If you want to keep all the caster potential but get some mobility, single class wizard can be good enough.

Fleet feet/deleterious alacrity

Dimensional Shift

Items:

The great escapist

Leap

Queen's rule (optional)

Other items with mobility abilities

So you would have swift or nimble permanently on, two dimensional shifts per encounter, one escape per encounter, and two leaps and one swap per rest.

Just writing this makes me want to try it on Aloth!

Autocast a few zero recovery defensive buffs+alacrity, run in melee range, use an aoe aura/cone nuke, Dimensional Shift out replacing yourself by your tank and stunning everyone, then nuke from distance, escape out/leap out when engaged.

Should be tons of fun :)

• Like 1

If you want to keep all the caster potential but get some mobility, single class wizard can be good enough.

Fleet feet/deleterious alacrity

Dimensional Shift

Items:

The great escapist

Leap

Queen's rule (optional)

Other items with mobility abilities

So you would have swift or nimble permanently on, two dimensional shifts per encounter, one escape per encounter, and two leaps and one swap per rest.

Just writing this makes me want to try it on Aloth!

Autocast a few zero recovery defensive buffs+alacrity, run in melee range, use an aoe aura/cone nuke, Dimensional Shift out replacing yourself by your tank and stunning everyone, then nuke from distance, escape out/leap out when engaged.

Should be tons of fun :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you're looking for mobile fireballs (or meteor showers) this is the way to go. I would only multi-class if you're looking for a different feel / combat style.

I feel like you could do some really cool things with a cipher/ranger. Evasive fire allows you to reposition yourself and build up focus at the same time, so you can quickly reach the back ranks and have something potent ready to go. Ringleader and amplified wave are extremely powerful but relatively short range, so there's plenty of incentive to stay mobile and get up close. You also get to do some cool tricks with your pet, like getting the flanking bonus for beguiler or setting up a perfect ectopsychic echo.

I always thought Dimensional Shift with a Ghost Heart ranger pet could be fun. Since the pet doesn't trigger disengagement, you can run it out to an optimal location to catch the most enemies without getting whacked by every enemy along the way.