Can't pick skill when levelling up ..

trikztar

Question

5 answers to this question

Because you already picked another branch of that skill if it's not obvious. You can pick only 1 evolution way

Actually no, it isn't obvious.

A branching tree can still have than more branches, most people would assume they can pick multiple related skills as long they have the preprequesite skill for them.I doN't see why this couldn't be allowed anyway, a character only has a few points to spend on abilities anyway so let the player decide more freely on what they get used on.

IB1OsQq.png

Because you already picked another branch of that skill if it's not obvious. You can pick only 1 evolution way

Actually no, it isn't obvious.

A branching tree can still have than more branches, most people would assume they can pick multiple related skills as long they have the preprequesite skill for them.I doN't see why this couldn't be allowed anyway, a character only has a few points to spend on abilities anyway so let the player decide more freely on what they get used on.

Well , probably not obvious for some people, ye. Obvious for most 

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize that picking one branch would close off the other. I'm not sure I understand why it has to be either or - it's doesn't seam like it would be OP if the character had access to both skills. Ah well. You live and learn.

- t