Hylea's Bounty Not Carrying Over

Nahlar

Question

Hello all,

I completed PoE one and sided with Hylea when it came to receiving a gods bounty, I also returned the souls to the hollowborn children in order to get Hylea's Bounty ending cards.

However after importing my save into Deadfire and meeting Hylea, I have now had my boat covered in poo :(
Despite me completing the previous quests in PoE and importing my save, Hylea seems to think I betrayed her at somepoint.

Im not sure if this is something specific I did wrong (I did get the ending cards that would be in line with pleasing Hylea) or if something went wrong in the save import.

Any help anyone can give would be appreciated as it sucks to put all that effort in only for it not to be carried over.

If needed I can attach any save file.

4 answers to this question

When you imported did you get the Hylea's Bounty item?

I refused to promise my actions to any of the gods but because I picked to return the souls to the Hollow Born I ended up with a fancy cake that claims its for fulfilling my promise. Given I specifically avoided making a promise thats a bit annoying.

Edited by Azzy

Hi Nahlar,

This issue should be fixed in our latest build, is this still an issue? Please let me know!

Thanks,

-Caleb

I can confirm that this is still an issue. Hylea doesn't like me. And since I'm playing this (via Steam) on a separate computer from the one I played PoE 1 on (also via Steam), rather than install PoE 1 to get my cloud saves, I just manually went through creating the history. And I chose Hylea. And boosted the Dyrwood. Just as I did in the game.

So I can confirm that this happens when manually creating history. If you fixed the bug with save import, you haven't fixed it with manual creation.

Hi Nahlar,

This issue should be fixed in our latest build, is this still an issue? Please let me know!

Thanks,

-Caleb

I can confirm that this is still an issue. Hylea doesn't like me. And since I'm playing this (via Steam) on a separate computer from the one I played PoE 1 on (also via Steam), rather than install PoE 1 to get my cloud saves, I just manually went through creating the history. And I chose Hylea. And boosted the Dyrwood. Just as I did in the game.

So I can confirm that this happens when manually creating history. If you fixed the bug with save import, you haven't fixed it with manual creation.

I should also add (in case it matters) that this was actually the second time I manually created a history. I decided to restart with a new character build early on in the game (i.e. sometime in Neketaka) and since I had encountered the issue with Hylea the first time, I recreated the history in case I somehow messed it up the first time, or possibly the choosing of two gods with the same end goal was an intentional in-game issue with the gods themselves.

In PoE 1 when I played it (and when I manually created the first history for PoE2) I actually supported both Galawain and Hylea, since both wanted the same end goal of reinforcing the Dyrwood, even if they did it for different reasons. Neither had any issues with this in the first game, IIRC, because they both got what they wanted. But after Hylea's reaction in the first dream sequence after the boat, I thought maybe she was the jealous type or something, so for my second history creation I chose just her. But this still resulted in the same thing as the first history where I choose her and Galawain:  no boon and a ship that's literally full of crap.

Also, if you're supposed to get a boon from Galawin if you choose him, I'm pretty sure I didn't get that either with the first history I created.