Just one conversation starting the romance? 

Because that's all I've gotten from him and nothing is happening beyond the conversation starting the relationship? There's not even romantic dialogue I can have with him and I'm kind of :(

I mean I got full on flirts from Mr GlowDick and his hilariously awkward tales of seduction, but with Aloth it's just....? 

• Like 2

Aloth's romance is much more low key than Sharkboy's. You have a possible flirt in the opening conversation and a kiss at +2 (or -2) disposition; after that it's slightly different dialogue on selection, a few banters and some lines on entering areas in the environment. Then a scene at endgame.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 1

Aloth's romance is much more low key than Sharkboy's. You have a possible flirt in the opening conversation and a kiss at +2 (or -2) disposition; after that it's slightly different dialogue on selection, a few banters and some lines on entering areas in the environment. Then a scene at endgame.

I haven't gotten any of the banters, just the kiss that I thought 'started' the romance...so that's 'it'?

I like how you described Tekehu. Now I can't unsee thanks  :grin:

• Like 6
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Yeah, you kind of skip all the build up of romance and just go straight to, "Okay, we're a couple now."

I've heard him comment on how he wants to take my girl to the bathhouse when everything is over, and how he enjoys their private time, and when Tekehu questions him, he remains pretty tight-lipped about their relations. But no further "love talks". He's kind of like "Old Owl Well" Casavir at this point. XD

Edited by Tamyn
  • Like 5

What opening conversation?

nvAeseu.png

I like how you described Tekehu. Now I can't unsee thanks  :grin:

He says so himself lmao 

Hey I can't be the only one who remembers Kana and Hiravias bantering about how Rauatai has "undersea orgies and shark races."

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

When you get him on the ship after Fort Maje and talk about the animancers there is an insight check with an option for you to say that you thought there was something between you and him. Pretty awkward as he's in denial about it.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Yeah, you kind of skip all the build up of romance and just go straight to, "Okay, we're a couple now."

I've heard him comment on how he wants to take my girl to the bathhouse when everything is over, and how he enjoys their private time, and when Tekehu questions him, he remains pretty tight-lipped about their relations. But no further "love talks". He's kind of like "Old Owl Well" Casavir at this point. XD

Yea, it's pretty much one conversation until the end of the game, just like most romances in POE2. Everything else are occasional romance flavored one liners from Aloth when travelling between areas and banter between companions with them asking for details. I haven't seen Tekehu's banter but when Eder asked about it Aloth told him not to stick his nose in private affairs as well.

Edited by Aramintai

When you get him on the ship after Fort Maje and talk about the animancers there is an insight check with an option for you to say that you thought there was something between you and him. Pretty awkward as he's in denial about it.

Ugh ugh. Did I mess up? I only remember "I thought we were friends"?

nvAeseu.png

So I have a question about Aloth's romance, if you "rivalmance" him ie kiss him when he hates you do you still get the ending slide that says you're a couple? 

Good question. I'm waiting until they fix the suppressed Iselmyr version to try it out and see.

Ugh ugh. Did I mess up? I only remember "I thought we were friends"?

No, that's not it, it was something like "I thought there was something between us". But it's ok, you didn't mess anything, it's just a flavor dialogue, not a real romance flag.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Hey I can't be the only one who remembers Kana and Hiravias bantering about how Rauatai has "undersea orgies and shark races."

Now I feel personally lied to. Where are the orgies?

• Like 3
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Holy crap the memories.

Gann was so much better. :p

• Like 4

So I have a question about Aloth's romance, if you "rivalmance" him ie kiss him when he hates you do you still get the ending slide that says you're a couple? 

Good question. I'm waiting until they fix the suppressed Iselmyr version to try it out and see.

What's wrong with the supressed Iselmyr version?

nvAeseu.png

What's wrong with the supressed Iselmyr version?

His -1 and -2 dialogues don't trigger completely - they cut out after the first exchange - so the romance can't be initiated. At least in my game, and someone else on the forum had the same problem.

• Like 1

And with my unsuppressed Iselmyr, I can't get his +2 dialogue to trigger at all.

With unsuppressed Iselmyr it might be quite difficult and you quite likely to get Eder and Iselmyr romance instead. 

And with my unsuppressed Iselmyr, I can't get his +2 dialogue to trigger at all.

With unsuppressed Iselmyr it might be quite difficult and you quite likely to get Eder and Iselmyr romance instead. 

wait that crap overwrites Aloth's romance? As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate it.

• Like 1

wait that crap overwrites Aloth's romance? As if I didn't have enough reasons to hate it.

just don't take Éder...to remove the chance of him laughing at her jokes...

Until they fix it . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Is there a romance though? I mean, aside from that one convo, where Iselmyr is pranking them both, and a banter, where Eder hopes it's not going to cause a rift between them, there is no follow-up. 

Is there a romance though? I mean, aside from that one convo, where Iselmyr is pranking them both, and a banter, where Eder hopes it's not going to cause a rift between them, there is no follow-up. 

It's not, it's just a cruel prank at Aloth's expense. To people who are having trouble advancing Aloth's reputation - it's a bug, or more specifically a number of bugs. First, Aloth has two conflicting dispositions that make it difficult to raise rep with him. Second, companions relationship system is bugged atm, some companions gain rep too fast, some dialogues are firing too quickly and some not at all, etc.

• Like 2

It's definitely there and it definitely triggers. It might be an import bug or something, triggered on mine.

And no there was no ridiculous Eder/Iselmyr convo :/ So you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Aridea