Druid for double lashes with FoD + Wildstrike.

Chanter for giving the party +35% lashes with Mith Fyr + Shared Flames.

Priest for getting +80% lash with Spiritual Weapons.

And so on... lots of options. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Druid for double lashes with FoD + Wildstrike.

Chanter for giving the party +35% lashes with Mith Fyr + Shared Flames.

Priest for getting +80% lash with Spiritual Weapons.

And so on... lots of options. :)

which one you think have the most fun to play according to your experience?

Paladin+Cipher and Paladin+Wizard are fun builds.

Soulblade gives a much needed raw burst to the paladin, along with various utility abilities.

Evoker gives a high empowered burst potential, even if it isn't as powerful as a pure wizard the evoker +1 Power Level along with the +2 Power Level gloves is more than enough to one hit devastate whole groups of enemies. Also while the paladin doesn't really need it, the wizard is full of instant defensive spells and it never hurts to have more defense. 

Fighter is a great class to have next to almost every single other class in the game. True it's mostly for the passive bonuses, the stances, the single best accuracy buff in the game and charge. With these your character will be a simple, but stronger paladin.

Chanters are way too strong right now, so it's not hard to build anything game breaking with them.

Edited by Owlbear

Paladin+Cipher and Paladin+Wizard are fun builds.

Soulblade gives a much needed raw burst to the paladin, along with various utility abilities.

Evoker gives a high empowered burst potential, even if it isn't as powerful as a pure wizard the evoker +1 Power Level along with the +2 Power Level gloves is more than enough to one hit devastate whole groups of enemies. Also while the paladin doesn't really need it, the wizard is full of instant defensive spells and it never hurts to have more defense. 

Fighter is a great class to have next to almost every single other class in the game. True it's mostly for the passive bonuses, the stances, the single best accuracy buff in the game and charge. With these your character will be a simple, but stronger paladin.

Chanters are way too strong right now, so it's not hard to build anything game breaking with them.

what do you think about a paladin/monk combo, would that be fun and powerful?

Any.

Paladin is good class with many abilities to choose from. For each playstyle you can find something to support it. Just pick second class and go for it.

The only exception is Ranger, since Ranger eats ability points for pet, if you ignore pet and just go for range, you use less all awesome defenses of Paladin. So that is a waste.

Personal preferencies: Chanter, Cipher, Monk. Infinite resource class are fun since you can use your favorite ability potencially as long as you want.

Wizards, Druid, Priest are interesting since they require minimal investment to get active ability to do something else than FoD.

Fighte,Rogue, barbarian each have some fun aspect. It is too hard to name just one.

If someone needs recommendation: Bleak Waker Fighter is most straighforward and safe pick.

Edited by evilcat

I beat the game as a Holy Slayer (Rogue/Paladin). Goldpacts are great for Gilded Enmity, so more defense, and Bleak Walkers are considered the best since their flames of devotion adds a debuff that rogues can utilize.

Paladins are great multi's for front line fighters, they're really good for beefing up a squishier class. A good hit of flames of devotion on something that meets sneak attack bonus can deal as much damage as finishing blows.

After the initial batch of skills I focused on their passives, which again, are really good for a class that focuses on damage dealing.

Paladin + Chanter = infinite resources, can make yourself perma immortal with right subclasses, op and broken af

Paladin + Fighter = extremely high defenses from both passives and actives, amazing tank

Paladin + Barbarian = fast, strong, tough, a balanced and powerful melee character in all respects

Paladin + Rogue = usually Bleak Walker + Assassin, crazy damage from stealth

Paladin's cheap FoD and great defensive talents make it great for any melee character really.

With Sworn Rival and Virtuous Triumph you just need a class that can make sure you get your kills more often than not. With the Soul Annihilation of Soulblade it's easy to secure kills, but then again fighter with charge and cleave is also great. I'd prefer the Cipher because it gives extra penetration and a raw burst against fire immune or heavily armored enemies. 

My only problem is that with full attacks the game pretty much tries to force you to dualwield weapons for better results. I'd rather build a paladin with a greatsword, sword and shield or even with a single weapon, but none of these come to close to the potential of the two weapon style.

With Sworn Rival and Virtuous Triumph you just need a class that can make sure you get your kills more often than not. With the Soul Annihilation of Soulblade it's easy to secure kills, but then again fighter with charge and cleave is also great. I'd prefer the Cipher because it gives extra penetration and a raw burst against fire immune or heavily armored enemies. 

My only problem is that with full attacks the game pretty much tries to force you to dualwield weapons for better results. I'd rather build a paladin with a greatsword, sword and shield or even with a single weapon, but none of these come to close to the potential of the two weapon style.

yes, i also love to see a paladin with a greatsword, dont know which build for this style.

Do you want burst or do you want sustained damage?

Soul Blade has that single burst of damage but you do give up quite a bit of flexibility and fun for that one moment of glory.

Chanter is great everywhere so you can't go wrong with that. Chances are you will pick up the plus burn damage chant along with FoD so you can either go the summon route or offensive spam route. Something with cold damage. Skald has +1 penalty to non-offensive invocations but I still suggest going the summon route because chanter summons are just that great. Besides, your summons can dps while you attack and aren't a dps loss overall unlike offensive invocations which probably won't outdamage your summons over time.

Edited by ppscurry

Soulblade isn't just about Soul Annihilation, it still has the cipher damage passives along with various cipher abilities, if nothing else then at least the charm/domination spells like Whisper of Treason which is one of the best, if not the best, 1st level abilities and Ring Leader is almost as useful as having your own summons imo. :)

I only used Pallegina as a Herald and it wasn't bad. I don't really have experience with chanters, so I don't really know anything else about them.

Summons can solo the game. With ancient skeletons, you can take on lower level red skulls if you position yourself and them correctly. Ancient weapons(PL7) can solo most bosses. Ogres can solo concelhaut at a low level if you give them time. There's really nothing a chanter's summons can't do.