Hey guys, 

So I decided I wanted to bring in one of my old characters into Deadfire. I wanted to try out the Marauder multiclass option, because I feel like that best fits his character build in the campaign where I usually play him (He's a Barbarian, but the extra crit damage and recovery time when flanked and bloodied sound really cool). I was hoping for some pointers as to stat allocation for a build like this, keeping in mind that I'd prefer not to have a 'dump stat' if it all possible. I was thinking something like... 

Human (Meadowfolk) 

Aedyr Background

Stats:

18 Might (17 + 1)

14 Constitution (14)

8 Dexterity

16 Perception

10 Intellect

11 Resolve (10 + 2)

Weapons: Not sure - Either dual wield sabers or saber and shield. 

What do you guys think? I'm not going for the best damage here, just a build that'll do reasonably high damage in both single target and AoE situations. Also, I'd love to hear from people who've played this sort of character through the game. How did it work out for you? What are some must-have skills to pick at each level? Are there any Barbarian multiclasses you would recommend over this one? 

Thank you, and have a wonderful day. 

Berserker/Street Fighter is my favorite melee build now. Honestly this is probably the only build that features two handed weapons that is not completely inferior to duel wield. 

This build is inspired by one of Nerd commando's youtube so you may want to check that out.

Might & Int: dump (both stats are useless. It's fine if you don't want to dump Might, but a high Int is detrimental to your party as berzerker)

DEX,PER,RES,CON: max

Key Abilities: Frenzy & finishing blow

Key Items:

Bloody Link (ft. deadlight merchant)

Unique Poleaxe (Old city) 

The idea is to stack bonus when 'bloodied':

Blood link bonus, Human race bonus, barb bloodied bonus etc.

In terms of style you want to get flanked and get bloodied, then you become a real fighting monster.

I actually run slightly lower resolve, and punch constitution up on my streetfighter builds. The reasoning is this, we want to encourage the AI to target us, to cause the flanking. Lower resolve helps this. We want to float safely at 50% hp as much as possible as well, so con helps do this.

My MC right now is a skald/streetfighter, and im wearing as much +HP/Con gear as possible, and at level 7 I have 180 hp. Gives a nice cushion to sit in or around that sweet spot.

I'd also not pump might. I'd pump dex instead. You're getting a bunch of damage boosts already from Barb/Streetfighter, that might damage is being reduced, whereas dex will just give you raw attack speed/recovery.

Edited by Mercbeast

Might & Int: dump (both stats are useless. It's fine if you don't want to dump Might, but a high Int is detrimental to your party as berzerker)

DEX,PER,RES,CON: max

If you're in a party, the confusion affliction utterly trivial to remove. That's not a very good reason to dump it

Even if the party isn't capable of removing it, you could just easily remove it with drugs/potions/item.

Edited by PIP-Clownboy

Hey guys, 

So I decided I wanted to bring in one of my old characters into Deadfire. I wanted to try out the Marauder multiclass option, because I feel like that best fits his character build in the campaign where I usually play him (He's a Barbarian, but the extra crit damage and recovery time when flanked and bloodied sound really cool). I was hoping for some pointers as to stat allocation for a build like this, keeping in mind that I'd prefer not to have a 'dump stat' if it all possible. I was thinking something like... 

Human (Meadowfolk) 

Aedyr Background

Stats:

18 Might (17 + 1)

14 Constitution (14)

8 Dexterity

16 Perception

10 Intellect

11 Resolve (10 + 2)

What do you guys think? I'm not going for the best damage here, just a build that'll do reasonably high damage in both single target and AoE situations. Also, I'd love to hear from people who've played this sort of character through the game. How did it work out for you? What are some must-have skills to pick at each level? Are there any Barbarian multiclasses you would recommend over this one? 

Consider Berserker Helwalker. The play style will likely be very similar but I think you will ultimately get far more out of Helwalker than you will from Streetfighter.

This is my character with all attribute buffing equipment removed and no buffs from other party members. First pic is before a fight, second pic is during with 10 Wounds stacked (which doesn't take long as the idea is to hardly spend them), Turning Wheel (modal), Frenzy, Swift Flurry and Enlightened Agony active.

Before

During

That's +10 Might from Helwalker (Wounds), +5 Might from Frenzy, +5 Con from Frenzy, +5 Dex from Flurry, +10 Int from Turning Wheel, +2 Armour and + 2 Pen from Berserker's Frenzy Bonus and 50% Burn Damage added to melee weapons from Turning Wheel (though I think this last one is bugged, doesn't seem to get added for me).

Confusion from Berserker's Frenzy gets immediately wiped by Enlightened Agony, although the lower version Clarity of Agony will also do the same thing. You won't get the +5 Int from Enlightened Agony even if you activate it twice, because it gets suppressed by the +10 from Turning Wheel.

Switching the Turning Wheel modal to Iron Wheel is not really worth considering, as the Armour bonus (which is like 2.5 when you have max wounds) doesn't stack with the +2 you already get from Berserker's Frenzy bonus. You would suppress the +5 Con from Frenzy and upgrade to +10 Con from Iron Wheel, but you sacrifice the +10 Int & 50% Burn Damage (if it worked) from Turning Wheel.

Turning Wheel's Int buff is far more valuable because the Int bonus keeps Frenzy and Flurry going 50% longer than they otherwise would, you get a huge Will buff and presumably it extends the Carnage area significantly, though that's hard to confirm.

Hey guys, 

Human (Meadowfolk) 

Aedyr Background

Stats:

18 Might (17 + 1)

14 Constitution (14)

8 Dexterity

16 Perception

10 Intellect

11 Resolve (10 + 2)

Consider Berserker Helwalker. The play style will likely be very similar but I think you will ultimately get far more out of Helwalker than you will from Streetfighter.

This is my character with all attribute buffing equipment removed and no buffs from other party members. First pic is before a fight, second pic is during with 10 Wounds stacked (which doesn't take long as the idea is to hardly spend them), Turning Wheel (modal), Frenzy, Swift Flurry and Enlightened Agony active.

Before

During

That's +10 Might from Helwalker (Wounds), +5 Might from Frenzy, +5 Con from Frenzy, +5 Dex from Flurry, +10 Int from Turning Wheel, +2 Armour and + 2 Pen from Berserker's Frenzy Bonus and 50% Burn Damage added to melee weapons from Turning Wheel (though I think this last one is bugged, doesn't seem to get added for me).

Confusion from Berserker's Frenzy gets immediately wiped by Enlightened Agony, although the lower version Clarity of Agony will also do the same thing. You won't get the +5 Int from Enlightened Agony even if you activate it twice, because it gets suppressed by the +10 from Turning Wheel.

Switching the Turning Wheel modal to Iron Wheel is not really worth considering, as the Armour bonus (which is like 2.5 when you have max wounds) doesn't stack with the +2 you already get from Berserker's Frenzy bonus. You would suppress the +5 Con from Frenzy and upgrade to +10 Con from Iron Wheel, but you sacrifice the +10 Int & 50% Burn Damage (if it worked) from Turning Wheel.

Turning Wheel's Int buff is far more valuable because the Int bonus keeps Frenzy and Flurry going 50% longer than they otherwise would, you get a huge Will buff and presumably it extends the Carnage area significantly, though that's hard to confirm.

Ooh, that looks REALLY nice. Is Fire Godlike necessary for this, or could I play with another race if I wanted? Also, what do you use for weapons?

Edited by Cyrus_Blackfeather