enemies wont die bug

kmansp

Question

I keep running in to scenarios where enemies won't die.  It is EXTREMELY frustrating, finishing some tough battles, and when all the enemies are dead but an NPC will be running around as if he's not dead and I can't leave combat.  I can't leave the area.  I can't rest.  This has been really bad since the release of the last patch.  It's happening more and more frequently, and I will have to reload and do the combat all over again.  

Edited by kmansp
  • Like 3

7 answers to this question

Hey all,

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest patch now that it is live?

Please let me know! And it would help to attach a savegame where the issue is present, so if you could provide those that would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I had this problem on an island at the northwest or the world map, at a bog some huana came with trolls and the leader wouldn't die and two of my chars got stuck =3

chiming in.  this bug is a major irritation with the current 1.02 version.

also?  I remember this EXACT same bug from the release version of PoE 1 as well.  took 4 patches to finally get rid of it.

but you'd THINK they would have recalled what caused it and maybe... NOT repeat the same mistake?

go figure.

FWIW, I think the death check script is being bypassed by repeated hidden error messages that build up over time.  I usually can get the combats to go correctly if I exit the game completely and restart.

usually.

Hi! I've been having this issue fairly consistently recently- it's not any specific fight, I'll get to killin' folks and after everything's dead there's a single enemy that is running around, untargetable, invincible, hitting me, and the fight wont end. this makes it difficult to get a save while it's happening since you can't save during combat ,and can't exit an area during combat. this save is right before a battle where the problem occurred. i usually let everything run on auto except empowering ancient weapon summon on my chanter. 

because the issue is RECENT i think it must either be patch related, or some high level ability or piece of equipment/upgraded acquired recently. 

uhhh question: how do i attach a save? i found the save file. 

Hi! I've been having this issue fairly consistently recently- it's not any specific fight, I'll get to killin' folks and after everything's dead there's a single enemy that is running around, untargetable, invincible, hitting me, and the fight wont end. this makes it difficult to get a save while it's happening since you can't save during combat ,and can't exit an area during combat. this save is right before a battle where the problem occurred. i usually let everything run on auto except empowering ancient weapon summon on my chanter. 

because the issue is RECENT i think it must either be patch related, or some high level ability or piece of equipment/upgraded acquired recently. 

uhhh question: how do i attach a save? i found the save file. 

Upload on dropbox, zippyshare, Mega or where you prefer and post the link

Edited by kilay