RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

I kinda like it, seems like decent BF copy

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

lol, germany throwing cluster bombs at moscow? Or is that supposed to be NATO? There was at least one soldier with a german flag on his jacket.

/edit: Oh wait, they switched to Berlin at this point. So NATO is bombing Berlin? I don't get it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think the guesses about the new Fallout being more like Overwatch or Fortnite are pretty spot on. The heyday of MMO's is long past, and considering they were already pushing hard into the construction and shooter aspects of Fallout 4, it wouldn't be surprising that they want to cash in on the hot new genre.

I have no interest in it, but that actually makes it easier to walk away from the franchise, I suppose.

• Like 1

lol, germany throwing cluster bombs at moscow? Or is that supposed to be NATO? There was at least one soldier with a german flag on his jacket.

/edit: Oh wait, they switched to Berlin at this point. So NATO is bombing Berlin? I don't get it.

It's a COD-esque cool set piece, don't think too much on it.  :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think the guesses about the new Fallout being more like Overwatch or Fortnite are pretty spot on. The heyday of MMO's is long past, and considering they were already pushing hard into the construction and shooter aspects of Fallout 4, it wouldn't be surprising that they want to cash in on the hot new genre.

I have no interest in it, but that actually makes it easier to walk away from the franchise, I suppose.

I dunno, ganking newbs and taking their canned tuna fits pretty well into the whole wasteland raider theme. The problem is if everything is designed around online coop and factions and so on. It destroys the singler player experience every time. To my memory no one has ever been able to do both equally well in the same game. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Eh. Would be interested in it if it had Obsidian involved, but this way it's probably just going to be the same garbage as always.

It still kinda stings seeing my childhood franchise getting raped once more.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It would be interesting if this was a Fallout 4X strategy game where Vault 76 tries to "reclaim" the United States and has to compete against, ally with, or exterminate other factions such as the NCR, Brotherhood, etc.  Of course, I have zero faith in Bethesda (the developer, not the publisher) producing anything actually interesting, so I can pretty much forget about that idea.

As an aside, LOL at Bluehole suing Epic over Fortnite copying PUBG.  It should be noted that PUBG did NOT create the battle royale genre, it wasn't even the game that popularized the genre (H1Z1 most likely lays claim to that), and it's a game that quite literally uses stock store bought assets.  It should also be noted that they are suing them in South Korea and I won't pretend to know anything at all about Korean copyright law.  I know in the US Bluehole wouldn't have a leg to stand on and would essentially be laughed out of court.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

well I seen that its still their awefull engine due to that character animation so I already know it will be unbearable for me

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Eh. Would be interested in it if it had Obsidian involved, but this way it's probably just going to be the same garbage as always.

It still kinda stings seeing my childhood franchise getting raped once more.

If Obsidian was involved it would atleast resemble a RPG instead of being a mockery of it.

I'm still raw from the last one.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So a survival game similar to Rust/Conan Exiles/Ark/H1Z1 without any story and with co-op and settlement building?! Now it all makes sense. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just threw up in my mouth.  :x

I guess it makes sense.  It takes FO4's boring building mechanic and expands it to be the focal point of a game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was hoping it'd be Fallout SimCity

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If Fallout 76 is a Rust clone, will it also have your male characters' member size of your characters tied to your Steam ID?

edit:

Wait, what, really, the P-word is censored? Pfff. NIPPLES.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Too bad Obsidian probably just wants to use their own IPs. :/

I doubt Beth will ever throw something the way of Obisian again after the little Metacritic issue went public.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I agree with the general sentiment. Bethesda has lost their mojo when it comes to Fallout games, shop it out and oversee instead. As a publisher they tend to do pretty well.

Yes, they really should be focusing on new IP's. I think people will be surprised that a new Fallout wouldn't sell as expected. All thanks to FO3 and NV of course.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...