Portrait-ception?  Me playing as me, who is me playing as me in Eora.

#Wedontplaygameswhenplayinggames

q9eFobk.jpg

Jokes aside - two topics:

- For those of you who backed at a level where you have contributed to some form of content in-game, care to share what it is?  Is it as you expected?

- and/or for anyone, do you like to roleplay (non-sexual guyz), outside of games in real life?  Who has Deadfire content outside of the actual game (wallpapers, soundtrack on the way to school/work etc).

:dragon:  :bat:  :skull:

• Like 31

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Interesting. On the photo in the OP you remind me of Yul Brynner. Did anyone ever tell you that? xD

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I’ve backed the “create an item “ but haven’t found it yet. It’s a battle axe named Amra, anyone here found it?

Huh, I've added all soon details to the wiki over the past few days and haven't seen it (used the console too get them). You might want to check with Obsidian as I don't think it's in the game (unless they've changed its name).

Awesome stuff guys, It will be good to connect the person to the item when I come across it.

Interesting. On the photo in the OP you remind me of Yul Brynner. Did anyone ever tell you that? xD

xD  I can see that, good call.

Lol at your roleplaying!

I’ve backed the “create an item “ but haven’t found it yet. It’s a battle axe named Amra, anyone here found it?

Have you found it yet?

I contributed something! It's, uh... A small line to a logbook. About a Skaenite cult worshipping a godlike baby. It's not a particularly memorable line, but I'm glad to see it's made it! :grin:

Looking forward to reading it, I'll keep it in mind

• Like 1

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I was involved for many years when I was younger (I would have been a teenager over ten years ago.) with historical reenactments in regards to the Lewis and Clark expedition. I say this without hesitation and without any filter that spending hours at a time in the hot sun in leather and wool makes everything awful and I have no idea how our ancestors survived in any climate with any amount of labor in said clothing. This concludes the extent of my role playing.

As for the game I have life to deal with so I can't play all the time but I'm really enjoying what I'm playing so far. Not really a stickler for any one set of requirements myself but my verdict on a game usually just rests on whether or not I enjoy the time I spent with said game. Some might accuse me of having poor standards but I can say again without hesitation that I believe most games are just fine and that's that. But occasional I'll play something really good and on even rarer occasions I'll play something amazing.

And yes sometimes I play terrible games. But I try very hard to not buy those!

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

I created an item for this game, just as I did for PoE1.

For Deadfire I created a warbow called Frostseeker (was actually meant to be a hunting bow, but I managed to screw that up all by myself by missclicking in the forumula submited to Obsidian).

It was great fun and surprise when I found the item at an encounter (my item for PoE1 was located in a store early in the game so I expected more or less the same for Deadfire).

What I really like with the item is the visual effects that go with it, which is really cool. I also like the upgrades it has. So really nice to see it in the game.

The only thing that feels a bit embarrasing is the item's description. In PoE1 I wrote a long description which I thought a lot about and was satisfied with (I'm not saying it was good, but I put some effort into it atleast). Then when I found the item in game I noticed Obsidian had changed the text a bit, which was totally fine. I wanted it to be consistant with the other writing in the game, so it was no problem.

Jumping forward, I was writing the item description for my bow in Deadfire and I thought that it was no point in putting to much time into it, since Obsidian would be editing it anyway. I wrote a brief text and upon finding the item in game I could see that they had kept my text intact. :p

• Like 13

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I created an item for this game, just as I did for PoE1.

For Deadfire I created a warbow called Frostseeker (was actually meant to be a hunting bow, but I managed to screw that up all by myself by missclicking in the forumula submited to Obsidian).

It was great fun and surprise when I found the item at an encounter (my item for PoE1 was located in a store early in the game so I expected more or less the same for Deadfire).

What I really like with the item is the visual effects that go with it, which is really cool. I also like the upgrades it has. So really nice to see it in the game.

The only thing that feels a bit embarrasing is the item's description. In PoE1 I wrote a long description which I thought a lot about and was satisfied with (I'm not saying it was good, but I put some effort into it atleast). Then when I found the item in game I noticed Obsidian had changed the text a bit, which was totally fine. I wanted it to be consistant with the other writing in the game, so it was no problem.

Jumping forward, I was writing the item description for my bow in Deadfire and I thought that it was no point in putting to much time into it, since Obsidian would be editing it anyway. I wrote a brief text and upon finding the item in game I could see that they had kept my text intact. :p

Is that the warbow that shoots 3 frost arrows or w/e?! If so, I love using that bow on my cipher, so ty! =D

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the one. Glad you like it! I'm very fond of it too. :)

It's a very cool item. Which item did you create in PoE if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you!

The item in PoE1 is called Jêna's lance. It's a pike. It can be found in a store in the first town you enter in the game, where you hook up with Aloth. Been so long now that I can't even remember the name of the town. :/

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Portrait-ception? Me playing as me, who is me playing as me in Eora.

#Wedontplaygameswhenplayinggames

q9eFobk.jpg

Jokes aside - two topics:

- For those of you who backed at a level where you have contributed to some form of content in-game, care to share what it is? Is it as you expected?

- and/or for anyone, do you like to roleplay (non-sexual guyz), outside of games in real life? Who has Deadfire content outside of the actual game (wallpapers, soundtrack on the way to school/work etc).

:dragon::bat::skull:

I'll buy your keyboard for $10.00

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yeah, that's the one. Glad you like it! I'm very fond of it too. :)

It's a very cool item. Which item did you create in PoE if you don't mind me asking.

Thank you!

The item in PoE1 is called Jêna's lance. It's a pike. It can be found in a store in the first town you enter in the game, where you hook up with Aloth. Been so long now that I can't even remember the name of the town. :/

Guilded Vale I think? It's been a while. Do plan on doing a playthrough of it soon tho lol

• Like 1