so you can find something with a ton of positive reviews already, and even then you better know how to analyze the review graph to make sure there's not a key giveaway or review bomb altering the numbers.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Meh...

Those devs that said "We're leaving Steam to go to GoG because we got a letter saying that our games will get removed."

Yeah, that was all just BS. They'd never leave Steam, they would just censor their games if they had to. The sex sells offense was just because they couldn't be creative enough to make something else. In retrospective, it's very easy to see that the devs were ar fault here, not Steam. And although it's hard for people to realize that Steam wasn't complaining but rather that consumers were flagging games for their hentai, Valve seems to get the flak.

Not that Valve would get embraressed by this at any rate and I highly doubt GoG would let their marketplace be filled with HuniePop in the first place - GoG has learned alot from Valve anyway.

Agony is a horror game about hell that is getting rave reviews. What nobody knows is that the released version had cut content and was highly censored.

The uncensored version is called Agony Unrated and will be sold as a seperate title, but are trying to talk with Steam representatives to make it free update or dlc for existing owners (no response as of yet).

https://steamcommunity.com/games/487720/announcements/detail/1648761723383113903

New Diablo project in thr works... likely a Diablo mmorpg? Why of course...

https://youtu.be/4ZfwVqur_Kk

Edited by SonicMage117

Agony is getting "rave reviews"? For all I've heard, the game is getting trashed everywhere.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Interesting. I haven't seen that yet.