Need to revise Constitution and Resolve attributes

I'd like to discuss about the current attribute system, because the system is a little unbalanced, especially in the case of Constitution and Resolve.

Generally, Offensive/Active stats are considered as being more attractive, because those stats are effective for every characters; either Damage Dealer or Tanker. For example, Might is very effective, may be OP, for every characters, even if for Tanker, since the character even may attack nearby enemies via Disengagement Attack. 

On the other hand, Defensive/Passive stats seems a bit less valuable, because those stats do not affect until the character who got the stats is attacked by enemies; the defensive stats even need to be valid against the attacker's attack type! Deflection is only against physical melee/ranged attack, Fortitude is only against internal physical systems like Disease, Poison, etc., and so on.

Every Attributes, except the two, have at least more than one offensive and defensive stats, respectively. The two Attributes, thus, need to be revised indeed, by either adding a new offensive stat or intercepting some stat from the other Attribute(s). In my opinion, reducing recovery penalty from armor might be a good option for Constitution, I have no idea for Resolve yet though.

Any comments and suggestions would really be welcome! 

There was experiment in beta and they moved healing and ability damage (be it every ability not using weapon attack as default) to resolve. I liked it personally, it seemed like most people hated it.

Con and res certainly seem like the least appealing attributes, or at least ones which weaknesses can be fairly easily made up for.

I dumpstered both Con and Res in PoE 1. No different in PoE 2. The reason why defensive stat will never be that great in this type of game is because dead enemies can't deal damage and the bosses will never be designed to work in JRPG fashion where you have a minimal health requirement to not be BSgipped by some giant unavoidable AoE.

THey need to make attacking skills that scale with your own defense and health for those attribute to really be useful outside roleplay purpose.

Dunno, guys. I find RES rather desirable in Deadfire—much more so than in the first game. At the very least, I have no desire to dump it.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Dunno, guys. I find RES rather desirable in Deadfire—much more so than in the first game. At the very least, I have no desire to dump it.

Yeah, I agree. The increased Afflication duration kinda hurts. Though I guess I could play around it with judicious buffs and Suppress Affliction... But I do kinda despise buff-centric characters and play. So I guess that's on me. 

Anyway, my recommendation would just be to increase the bonuses if you feel they're not valuable enough. Such a mod should be easy to make from what Josh has said.