Eulogy for the Dead entrance bug

Defius

Question

I started the quest Eylogy of the dead and open the entrance to the catacombs.After exploring the tomb and getting one tablet I went outside to the high priest of berath assuming that I need only one tablet. Now when I go to enter agian the catacombs the door is closed and it triggers a cutscene where  i must use the Eel's Coil  to open it again without having that option to do it. I am stuck and cant enter the catacombs.Must I charge the Eel's Coil to have the berath's  blessing somewhere or is it a bug.

11 answers to this question

Same problem happened to me. Left Hanging Sepulchers after short exploration to come back when I level up some more. Now door is closed again and it is not possible to open them despite I still have Eel's Coil (which originally opened the door). Seems like a bug to me.

Good news, friends (I hope): Let's just say that you can enter those catacombs without the coil. I did - just pass a scripted interaction down on the very cliffside at the far left.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I have another bug. I have both the tablets, but cant properly interact with the second skeleton to open the door. It says inspect skeleton and leave, but I cant read the eulogy and thus open the door. This is the second major quest bug I have come across after I am unable to finish the Trade Secrets quest without lying to the Huana prince (no option to actually tell him about the smuggler operation anymore! ) But yes, I too went out, through that cave since I thought it was part of the complex, so the bug might have to do with leaving the dungeon. In any case, I feel so many quest bugs are kind of game breaking and won`t play the game again before it is patched.

@Magnukra: I thought that was a bug as well, but after having gone up to check all the NPCs and convos upstairs and then back in again, where I checked that catacomb level harder (there are lots of secret nooks and crannies - don't forget to read all books, scrolls, letters, and even tablets you find (don't just pick stuff up - this is at times a game for reading as well), then that skeleton worked just like it should.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

@Magnukra: I thought that was a bug as well, but after having gone up to check all the NPCs and convos upstairs and then back in again, where I checked that catacomb level harder (there are lots of secret nooks and crannies - don't forget to read all books, scrolls, letters, and even tablets you find (don't just pick stuff up - this is at times a game for reading as well), then that skeleton worked just like it should.

But I have both tablets, did the quest in order and only one of the skeletons work. I may not have high enough perception to find all the secret stuff, but that should hardly break the quest, should it? Interacting with one of the skeletons was fine, then I didnt find the second tablet, went through the cave and climbed up, checked a walktrhough, went downstairs again and found the tablet I was missing. But as I said, the second skeleton gives me no option and I am stuck. I truly love this game, but it does have a few quest bugs that I truly hope they fix.

If this is not a bug, then please tell me what on earth is wrong. Regards, Magnus

I had both tablets too, but the female skellie to the right refused to work. And after some searching down south, I realized that you have to activate her story, otherwise she won't accept the tablet.

Embarassingly, as it was tens of hours of playtime ago, I don't recall the details - but I found something I had missed and read it. Then I went back to her skeleton with the tablet, and everything just worked fine (i.e., the door opened). Sorry that I don't have the specifics, but the stuff you need to do is there (and my best Perception in my party was 12).

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

I see, I am in another place in the game now, but I have read all the books I have available. Hopefully someone else can answer this. WIth me, its the skeleton to the right that I can`t activate. I did assume this was a bug, but hope you are right.

I rummaged through my saves, and luckiy I had one right before I opened the door, and after my thinking it was a bug and my revisit to the Berath temple.

This meant that I could redo the quest just for you! :)

You have to find the two stone tablets, but not only that!

ychF2N.jpg

If you read my quest log below, you'll see that when I've right-clicked the stone tablets in my inventory (==having read them!), the game acknowledges this, and the quest is updated:

BayLeV.jpg

Then you can make the female skellie to the right interactive, and via her dialogue:

gBUiEL.jpg

78cfmA.jpg

Hey presto, the huge door opens:

i2JPbB.jpg

I rummaged through my saves, and luckiy I had one right before I opened the door, and after my thinking it was a bug and my revisit to the Berath temple.

This meant that I could redo the quest just for you! :)

You have to find the two stone tablets, but not only that!

ychF2N.jpg

If you read my quest log below, you'll see that when I've right-clicked the stone tablets in my inventory (==having read them!), the game acknowledges this, and the quest is updated:

BayLeV.jpg

Then you can make the female skellie to the right interactive, and via her dialogue:

gBUiEL.jpg

78cfmA.jpg

Hey presto, the huge door opens:

i2JPbB.jpg

I am very, very grateful! A million thanks. So incredibly nice of you! :)

• Like 1