Xoti flirty no matter what: bug or feature?

I have no idea which forum to drop this in as I don't know if this is a bug, so hope it's cool if it goes here? 

So my Watcher is definitely not in a relationship with Xoti... least as far as I know. I romanced Aloth pretty dang early on and I've tried like hell to dodge all remotely flirtatious dialogue with her to avoid the Dragon Age Origins-esque "we're in love now right?" situation. Still, there's companion banter triggered where she's all like, "I always sleep well with the Watcher around, that's for sure!" (to Aloth so yeah, extra awkward). Her personal quest also had this unavoidable scene where she gets all flustered about my dude. 

Guess what I'm wondering is, is she supposed to be like this? Is Xoti just inherently crushing on your character? I could see that making sense, but rather be safe than sorry and run it by y'all. I'm unreasonably paranoid that some weird bug is gonna kick in to make it so she was my true love all along or something. You never know, man. You never know. 

• Like 2

I don't know, but she's definitely bugged somehow in my game. I turned her down and I was able to start a different romance later just fine, so I shouldn't have had a romance flag for Xoti, but she started sounding really annoyed when I clicked on her in battles despite being at +2 rep, and the ending slide I got for her was the one you're supposed to get if you romance her but dump her. 

I'm thinking there might be some form of DA:O style ninjamancing going on. 

• Like 1

I think she's bugged. She had a huge crush on my Watcher, and I kept rejecting her, because I was in relationship with Modwyr, but in the end I got the epilogue like I stole her virtue or something and then dumped her. What? Unless she did something with my Watcher's body while her soul was away chatting with the gods - nothing ever happened between them!

• Like 4

no she is bugged . I wanna romance her and she is going for Éder  :lol:

Also some dialogues are missing . So yeah , totally bugged . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yeah, I think Xoti is seriously bugged. Either that or she's dangerously needy when it comes to love. Apart from her apparently inexplicable crush on my Watcher (who, like myself, is not religious at all so I really don't see why she'd be attracted), she also wants to have a go at Eder, and when I tried to discourage her I found that I could choose to kiss her (which I didn't but which she obviously wouldn't object to, according to the writing) or even suggest "why not go for Maia instead," and she agreed like "yeah she's so pretty" - even though Maia hadn't joined at that point!

Adding that to her hysterical outburst only seconds after Pallegina joins the party (literally, before you even leave the VTC building), this character is looking more and more deranged. Which is a shame because I quite liked her (and her Southern drawl) when I first met her, but now I actively try to avoid taking her whenever I go, unless an area proves too difficult without a priest's healing.

Edited by GreenFire

I have a solution for that. Don't progress her quest in the Sacred Stair until you are locked in the romance with someone else. That way you shouldn't get weird epilogue. That is unless you are romancing Modwyr, then you're ninjamanced.

As for her lewd remarks, she still says them (sleeping well when Watcher's around) even if you are in romance with others. I just assumed it was her being her socially awkward self. You should be fine OP.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I have a solution for that. Don't progress her quest in the Sacred Stair until you are locked in the romance with someone else. That way you shouldn't get weird epilogue. That is unless you are romancing Modwyr, then you're ninjamanced.

What is considered a locked in romance anyway? In my game Maia expressed pity that I was "already so chummy with the fishboy" (so I guess I was locked in the romance with another character?), but Xoti was still blowing me kisses and acting like she had a crush on me. And all I ever did was hold her hand after a nightmare. She later switched to Maia, but I'm still on alert and expecting some bizarre epilogue slides.

Is this like Mass Effect all over again? Do I have to be openly rude to her to avoid this nonsence?

Funny, I had some bizarre ending slides for Xoti when I was intentionally romancing her that may be due to Eder having high reputation with her also. In one of my slides for her apparently I encouraged Eder and Xoti in a romantic relationship I was like wait what? And then immediately the next slide was the one that you get when you romance her and she remains your girlfriend. I do remember having a chat with Eder about his insecurities with Xoti but it didn't seem to be about romance to me so I encouraged his interaction with her although I did also discourage Xoti from trying to flirt with Eder when she asked the watcher for some advice.

Perhaps that counts as encouraging them in a relationship even though I end up locking into a relationship with Xoti afterwards as I progressed the story so it's still really hard to say whether its a bug or some weird feature where she can end up with more than one partner but the ending slides I got for her was interesting nonetheless.

Edited by democlaw

I know a player whose ending slides suggested that she took Xoti's virtue and dumped her, with Xoti somehow ending up with Maia AND becoming a sickle-swinging psycho at the same time. So there are definetely some bugs at work here.

What is considered a locked in romance anyway? In my game Maia expressed pity that I was "already so chummy with the fishboy" (so I guess I was locked in the romance with another character?), but Xoti was still blowing me kisses and acting like she had a crush on me. And all I ever did was hold her hand after a nightmare. She later switched to Maia, but I'm still on alert and expecting some bizarre epilogue slides.

Is this like Mass Effect all over again? Do I have to be openly rude to her to avoid this nonsence?

Yeah that sounds like you're stuck with the fish. Tekehu and Maia are both locked in their first conversations, Aloth in his second conversation, and Xoti is gated by her quest. I def know there is a point where she outright says she has feelings for the watcher (if you are not with anyone at that point), and there you can either tell her off or agree. 

If you are in romance with someone else she still acts in a flirty way, i.e. blows kisses, makes suggestions, but its just that - empty talk.

I think its just her character, as the OP posted - a feature. 

Funny, I had some bizarre ending slides for Xoti when I was intentionally romancing her that may be due to Eder having high reputation with her also. In one of my slides for her apparently I encouraged Eder and Xoti in a romantic relationship I was like wait what? And then immediately the next slide was the one that you get when you romance her and she remains your girlfriend. I do remember having a chat with Eder about his insecurities with Xoti but it didn't seem to be about romance to me so I encouraged his interaction with her although I did also discourage Xoti from trying to flirt with Eder when she asked the watcher for some advice.

Perhaps that counts as encouraging them in a relationship even though I end up locking into a relationship with Xoti afterwards as I progressed the story so it's still really hard to say whether its a bug or some weird feature where she can end up with more than one partner but the ending slides I got for her was interesting nonetheless.

Nah, they are friends in that epilogue. I got it too. When you start reading it seems like you pushed them into relationship, but actually it says they became good friends. Eder literally gets no love in this game, the poor guy.

What I don't understand is why that epilogue was necessary in the first place, because other companions didn't get their relationships between each other. For example Tekehu/Pallegina conflict, or Maia/Pallegina.

Xoti is the only one that gets two additional epilogues with other companions - friendship with Eder and relationship with Maia. I am kind of getting Liara/Leliana vibes here. If you are going to do something special for one character, do it for all others as well, or don't do at all. Its only fair. 

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

If you are in romance with someone else she still acts in a flirty way, i.e. blows kisses, makes suggestions, but its just that - empty talk.

I think its just her character, as the OP posted - a feature. 

I'm not sure. Being flirty and/or needy does look in character, but in my case she went from happily commenting about Eder being naked in the bathhouse, to blowing me a kiss to finally settling for Maia within a couple of hours. Feels a bit much.

• Like 1

Xoti says flirty crap to my Watcher, but I don't think I'm in a romance with her (at least I hope I'm not lol). But how do you even get into a romance with Aloth? I've never even had anything resembling a flirt option for him, all he ever gives me are pained looks.

As for her lewd remarks, she still says them (sleeping well when Watcher's around) even if you are in romance with others. I just assumed it was her being her socially awkward self. You should be fine OP.

Who the hel is Modwyr? ö

nvAeseu.png

Xoti says flirty crap to my Watcher, but I don't think I'm in a romance with her (at least I hope I'm not lol). But how do you even get into a romance with Aloth? I've never even had anything resembling a flirt option for him, all he ever gives me are pained looks.

Who the hel is Modwyr? ö

Aloth's romance doesn't trigger until +2 rep. I ended up using the mod to increase it from 1 to 2, and the conversation popped the next time I loaded into a map. 

Modwyr's the talking sword!

Aloth's romance doesn't trigger until +2 rep. I ended up using the mod to increase it from 1 to 2, and the conversation popped the next time I loaded into a map. 

Oh thanks haha. I suppose I'll save that for when I play someone who actually uses swords. As for Aloth, I might as well give up then since I apparently cannot get his approval over 0 even when avoiding all the fun convo options that cause him to groan. *weeps* The mind boggles as to how the OP got it to +2 early on *mouth hangs open in awe*

Edited by Slotharingia

nvAeseu.png

the dialogues are all bugged , xoti , pallegina and aloth ...etc . Dialogues firing too soon , dialogues missing as well .

hopefully it get fixed in the patch and be soon....

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Oh thanks haha. I suppose I'll save that for when I play someone who actually uses swords. As for Aloth, I might as well give up then since I apparently cannot get his approval over 0 even when avoiding all the fun convo options that cause him to groan. *weeps* The mind boggles as to how the OP got it to +2 early on *mouth hangs open in awe*

Sorry for an unbelievably late reply! But yeah, I think I just got pretty dang lucky, especially because I didn't get the frozen reputation bug. I did keep him in my party 100% of the time and my diplomacy is through the roof, so I guess he enjoys when the Watcher smooth-talks their way out of conflict. I do have to be dodgy in order to keep is rep at 2 though. I remember asking Xoti if she would ever stop gathering souls (I was just curious!) and he instantly plummeted to 1. I love him, but he sure is a grumpy little man. 

• 1 month later...

Have the same bug in 1.2. At ending slide I have information that I broke up with Xoti. But I clearaly said her NO for relations in first romance dialog! Please, fix it! This girl should be happy with out Watcher!