RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

Hah. You sure as hell won't be forgetting about it. In fact, we'll probably read about that crap at least twice every week now up until release. It'll be hell on earth.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I haven't bought a Bioware game since ME3,

Wasn't there only one Bioware game since ME3 and it bombed like hell?

Inquisition and ME Andromedo. So 2, technically. I also won't buy Anthem.

Neither DA:I nor Andromeda bombed "like hell" in terms of sales. What they didn't do was meet EA's inflated expectations* and both games had issues that didn't endear them to the fanbase.

* No idea where those came from. DA2 was not very well received and ME3 ended up with fans sending BioWare thousands of red, blue and green muffins - and all of them were vanilla flavored. I found that quite hilarious. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

TLJ breaks records sales! Black Panther BREAKS Record Sales!!! IFNINTINTIWAR BREAKSRECOARDS SALES!!!!!!!

FALLOUT 4 SELLS MORE THAN 3 & NV COMBINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost like the world's population is going up or something. A lot of people falling for marketing doesn't mean ****! Hmph.

• Like 2

This is why the gaming industry has largely stopped appealing to me. I know they still make good games (especially in the indie area) but mostly they've turned into the same mass-market, generic, trend-following, over-spending, rebooting culture as the (US) movie industry. Predictable trajectory of all big business, mind, but always annoying nonetheless.

And even most indie games aren't developing projects that interest me on a personal level. (edit - eg the "trends" aren't my thing, is all)

I'm just happy when I find a game that appeals to me on a visceral level now. But an online shooter type of game wouldn't even do that.

Bethesda was never a fave company for me tho. I liked Morrowind and Obsidian's NV and that was about it. But it's not surprising they want to continue to try to capitalize on the online-gaming trend/frenzies.

Edit: will this have games-as-service model as well?

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I'm all excited about being able to purchase the Vintar BC from STALKER for the low low price of 4,99

That's a VSS Vintorez sunshine and don't you forget it. And if they use real names it'll be $6.99 to cover the licensing fee.

WW3 people could at least use a 'cool' russian gun like a groza or vintorez instead of a boring old AK74.

Sorry Im not following.

To summarize:

Y: "New FO wouldnt sell as good as FO3 and NV"

M: "But FO4 almost did better than both combined and much better than either individually."

Y: "So, I didn't like it."

M: "Ok."

Y: "Future unnamed FO versions will do crappier."  <----Is this where we are in the conversation?

Just to step in here on this important discussion.  Mediocrity sells.  How many CoDs have been lambasted for being bad and the next on sells like hotcakes?  I haven't bought a Bioware game since ME3, and that doesn't seem to matter to the overall sales.   I, personally, have no interest in Fallout anymore outside of booting up NV, 1, or 2 whenever the whim takes me.  However, there will be 30 people lapping it up.  This will counteract my 1 purchase with 30.  We can continue to whine about games not being as good as its predecessors, but until sales dwindle you can hope all you want but you will likely be incorrect about sales.  Gamers cry today, and turn around and preorder the next title after some videos and hype from E3.  Consumers... Consumers never change.

CoD sales have been declining though. They still sell well, but not as well as they did (from memory, CODIW/ WW2 each sold <40% of peak CoD titles).

If there is a drop in quality a drop in sales tends to lag behind by at least one game as people largely buy the immediate sequel based on their experience of the previous games and expectations based on that. If F4 was received poorly by the players then it would be F5 that would suffer the consequences of it.

That also means that F4 may have sold well based on reception of F3/NV and Skyrim, rather than because people liked it for itself. Again, best indicator would be comparative sales of F5, and they're conjecture.

Yeah, I'm not saying that sales wont lag. Cod has had 10+ incarnations (I dont feel like counting them up Lol). It is natural that they are declining overtime. Especially since multiplayer fps have more competition today than they did when Cod set those trends a decade ago. Now games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Pubg, Destiny, and even old competitors like battlefield/battlefront are starting to take small bites out of CoDs base. I don't know if I can say quality of Cod games is the only factor in its sales dipping. I will say it is possibly 1 of a lot of factors though. The FPS genre seems to be going through a shake up with the battle royale games becoming popular as well. That genre is in for a shake up no matter the situation.

That said, those big AAA "RPGs" dont have an over saturated environment. Fallout, TES, Dragon Age, ME, Witcher. One of those 5 titles a year is about all you can expect, and that is pushing it. Shooters have 5 titles in a single year... If not more.

TLJ breaks records sales! Black Panther BREAKS Record Sales!!! IFNINTINTIWAR BREAKSRECOARDS SALES!!!!!!!

It's almost like the world's population is going up or something. A lot of people falling for marketing doesn't mean ****! Hmph.

I missed something, do people on the forum think that better game sales mean a better quality game? Even with the exception of people not being able to accept the fact that FO4 did some things better than FO3 and NV, there seems to be alt of other confusion on forums within the whole topic as well.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I missed something, do people on the forum think that better game sales mean a better quality game? Even with the exception of people not being able to accept the fact that FO4 did some things better than FO3 and NV, there seems to be alt of other confusion on forums within the whole topic as well.

Someone mentioned FO4 sales numbers in relation to other FO titles.

I'm just bouncing off of that to make meta-commentary about how publishers read too much into relative sales numbers.

Everything is ****

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Online survival and basement building sounds like the worst direction for a fallout game. I doubt any of the current fanbase will embrace this. Fallout didn't become popular because of "survival and basement building", and slap online on it only make the whole idea sounds even worse.

I don't really understand their motivation here. Fallout 4 sells extremely well and word of mouth isn't really that bad,all they have to do is making a New Vegas style spin-offs with a little tweak,it will be guaranteed financial success. Yet they decide to tap into a genre with billions of other competitors and facing inevitable coming fan backlash for what reason again?

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

It's funny, because the 76 reminded me instantly of it as well. It pisses me off so hard that we won't ever see a remake of that game. Really, I just want exactly Interstate '76 in a slightly more modern optic. Better quality models and textures, better sound effects, better particle effects. This would make me happy a lot.

I'76 is the only car combat game I ever really liked. Nothing could top it for me, not even close.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I was hoping it'd be Fallout SimCity

Bethesda? An Isometric game?! But that way they wouldn't have to reuse the same old 15 year old engine like they always do.

*pukes*

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's funny, because the 76 reminded me instantly of it as well. It pisses me off so hard that we won't ever see a remake of that game. Really, I just want exactly Interstate '76 in a slightly more modern optic. Better quality models and textures, better sound effects, better particle effects. This would make me happy a lot.

I'76 is the only car combat game I ever really liked. Nothing could top it for me, not even close.

I liked tons of those games!

Twisted metal, Carmageddon, Micro Machines, Re-Volt, and most importantly Dead Rally:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Rally#/media/File:Death_Rally_cover.jpg

ironically never played I76 :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It's just not the same as I76. The setting, the characters, the cars, the music, etc... Carmageddon was good too, but again, completely different beast.

I think it's owned by Activison, no? That means it'll be dead forever.

I wonder if it's legally an option to make a very similar game and just give it a different name. VigilanteSomethingSomething or whatever.

Edited by Lexx

Now I'm all excited about being able to purchase the Vintar BC from STALKER for the low low price of 4,99

Just leaving this here:

20180205174638_1.jpg

FO3 and NV definitely had more freedoms than FO4, that's for sure but story wise and gameplay mechanics wise, FO4 was quite the evolution for the series. FO4 was polished and became Minecraft-carnate but that doesn't really matter since Fallout lost its identity long ago.

FO4 might have been quite the evolution, but polished? Hell no. I mean sure if you compare to F:NV but then pretty much everything looks polished (especially if you take into account the launch state), but I'd argue FO3 was easily more polished from a purely technical PoV than FO4 (and I'd toss in Skyrim too as being way more polished than FO4).

Edited by marelooke

Didn't they run this whole 'save the single-player games!' campaign a while ago? Pretty ironic... :lol:

Not particularly, considering both Evil Within games, both Wolfenstein games, Doom 2016, Prey, Dishonored II ... Don't forget they're also publishers.
  • Like 1

Didn't they run this whole 'save the single-player games!' campaign a while ago? Pretty ironic... :lol:

Not particularly, considering both Evil Within games, both Wolfenstein games, Doom 2016, Prey, Dishonored II ... Don't forget they're also publishers.

Not to mention we actually don't know anything about the new Fallout yet. It could just be Fallout 5 set in Philadelphia.