Galawain's Boon Bug

ShaitanShura

Question

I think the blessing that Galawain gives you in the quest related to the giant coral in Sayuka is bugged. I sided with Galawain and flooded the temple initially, but then reloaded and wound up turning off the machine. However, I still seem to somehow have Galawain's blessing(an encounter in Boot-Suck Bog was bypassed when some hooded figures let me go without a fight b/c I had Galawain's blessing).

21 answers to this question

I'm having a similar problem, I haven't gotten the boon/blessing for siding with Galawain in the "Overgrowth" quest.

I noticed in the game files that Galawain should talk to you if you destroy/hide the pylon in the ruins.

Did you get any conversation with Galawain of this, if so when? After you turned in the quest? Before? After you completed "He Waits in Fire"? (Which I still haven't done yet)

Edited by TempMcGuy

Just a question, wouldn't you have Galawain's Boon/Blessing from PoE1 already,  which might also act as with the same results?

I sided with Galawain in POE 1, still haven't gotten anything for it. I went to Boot-Suck Bog, and the only way to avoid combat was with a diplomacy check

Edited by TempMcGuy
  • Like 1

Just a question, wouldn't you have Galawain's Boon/Blessing from PoE1 already,  which might also act as with the same results?I

I sided with Hylea. It could also be because I'm a godlike though that the people in Boot-suck Bog left me alone. Not sure.

I'm having a similar problem, I haven't gotten the boon/blessing for siding with Galawain in the "Overgrowth" quest.

I noticed in the game files that Galawain should talk to you if you destroy/hide the pylon in the ruins.

Did you get any conversation with Galawain of this, if so when? After you turned in the quest? Before? After you completed "He Waits in Fire"? (Which I still haven't done yet)

If you go to the machine to turn it off, Galawain should talk to you and try to persuade you out of it. After siding with Galawain though, I'm not quite sure what boon he even gives you. It doesn't seem to show up in the character sheet anywhere.

You also immediately bypass the encounter in Boot-Stuck bog if you happen to be playing as a Nature Godlike, as the guy recognizes you as being an aspect of Galawain. That could be what's causing your issue.

As for the skills, abilities and boons (etc) remaining even after reloading, it's already been noted that in many cases, you actually need to fully exit the game to cause a change. For example, if you start one playthrough with Aloth working to dismantle the Leaden Key, and then another with Aloth function as the new cult leader of the Leaden Key... If you switch between the two different games without exiting the game first, Aloth will maintain whichever dispositions he had in the game you loaded first (i.e. either Pro-Leaden Key, or Anti-Leaden Key).

Try exiting the game, then load the save from before getting the boon when you restart the game. That should clear it up. Probably not the answer you're looking for, but at least it works.

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

If you go to the machine to turn it off, Galawain should talk to you and try to persuade you out of it. After siding with Galawain though, I'm not quite sure what boon he even gives you. It doesn't seem to show up in the character sheet anywhere.

He's supposed to talk to you after you side with him in the quest and return to Sayuka.

Just search for "15_cv_galawain_post_dungeon_destruction.stringtable" in the game folder and open it with a text editor to see his dialogue.

Edit: Maybe this comes into play later in the main story.. A developer clarifying when Galawain should give you his blessing occurs would be welcome. (To see if its bugged or not).

Edited by TempMcGuy

Same problem here. I sided with Galawain but didn't receive his boon.

And when I entered Sayuka after destroying the place, I can't interact with NPCs and objects, not even open the menu. I was forced to restart the game and everything seemed fine this time.

I received the boon, from not busting up the machine, didn't notice anything specifically on the character sheet. 

However, when I found a dragon, and decided to stomp it in Fire Giant land, there was a bit before the fight talking about how Galawain was helping me in that fight.  Not certain what his help amounted to.

Greetings,

And thank you for taking the time to notify us about this :) A fix was implemented in patch 1.1. Should you have any additional questions let us know!

Cheers. 

I have path 1.1 now installed, but still don't see what Galawain's blessing is, even though the journal entry says "blessing that Galawain bestowed on me will no doubt prove beneficial." Could you give us a clue as to what this blessing is, or if it's still bugged?

Just a question, wouldn't you have Galawain's Boon/Blessing from PoE1 already,  which might also act as with the same results?

I sided with Galawain in POE 1, still haven't gotten anything for it. I went to Boot-Suck Bog, and the only way to avoid combat was with a diplomacy check

Only thing I noticed in game to come as a result of strengthening the souls of Dyrwood at the end of the first PoE was an additional talent/feat on Edér's character sheet which grants (iirc) +5 fortitude or will.

Didn't see anything granted to the main character though.

Galawain's Blessing is still bugged as of 1.20033.

Siding with him during Overgrowth still gives you nothing, and no dialogue resolution ever happens, either.

Only thing I noticed in game to come as a result of strengthening the souls of Dyrwood at the end of the first PoE was an additional talent/feat on Edér's character sheet which grants (iirc) +5 fortitude or will.

Didn't see anything granted to the main character though.

We are not referring to the import bonus here, but rather to Galawain's glitched dialogue that's supposed to trigger after completing the "Overgrowth" quest in Sayuka, in which he is meant to give you a blessing which no one knows what it does because the quest is glitched and completes before said dialogue triggers.

Edited by Loub
  • Like 1

We are not referring to the import bonus here, but rather to Galawain's glitched dialogue that's supposed to trigger after completing the "Overgrowth" quest in Sayuka, in which he is meant to give you a blessing which no one knows what it does because the quest is glitched and completes before said dialogue triggers.

Can anyone at Obsidian please respond to this? Did you intentionally cut this or don't you care that this quest has been bugged for over 3 months? (I mean, it should be easy to fix right?)

Edited by TempMcGuy

might not be bugging anyone anymore, but I noticed I didn't actually get the stat boosts until I finished the quest. opening up the character page after the conversation with Galawain showed no 'savage cunning' after giving Okaya the bad news, there it was.

I agree and had a similar experience.  It also may have had to do with which of the convo options I chose with Gawain after getting to the surface.  I think I got it after the more subservient convo options, and didn't after the more snarky wheres-my-reward options, but I can't be sure.  I know I didn't see it at first, reloaded a save before exiting Cignath Mor, and then chose the more subservient convo options and seemed to get it.

I just played this quest on the latest patch (08/12/2020) and still did NOT get Galawain's boon, although I do get his talk after returning to ship where he says he will grant me "the eyes of the beasts". Also in the wiki it says I should get +2 perception and +1 survival, but nothing is there at all.

edit: nvm, it is working after delivery of the quest.

Edited by BRUNO NEVES OLIVEIRA