[bug] Screen Freeze in Fort Deadlight

warhaven

Question

Hiho,

As the title says.  There's a specific spot, just in front of the door to the forge, that if my camera happens to pan over it, causes the screen to freeze.  You still have audio, and you can hear interactions with the game (UI, characters moving, etc.), but can't see any of it because of the frozen screen.  I've tried panning over the area with all graphics options disabled, but it still freezes.

It has even caused my PC to BSOD with a "video_scheduler_internal_error".

[edit]

Original video was corrupted during the recording of the bug and Google didn't know how to handle it.  Fixed the video and re-uploaded.

post-165088-0-57633200-1526709770_thumb.png

output_log.txt

Edited by warhaven

6 answers to this question

Just a workaround:  Avoid it.  :p  If you happened to exit the Forge door and immediately go into the screen freeze, you can still control your party.  Try and click on the door to head back into the Forge.  The screen will stay frozen, but if you quick-save after the transition and then reload the game, it'll start working again.  You'll just have to go the long way 'round via the bar or dungeon to get to the front of the keep.

Hi

Thx for the replies and help. Yeah I just ignored the spot /place and moved on. But never the less is it a bug. I do not know if it is only affecting a minority or if it happens for everyone but would be nice if it gets fixed. So again thx for your help and time. Not counting the bugs and infrequent crashes it is really a great game! 

Sure thing.  I'll have that for you sometime this afternoon.  Just need to head back to Fort Deadlight.

[addendum]

Sorry for the belated response, but it seems like the bug was fixed in the current beta build.  I was unable to get it to crash again as of version 1.0.2.0089 (1153)

Edited by warhaven