So i am looking to build a fury druid - probably built around lord daryn's voulge....

Does it make any sense to multi-class a fury due to how power level work?

I ilke the ideao f a tempest - fury-barbarian but i don't know if that makes no sense (i walso wouldnt know which barbarian sub class to take - maybe corpse eater since furys have no heals)

Alternatively a Fury-Chanter sounds also interesting...but again not sure if that makes any sense regarding power levels...

Does anyone know what happens if you meet both classes with a souldbound weapon - do you have to choose which one you want to bind to?

The power level lost from Multi is pretty minor and can be made up through various Races (Nature Godlike).  You'd have a fairly solid Melee when not in Shift, lots of good Druid Buffs.

Barbarian would work fine, I like Berserker, the benefits massively outweigh the penalties, and in situations where you're worried about not hurting your friends (confusion) don't Frenzy.

idk much about Chanters, but really, most combo's work wheter or not they are 'the best' combos.

Soulbound you pick which class you 'activate' for the weapon on binding.

Fury's attacks don't trigger Carnage.

But Freny, Bloodlust and Blood Thirst are surely nice for speed up casting.

What worked well was Bleak Walker/Fury. The attack jumps to an additional target and both get the lash damage. If you take Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay and Heart of the Storm (you may want to because they will add +1 PEN to your elemental spells which already get +1 PEN from Fury) your Bleak Walker's FoD attacks will have +3 PEN. I went for Wildstrike Freeze because then you have four damage types with FoD: corrode from Bleak Walker's additional lash, burn from FoD, shock from the Fury's weapon damage and freeze from Wildstrike.

Another option is to pick a ranger. Driving Flight works with the attack of Fury and gives you two jumps instead of one. Also Evasive Roll/Evasive Fire is nice with a Fury.

A Troubadour can add a minor lash to your weapon damage and faster attack speed other Fyr + Sure Handed Ila) at the same time and at lvl 19 he can give you unlimited spell uses with the phrase that restores resources.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Boeroer, the tooltip on Fury specifies the Penetration is for Druid Elemental Spells. So if the FURY Elemental Bonus is applying to other classes, like the Paladins FoD then it is definitely not intended.

Just loaded up my Fury / Wizard (trying different builds) to confirm that.

Druid Elements spells list the +1 Fury under Penetration. Wizard Elemental spells do NOT list the +1 Fury for Penetration. Of note is the fact that Druid spells have the Elements keyword, while Wizard spells do NOT.

WIZARD: Chain Lightning (Electricity, Evocation)

DRUID: Dancing Bolts (Elements, Electricity)

Clicked on Fury on the character sheet and it says ...

+20% Range with Druid Element Spells, +1 Penetration with Druid Elements spells.

Elemental druid spells gain increased range and penetration

(along with all the rest that it says).

So yeah, FoD should NOT be benefiting from Fury Druid.

Edited by KentDA

Fury's attacks don't trigger Carnage.

But Freny, Bloodlust and Blood Thirst are surely nice for speed up casting.

What worked well was Bleak Walker/Fury. The attack jumps to an additional target and both get the lash damage. If you take Scion of Flame, Spirit of Decay and Heart of the Storm (you may want to because they will add +1 PEN to your elemental spells which already get +1 PEN from Fury) your Bleak Walker's FoD attacks will have +3 PEN. I went for Wildstrike Freeze because then you have four damage types with FoD: corrode from Bleak Walker's additional lash, burn from FoD, shock from the Fury's weapon damage and freeze from Wildstrike.

Another option is to pick a ranger. Driving Flight works with the attack of Fury and gives you two jumps instead of one. Also Evasive Roll/Evasive Fire is nice with a Fury.

A Troubadour can add a minor lash to your weapon damage and faster attack speed other Fyr + Sure Handed Ila) at the same time and at lvl 19 he can give you unlimited spell uses with the phrase that restores resources.

I'm building myself an Universalist. I'm not sure if there's a difference. Should i shapeshift first and cast returning storm or before? Does it make a difference?

Boeroer, the tooltip on Fury specifies the Penetration is for Druid Elemental Spells. So if the FURY Elemental Bonus is applying to other classes, like the Paladins FoD then it is definitely not intended.

Just loaded up my Fury / Wizard (trying different builds) to confirm that.

Druid Elements spells list the +1 Fury under Penetration. Wizard Elemental spells do NOT list the +1 Fury for Penetration. Of note is the fact that Druid spells have the Elements keyword, while Wizard spells do NOT.

WIZARD: Chain Lightning (Electricity, Evocation)

DRUID: Dancing Bolts (Elements, Electricity)

Clicked on Fury on the character sheet and it says ...

+20% Range with Druid Element Spells, +1 Penetration with Druid Elements spells.

Elemental druid spells gain increased range and penetration

(along with all the rest that it says).

So yeah, FoD should NOT be benefiting from Fury Druid.

You got something wrong. Or maybe I explained it poorly. Again:

The +PEN of the Fury only works for the druidic elemental spells, correct. But Scion of Flame and so on stack with that PEN bonus - so your druidic elemental spells *can* have a +2 PEN bonus.

The ranged attack of the Fury is shock based, it gets +1 PEN from Heart of the Storm. Bleak Walker's FoD is keyworded with decay + burn and gets +1 PEN from Scion of Flame AND +1 PEN from Spirit of Decay.

So all your elemental spells with burn/shock/decay keyword will have +2 PEN and your FoD (not Eternal Devotion or Shared Flames) will have +3 PEN.

The Fury bonus does nothing for FoD - but since Fury's bonus and Scion of Flame etc. do stack you might want to take some of those passives in order to stack PEN on your spells and give your ranged shocking auto-attack +1 PEN as well. And if you do FoD will also profit from Scion oF/Spirit oD/Heart otS.

This I did try and test myself and it works. Makes a decent combo. Also because you can use Lay on Hands and Exhalted Endurance to circumvent the fact that Furies can't use Rejuvenation spells.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's a bloody mess because of how the various parts go together.

Keywords is what makes it messy of course.

Elements and Fire are completely different for purposes of Talents.

And yes, the wording was awkward. But that happens in any game with multi-class options. It's like explaining how FEATS in dnd 5e work. It's Not Simple.

Intelligent Keywords make it simpler...  having issues like Spell Resistance, and Spell Resistance which act differently (Read the description, some affect 'Hostile' Spells, if it doesn't mention that, then its all spells) make the system painful.