Ukaizo: Three missing skeletons

Apparently the gods decided at some point to give up their physical bodies. Therefore, they couldn't simply stop Eothas by punching him. Woedica points this out, with poorly concealed bitterness towards whomever came up with the idea.

At Ukaizo, surrounding the whatever-thing that is Eothas' ultimate destination, is a bunch of giant skeletons. But three alcoves are reportedly empty, and I can't figure out which gods didn't surrender their bodies there. One is of course Abydon, but the other two? Wael and Ondra too obsessed with secrecy to leave their bodies in the same place as the others? Rymrgand made his own bones wither much faster? Galawain handed his out as chew toys?

Losing sleep here!

Is it even certain that Abydon's skeleton isn't there? He rebuilt his body, after all!

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I assumed it's was Abydon, Woedica, and maybe Eothas. Although I only understand why Abydon is not there. I don't know at which point Magran"burnt" Woedica, but perhaps that meant she destroyed her body. Eothas is the third god who was killed, but it doesn't make sense that his skeleton is not there, because he was killed after the gods gave up their bodies. Unless someone like Thaos destroyed it somehow or the skeleton turned to ashes when Eothas was killed. However Abydon's skeleton is still out there. So I don't know, either a plot hole or a sign that the gods had more fights between them than we know.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't take note of how many alcoves there were in total.

However, note the following about Abydon. He built himself a new body in the White Forge. The skeleton at the abbey is only the remains of his first one.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'm guessing there used to be two more gods, who were killed ages past and removed from the annals of history.

...The eastern lands beyond the storms (potential third game location) only has one god they worship, yeah? Maybe we'll find a skeleton in the closet or two over there.

• Like 4

There are 11 alcoves, corresponding to the 11 gods.

3 of the alcoves are empty.

1 of those 3 is clearly Abydon.

That leaves 2 unknowns with 10 candidates.

Assuming it is Woedica who laments giving up her body, we can rule her out. That leaves 9 candidates.

Since Eothas possesses a statue rather than his own body, I would guess we can rule him out. That leaves 8 candidates.

Given Skaen's trickery, and the very prominence of a physical body in his worship (disfigurement as the effigy), my personal guess is that he is one of the 2.

Actually, I just realized

- Rymrgand's aurochs skeleton should have immediately been noticable..,if it even fit in an alcove.

- What form would Wael's skeleton take, or Ondra's?

- I seem to recall from the first game that Hylea does not take physical form, but clearly she is humanoid in the sequel

• Like 1

On that note, isn't it weird that gods have skeletons at all?

I remember there being graphic descriptions about Abydon's bones and guts in WM, and that they seemed to make clear that these physicalities seem to hold at least some of the import  that they do for mortals. But why?

I mean, you'd think that a ridiculously powerful soul-powered creature wouldn't require the same physical framework we do to stand upright.

- What form would Wael's skeleton take, or Ondra's?

This is an interesting point. Would Wael even have a skeleton to begin with? Dude's all about being a Lovecraftian totally-not-Tzeentch blob of weirdness.

Edited by Skazz

A note about the gods's appearances, Berath male/female duality and the Usher aspect are ancient, but The Pallid Knight aspect is only ~300 years old...

Back to the two "missing" bodies.

Going by the conversation, Ondra was the one to suggest that they leave their bodies behind after she "killed" Abydon. Hylea and Woedica complained about the "no body" thing. Eothas had to take over Waidwen and a statue. We can exclude these from the missing 2 I think. 

Rymrgand, per the lore, travels around the White that Wends as a huge aurochs that kills everything where he goes. After Deadfire, that sound very much like Eothas-status soul siphoning to me, which seems to have been how he sustained himself. He looks like a good candidate.

Wael would probably be the first to ditch its body because "mystery!". 

Magran doesn't seems to have hers, otherwise she would have used it instead of blowing up a volcano or suggesting to drain their children.

I'm not sure why Skaen would keep a gigantic body, makes it hard to be sleazy or a slave if you tower over everyone.

Galawain might have stashed his somewhere.

Berath is very tied to the Wheel and seems to prefer "normal sized". hmm, maybe one of the alcove was empty because we couldn't see the normal sized skeleton at the bottom?

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.