Principi sen Patrena : remove both leaders

Try killing them both ways and also try siding with another faction after killing them.

I tried it all those ways - no dice. :getlost: In fact, once I got an ending slide that claimed Ferrante was still alive. Darn it.

The problem may be that I never got a chance to initiate combat with Ferrente via dialogue after he gave me the ghost ship quest; I had to just attack him on my own. But the game did acknowledge that he was dead in a later conversation, so... I dunno. I guess in my next game, I'll just give up on the ghost ship, kill them both whenever the dialogue gives me a chance and see what happens.

Edited by Tarlonniel

I want to take control of the Principi myself. Is that possible? I don't mind if Pim is also in charge, he seemed fairly level-headed. And Falanroed is my buddy, she can rule with me.

I want to take control of the Principi myself. Is that possible? I don't mind if Pim is also in charge, he seemed fairly level-headed. And Falanroed is my buddy, she can rule with me.

I noticed there were options to both Furrante and Aeldys about asking if you could take the third chair after killing Benweth. I didn't select those options, so I'm not sure if you can take that position and work your way up. 

Taking control of the Principi does sound promising, though. My character also happens to have the Old Valilia background.  :-

Well whaddya know - I killed Aeldys early in the game and Furrante had vanished from Dunnage when I returned to take him out. But One-Eyed Pim just showed up to the conclave at the palace after Ashen Maw. Very interesting.

Unfortunately, I also seem to have borked the VTC quest chain. Ah well!

Edit: Didn't get the Pim ending, though, I got the Furrante one.

Edited by Tarlonniel

killed furante and aeldys using the sword button thing in the interface. got pim going to the palace instead of them both. ending slides are nothing about pirates as i picked rdc. rdc blew all the pirates up so 0 slides for pirate

Hmm, perhaps only works if you side with the pirates then, or nobody.

I was hoping to take over the Principi but it never came up. Instead I killed Aeldys when she started getting sassy about telling me how to summon the Hangman, went back to Dunnage and killed Furrante, then used the Floating Hangman to go to Ukaizo alone.

The Aeldys Principi ending actually seems like one of the most interesting ones.

I was hoping to take over the Principi but it never came up. Instead I killed Aeldys when she started getting sassy about telling me how to summon the Hangman, went back to Dunnage and killed Furrante, then used the Floating Hangman to go to Ukaizo alone.

The Aeldys Principi ending actually seems like one of the most interesting ones.

So if you do this does it count the same as the factionless ending?

I don't know, i liked Aeldys.

Bit of a nutter, but hey, who isn't?

everyone in the Deadfire is kind of a piece of crap. Aeldys is at least against slavery.

Yeah I was about to make a subject about this, and probably will anyway, cause I finally got around to the ending faction choices.

When Aeldys, the "do what I want, when I want" bloodthirsty pirate, is the moral high ground candidate out of all the end game leader choices something has gone seriously wrong.

Yeah I was about to make a subject about this, and probably will anyway, cause I finally got around to the ending faction choices.

When Aeldys, the "do what I want, when I want" bloodthirsty pirate, is the moral high ground candidate out of all the end game leader choices something has gone seriously wrong.

I mean, Pim's only major deficiency is his own lack of ambition. 

Given the company he keeps, it's probably why he's still alive, too. 

• Like 2

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

I got the Pim ending where the Principi become a transit company by siding with the Huana and killing both Furrante and Aeldys. I spared Benweth so that Aeldys was imprisoned in Dunnage, killed Furrante and his captains when he asked me to interrogate Aeldys and then set her free. I then manually attacked her (which also turned Mad Morena hostile, but not Pim) and killed the two of them, leaving only Pim alive who was still neutral. This ended the Principi questline for me, but since I was siding with the Huana it all worked out.

According to https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_endings it looks like that's only a possibility with the Huana claiming Ukaizo.

• Like 4

So if you do this does it count the same as the factionless ending?

Yes

I ended the pirate presence in Deadfire on my first (and thus blind) run with minimal bloodshed. Told Aeldys Furrante was plotting against her, got the task to bring him down. Had stolen papers, shmoozed with some people for support earlier without actually knowing why am I doing it, voila, Furrante walks the plank. :biggrin:  Got the Flying Dutchman, did not bring it to Aeldys, sided with the Queen instead. Aeldys chased me to Ukaizo and decided she could bring our party down. Got the ending with Principi scattered and soon forgotten.