I was helping assassination all along?!

Ha! I was so tempted to choose that as my official answer to her, but I didn't want the cruel points. It would be nice if there was a bluff option. I like to unofficially choose conflicting disposition responses to screw with Atsura too. I might make a less morally strict character for my next play through and just really go crazy with dialogue chaos. Aloth won't be the only member of the party with multiple personalities.  :fdevil:

• Like 1

Maia made my spider sense go off the very first moment she opened her mouth. Not only does she admit to being a spy right off the bat, confirming the queen's warning, but she also presents a mutiny situation as her introductory dialogues. What honest person is going to make their first introduction a "Hey, so if your whole crew turned against you, how would you handle that...exactly...spare no details. Oh, btw, I'm a spy."

Heck no, bird whisperer, you can march your giant sneaky spy self back to the Brass Citadel.

Plus, she dogged on Kana. Kana was my Samwise Gamgee in PoE1. No one can dog that innocent flower of a scholar and be a good person. :verymad:

On a side note (and less rabidly angry one), is it possible to actually remove her from the ship/companions? I mean outside of death.

I'm replaying PoE 1 atm. I forgot how much I liked Kana until now. She can't dig on Kana. He was a nice guy, albeit funny when stealthing, lol.

• Like 4

Maia made my spider sense go off the very first moment she opened her mouth. Not only does she admit to being a spy right off the bat, confirming the queen's warning, but she also presents a mutiny situation as her introductory dialogues. What honest person is going to make their first introduction a "Hey, so if your whole crew turned against you, how would you handle that...exactly...spare no details. Oh, btw, I'm a spy."

Heck no, bird whisperer, you can march your giant sneaky spy self back to the Brass Citadel.

Plus, she dogged on Kana. Kana was my Samwise Gamgee in PoE1. No one can dog that innocent flower of a scholar and be a good person. :verymad:

On a side note (and less rabidly angry one), is it possible to actually remove her from the ship/companions? I mean outside of death.

My character simply chose the "cruel" option in the dialogue (lighting a fuse and jumping out of the ship). Feel free to try, Maia, you know what will happen. :bat:

I like how her response is "I didn't know that was an option". Xoti and Serafen also love it.

You don't receive enough Cruel points for it to register unless you've been choosing every Cruel opion before it.

• Like 3

My character simply chose the "cruel" option in the dialogue (lighting a fuse and jumping out of the ship). Feel free to try, Maia, you know what will happen. :bat:

I like how her response is "I didn't know that was an option". Xoti and Serafen also love it.

You don't receive enough Cruel points for it to register unless you've been choosing every Cruel opion before it.

They think it's a joke. It would be fun to have some crazy events like this in the game. You'd lose your ship and crew and be rescued by someone, going back to Neketaka to buy a new ship and recruit more people for your crew. :p

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Here's a terrible question: do you still recieve Three Bells Through if you deliberately sabatoge the quest to keep the victims alive?

Oh, the item?  (I had to google)

I'm completely guessing, but I think so.  The game never makes an option to tell her, "Oh, yeah, I ****ed this up on purpose."  So I think so long as you complete the quest, you get it.  Even if you horribly messed up the quest (on purpose) in the process.

• Like 1

Here's a terrible question: do you still recieve Three Bells Through if you deliberately sabatoge the quest to keep the victims alive?

Oh, the item?  (I had to google)

I'm completely guessing, but I think so.  The game never makes an option to tell her, "Oh, yeah, I ****ed this up on purpose."  So I think so long as you complete the quest, you get it.  Even if you horribly messed up the quest (on purpose) in the process.

Thank you.  I'm seriously debating with this quest (even though at the moment I'm still working through the first game).  On the one hand, the results are awful (especially if you're like me and want to help the Huana resist Rauatai imperialism), so deliberately botching it is an attractive option, but I also want to build a positive relationship with Maia (I want to build a positive relationship with all my companions and sidekicks), and I can imagine no faster way to alienate her than by deliberately sabotaging her companion quest (apart from, you know, being a completely horrible person and sacrificing Kana to Skaen in the first game).  Plus, sabotaging the quest seems real metagamey: you, the player, know the end results, but the Watcher won't because Maia and Atsura are deliberately keeping them in the dark about it.

• Like 1

Plus, sabotaging the quest seems real metagamey: you, the player, know the end results, but the Watcher won't because Maia and Atsura are deliberately keeping them in the dark about it.

The very fact that Atsura and Maia are being so evasive, plus the fact that Atsura seems super creepy and not at all trustworthy, is enough of a red flag for me to justify my Watchers going "Uh, no way," and just ignoring the quest.

• Like 1

I agree it's extremely tempting to metagame Maia's quest, but I think it's unfair to state that the Watcher would be unable to smell manipulation of their level. It would be entirely dependent on the Watcher. For instance a cipher, high intellect, high perception, or shady Watcher would most likely be able to pick up on the dissonance in Atsura's behavior and have a healthier level of skepticism regarding Maia's mission. Heck, a shady Watcher would probably be breaking the seals on those missives the moment they're out of eyesight of Maia. 

However, a pure honest or benevolent Watcher may be taken in MUCH easier, which is a legitimate weakness of those personality types.

Edited by Epixia
  • Like 3

I think it's extra hard not to call it meta gaming if your character or you yourself aren't comfortable with being awful (for lack of a better word).  There's not really a nice option to sabotage the two missions.  Which sounds kind of obvious when I say it, but still.  I'm used to quests where there's a benevolent "right" way to do a lot of things.

That said, as the previous two have mentioned, a more wary or suspicious or savvy Watcher would definitely pick up on this, I think.  Even I thought Maia was acting weird and something was going on, before I knew what was going on, and I tend to be very trusting/helpful to companions in RPG's.  I just assumed that there would be a way for my Watcher to guide Maia down a better/nicer path and/or get them to talk about it the nice way.  Game had me fooled.

• Like 2

Well, my first character was a Mercenary. So, whatever, people get paid to kill, protect, assassinate, hunt and so on. Is just another job anyway. 
If your character was a kind wayfarer and a Eothas priest, i guess things would sure get a little complicated.

My actual character is an Scholar, and dude, he sure will agree with the research of adra pillars and so on.

• Like 1

Well, my first character was a Mercenary. So, whatever, people get paid to kill, protect, assassinate, hunt and so on. Is just another job anyway. 

If your character was a kind wayfarer and a Eothas priest, i guess things would sure get a little complicated.

My actual character is an Scholar, and dude, he sure will agree with the research of adra pillars and so on.

My character is an assassin, but also has the clever disposition. So I questioned the assassinations when talking with Maia and Atsura just for fun and they didn't call me on that even once. So either my character is hiding her profession really well or they are afraid to acknowledge me. :lol:

• Like 2

sign.jpg

To be fair, the crew of The Defiant / Companions of the Watcher probably aren't fainting over the idea of killing, depending on the circumstances, and there are more than a few potential murderers aboard the ship. Though, it would be extremely interesting if sacrificing a party member to Skaen resulted in a mutiny event. 

Which reminds me, I really liked how Wael can note the Watcher "reaps on a smaller scale" during one of the god roundtable sessions. I'd say he has most Watchers pegged with that particular observation.

• Like 3

To be fair, the crew of The Defiant / Companions of the Watcher probably aren't fainting over the idea of killing, depending on the circumstances, and there are more than a few potential murderers aboard the ship.

That's true. Especially if Giordu Red-Handed is your cook. If you are what you eat and you brought the meat from the temple of Tangaloa ruins, then who is gonna complain about murdering. lol

• Like 1

sign.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sorry about necro'ing the thread, but does anyone know the console command to set the outcome to "Tuaha has failed"?

The thing is that the assassination might end in success with 50% chance, even if the stalker is alive and well, and Tuaha leaves the map after the quest is completed, so I can't just travel to Port Maje before the end-game and attack her.