I just tried it today, 2 point for minor missile lvl damage... or even worse because it only has one damage type.

Edit: so the wraith has 4-7 basic damage, 5 fixed projections right now(yes, PL doesn't increase projections). How could it suck so much :D

Edited by dunehunter

Hm. It used to be so nice in PoE. There it had very high DR bypass. Maybe it has higher PEN than Minor Missiles in Deadfire?

Yeah, it's a shame, considering that it used to be just about the best offensive power available to any paladin. It made Pallegina one of the best party members to have very nearly on its own.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The thing that annoyed me about it is that it is a long range attack but I built her to be my front line tank.  In every combat I would want her to start with 5 suns for the damage bonus to future attacks but that would mean she would stand still and cast it from afar while my melee dps characters would rush in and they would get engagement rather than her.  Eventually I gave her the leaping boots so she could leap in to combat and then use 5 suns but that only works 2 times / rest.  Not to mention a lot of targets are immune to burn and even if they aren't the fire damage is so small.  I'd rather just have a regular sworn enemy.

Well..... I've made my MC as a five sun paladin xD

8MnlDl3.png

How did you do that? I assume you used the console; what commands did you use? I've been using AddAbility to add a subclass, but it doesn't show up the way yours does.

I didn't use console ;) Just try it in this order: select multiclass -> Berath/Skaen priest -> Paladin, don't pick subclass. And you are good to go :p

8MnlDl3.png

How did you do that? I assume you used the console; what commands did you use? I've been using AddAbility to add a subclass, but it doesn't show up the way yours does.

I didn't use console ;) Just try it in this order: select multiclass -> Berath/Skaen priest -> Paladin, don't pick subclass. And you are good to go :p

giphy.gif

• Like 1

It's great for dealing with those curse pillars, as she casts it from outside the range. Since it's not technically in combat either, you can chaincast them (as 0 Zeal is used for casting outside of combat).

8MnlDl3.png

wow i had no idea this was a thing.

yeah its pretty bad...they should either increase the damage or maybe turn it into an aoe

i also REALLY miss the FOD passive that gave the group a speed buff

Having quick cast, high penetration range ability if you are melee have some merit.

It just need to have decent penetration and scale with PL.

Also 2 Zeal is to high for single target magic missiles.