[Bug?] Crew positions on ship not always registering.

Seidhe

Question

So I've ran into this a couple times now, and seems to consistently keep happening whenever I'm in this particular situation. 

Whenever I enter into a storm, a random crew member will always comment on "If only we had Boatswain." And proceeds to tell me how those are the best to have during a storm. At first this would make sense, as I only had the initial ship you start with, and there's no position on there for a Boatswain. But I've since upgraded to the galleon, and have Birta the orge in the Boatswain position. She has two stars in that particular skill, and I still get the comments that I don't have a Boatswain when I enter storms. There's also no special dialog option for one during storms (if there's supposed to be.)

The second issue I've noticed is having injured crew in the resting bay that won't always register. 

For example: I had 3 injured crew members after a ship fight yesterday. I've had a surgeon in place since the start, and so I stick the 3 injured crew members into the resting slots. As I'm sailing around it'll show 3 injured on the world map meter. But over time it'll go back to 0, which I know to be incorrect since they all had over a weeks worth of healing needed, and not that much time has passed. Checking in on them in the resting bay will show me that they're all still injured (although patched up somewhat.) Oddly enough, switching around their positions in the resting bay seems to fix this. They'll reappear on the injured meter on the world map and eventually get healed. 

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I read this issue with certain positions not registering in some other places, and I think it might have to do with certain crew members not being Kith. So Birta, being an Ogre, wouldn't register properly. Same with Worthless Idiot the Imp, Big Mouth the Vithrack surgeon (had someone mention that they didn't register in an event where a surgeon was relevant), and Mother Sharp Rock the Xaurip.

I have Birta as Helmsman on my Junk, and when adressing her on-Deck, she just says "Shouldn't you have someone at the wheel?". Why yes Birta, I should, and I think I do have someone there, namely you. 

Maybe the issue with the surgeon is the same? Whom do you have in that position?

As a side note, your Birta has points in Boatswain? Mine just has cook and helmsman. Does this vary?

I hope it is just an oversight or a bug, and hope it will be fixed, as it would really make using the non-kith crew members useless.

Edited by Jazhara7
  • Like 1

I am proud to say that in our graduation yearbook, I was voted to be the most likely of my class to Communicate with Cows.

Did you know if you made a slingshot completely fashioned out of badgers and shot a peanut into outer space you could blow up the sun?

Thanks for the reply!

That's interesting what you said about Birta. In my game she has points in Boatswain, Helmsman, and Cook. Maybe it's bugged that she has Boatswain? And the injury issue seems to apply to both kith and non-kith crew members. 

And Shieldsister Daelia is my surgeon, a wood elf. 

Worthless Idiot appears to be just that.  I notice that not only does the game NOT recognize him as being in any position you put him in on your boat, he gains no experience.  at all.

no wonder the townsfolk looked at me askance for taking him on my crew.  I thought they were just Imp-Phobic :p