Quest A Dance with death - Cant be completed

OneTrickPony

Question

Hey, Im on the "A dance with death" quest, after commandeering the Floating Hangman the quest tells me to report to the Principi leader in Dunnage.

When I returned, Aeldys gave me another Scordeos Edge from the earlier Honor among thieves quest, then the dialog only shows the dialog options prior to the Lucia and floating hangman fight.

Anyone know a way around this? Thanks!

I would have used an earlier save, but the backup save I have takes me waaay back.

• Like 1

A Dance with Death can't be completed. Suffering from the same issue here. Can't sail with the Principi to Ukaizo. I almost tried everything to give the god damn signal in order to Principi sail with me but nope, couldn't find a way. I hope this is my fault but doesn't seem like it. If there's a solution, a way, even if it's a cheat at this point, please enlighten me. I am really frustrated.

Thank you.

Sail with the Principi into Ondra's Mortar. That's the part of the quest i'm stuck with. Somehow it's not getting started. I've done everything, opened every corner of the map and of course i've sailed everywhere. It's not getting started and it is really frustrating. So please someone, help.

I tried that, with my fully uprgraded junk ship. Nothing happens. I can go, said to Ukaizo but can't enter the zone. Can't click. Nothing happens. At this point, there is nothing to do i guess. My game is stuck. And i'm afraid it needs more than a hotfix to save this. For some reason i did not get "The Coming Storm" quest, and "A Dance with Death" is just stuck. Doesn't advance. I go to Captain Aeldys and she is just repeating the same lines, over and over again. Frustration over 9000.

I tried that, with my fully uprgraded junk ship. Nothing happens. I can go, said to Ukaizo but can't enter the zone. Can't click. Nothing happens. At this point, there is nothing to do i guess. My game is stuck. And i'm afraid it needs more than a hotfix to save this. For some reason i did not get "The Coming Storm" quest, and "A Dance with Death" is just stuck. Doesn't advance. I go to Captain Aeldys and she is just repeating the same lines, over and over again. Frustration over 9000.

I know it's not ideal, but have you tried killing both pirate leaders and sailing to Ukaizo either in your own fully upgraded ship or in the Floating Hangman?

You don't just click Ukaizo in the map. That's not gonna work. Rather, do you see the big storm in the map that covers Ukaizo? Go to one of the fringes of that GIANT storm and there should be a scene that will play out. It will ask you if you really want to head over to that storm. 

• Like 1

Yeah i know the scene you mentioned. It doesn't play out. When i go there, sail inside the storm or go one of the fringes, nothing happens. I think it's about The Coming Storm quest, i somehow didn't get it and that fuks up my game.

I've just done this quest now to recreate your problem. In the quest journal, it says to signal so that the Principi Fleet go with you but that is misleading. If you talk to Aeldys you will find otu that you need to meet her at Ondras Mortar. And then you just cant click towards the storm. You first towards Neketaka, then have your mouse point in incremental bits towards the storm where you will see plenty of ships are. If you just click Ukaizo or where the storm is it will give you that red \ sign on your mouse but its just the game bugging out. So you have to go there incrementally.

Keep clicking your mouse until you arrive to where all the ships are. Ive just done it so it should work for you 

• Like 1

@giftmefood, i've done that. i've seen the ship and i've arrived there. Nothing happened. I think the problem is i am missing a main quest "The Coming Storm" in my quest line. Somehow, for some reason, i don't have that quest in my journal. My game just advanced to "The City Lost to Time" and i think it is the problem.

argh same for me. I can sail to dunnage with the floating hangman as per the quest's requests but she just keeps giving me sabres. I've tried everything at this point to get Aeldys to acknowledge that I've acquired the ship. Also after commandeering it I managed to lose half my crew, WORTHLESS IDIOT is missing! Nightmare. So many bugs and workarounds, they really don't want you to progress with the Principi faction questline do they. 

• Like 1

I suspect the problem is "the coming storm" quest. If you go with the principi, you don't get it and it kinda prevents you from advancing further. I don't know, I may be completely wrong but I didn't get that damned quest and I am stuck. Somehow I skipped that one and jumped directly to "the city lost to time". I don't know how but I suspect it has something to do with principi quest line. If we can somehow find quest id's maybe then we can advance the quest by using console commands. I looked for them but so far I couldn't find them.

So, I got this same situation and got it fixed. There is a scene at the Kahanga Palace where you get "The Coming Storm." After talking to Aldys, you have to go there and then it replays an earlier scene where you wake up and most of the heads are at the palace talking about what to do. However, it now extends the scene because Aldys shows up. Then it gives you the quest. Then it finishes the quest.  I can confirm that doing this puts the Trigger at correct place and puts you on the path Ukaizo and the rest of this part of the game.

I don't even think the game is bugged. It just seems that multiple people have accidentally done a sequence break where you have gotten access to the final mission before actually getting "the coming storm" quest that tells you to go and get access to the final mission.

This may be unique to the Principi line because the pirates are completely separate, which is why we are having this problem. 

You should reply to this and discuss if this helped. Also, did you happen to do like half or more of the other faction quests before settling on the Principi? I did that and I think it contributed to the sequence break. 

• Like 1

@KennyK, did not work for me. Just like you said, first i sailed to Dunnage, to speak with Captail Aeldys, after doing that i came back to Kahanga Palace. Just like you said that earlier waking up scene replayed but did not extend. Aeldys was there though. But i couldn't talk to her. She was just standing there. No possible interaction. Thanks for trying to help but i really dont know what to do. Its frustrating.

I have multiple saves, one of them is just before speaking the oath for the ghostship. So i loaded that one. Acquired the ship and sailed to dunnage to speak with Aeldys. Did that and the result is weird. She gives me "The City Lost to Time" skips "The Coming Storm" and "A Dance with Death" is still there, incomplete. So i tried to go Kahanga Palace before Dunnage. It replayed the scene again but no extension. Aeldys is still there but i can't speak to her. She just stands there. So i don't know, am i doing something wrong KennyK? I mean i feel like we are close to a solution here, so please help :)