Hello all! 

First: - Sorry for my english. (it's not native language)

Second - I think level-cap very low.

Thirdly - it's just my opinion ♥ 

In my journal >12 quests, not complete: Main story, Vailian Trading Company, Principi, Huana, Royal Deadfire Company - questline, and minor quest's (this game is huge @_@), but my level 20...it's very sad.

I tend to do everything else before touching the main quest.

Maybe 20lvl - this hard ballance concept i don't know :/

It's just my fantasies ~ maybe next big path we get higher level cap?

Yes - next DLC can increase level-cap, but, would be great add 2+ lvl now, because - lost interest  doing side quests and get move forward, looks like - game stop you .

Maybe keep excess XP for next DLC

UPD:

-Player reaches 20-lvl and NPC get more stronger?)

(game very easy) it's truly

-Will be great add opportunity to change some hair style/color and etc for main character - like mirror in Lady Vengeance (DOS2)

Yo Ho Ho! o/ 

Edited by White.Kelevra

I get that people are used to level 99 or higher. I'm playing Hyrule Warriors on Switch, and those characters go all the way up to level 255. Which isn't much compared to Disgaea, where you can get an insane level 9999, then "reboot" the character from level 1 and start over. So yeah, the level cap here is kinda low in comparison.

But that said, I actually prefer a low level cap. In Hyrule Warriors, i went from level 1 to level 25 in just a few hours. Then I spent some rupees to level up a few other characters to level 15 or so. It makes them stronger, but it also makes the levels meaningless. Here, in PoE2, every level is a significant boost to your character. It might not seem like it, as you sometimes only get more hitpoints, a bit more strength and so on. But if you have 100 hitpoints in total, adding another 10 is pretty significant, even if the number is low. (These aren't actual numbers, only meant as an example.) But you often get more spells, or higher level spells. So when you do gain a level, it's going to help you quite a lot.

So would you rather have 100 levels, and gain something every 10 levels? Or is 10 levels enough, if you gain something every single time you gain a level? Assuming it takes just as long to get to max level either way, of course. I would rather have 10 levels that mean something, than 100 levels that feels pointless. :-)

In POE they increased the level cap when they added the first expansion pack. I hope they do the same thing with POE2.

• Like 3

I said "Don't look Ethel!"  But it was too late, she'd already looked.

Higher levels for the sake of just keeping the leveling going is not a good idea. The system works fine the way it is now. Personally I like hitting the level cap and still having things to do so I can have some fun with my high level abilities.

• Like 3

Higher levels for the sake of just keeping the leveling going is not a good idea. The system works fine the way it is now. Personally I like hitting the level cap and still having things to do so I can have some fun with my high level abilities.

+1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not just keeping. 
Ok. Now game it's to easy.
I use auto attack and sometimes heal spell's (path of the damned) NPC die fast and not be a threat.
+ a lot of not complete quest's and now, just lost interest doing side quests - 0 rewards ( Loot? Oh wait, i alredy kill npc - use only auto attack. Expirience - sorry, limit) 
I suggest increase max. level + boost NPC after player reach 20 lvl  :)

Not necessary create 100 level's or somthing like.
I believe, game still can played great if max. level will be 30 (yes, Obsidian must create new spell, or passive talat's)

too much experience - just gone.