Recruit all companions achievement

Queeg

Question

Let me preface this by saying I haven't rolled 20s.

I recruited all 7 companions in my playthrough (with extra sidekick, too - though that doesn't matter, they have their own achievement). Nothing popped up.

I re-validated the Deadfire data and replayed the recruiting. Nothing.

Tried again and again with the same outcome - no Berath points.

I then freaking restarted the game from scratch and did a speedrun to get all companions. The achievement didn't pop either.

What gives? Does anyone else have this problem? Or even a workaround?

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

5 answers to this question

Greetings,

And thank you for bringing this issue to our attention :) We'll add this to our date-base for our Developers to investigate further.

Cheers.

I tried to install the game on another computer - used my save of the new game right before getting 7th companion. Still nothing. I didn't have the faintest idea what caused this, so I decided to reinstall the whole game for the 3rd time.

Deleted everything everywhere regarding PoE II (so everything in AppData and Saved Games folders plus I got rid of the sync file made by steam and deactivated sync), downloaded the whole 45GB+ package, started another new game and got the achievement. Finally.

Based on all this I have to think it might be a problem with Steam synchronization that was bugging my game. The case of installing the game on another computer and it still being broken has to mean either sync problem that the game uploaded to steam server and copied over different platforms, or my savegame files made on first platform were corrupted from the beginning for unknown reasons and synchronization just copied already faulty files.

Thank you for noticing either way, wish I could help more.

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

So it seems this was broken in 1.0.2 patch because before it rolled out people had no problems unlocking it.

It is still broken for me, neither Steam nor the in-game achievement screen acknowledge me having found all 7 companions. Opted in steam beta, too.

Greetings,

And thank you for bringing this issue to our attention :) We'll add this to our date-base for our Developers to investigate further.

Cheers.

I tried to install the game on another computer - used my save of the new game right before getting 7th companion. Still nothing. I didn't have the faintest idea what caused this, so I decided to reinstall the whole game for the 3rd time.

Deleted everything everywhere regarding PoE II (so everything in AppData and Saved Games folders plus I got rid of the sync file made by steam and deactivated sync), downloaded the whole 45GB+ package, started another new game and got the achievement. Finally.

Based on all this I have to think it might be a problem with Steam synchronization that was bugging my game. The case of installing the game on another computer and it still being broken has to mean either sync problem that the game uploaded to steam server and copied over different platforms, or my savegame files made on first platform were corrupted from the beginning for unknown reasons and synchronization just copied already faulty files.

Thank you for noticing either way, wish I could help more.

Hey Queeg,

I agree, it may be something with the our upload to the steam server, I noticed we have had some odd achievement interactions. 

I'm glad it got worked out for you in the end, and really the information helps so I appreciate it!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...