Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
643 replies to this topic

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

no..

His..uh..how to say...I went with 'Kind' pre-made save and he was Leaden key leader . So that's like bug..

also...his personal quest is bugged like hell...couldn't finish it . And the ending slider for him is screw up as well . 

And I only got 2 dialogues with him . So yeah..bugged bugged...

the others companions , the only bug I have with them is mostly missing dialogues here and there and some of them triggering too fast . 

Ah sorry, I keep on forgetting that I created the states not imported them. So he is less bugged in my game... Its the import in general that is messed up.

I didn't import either . It was a pre-made save . You know..from the one you can choose from ? 

Edit: Ah..also , don't apologize . if it's working great for you thats awesome ! 

I can wait for the fix lol had that issue back in DOS2 too and just waited for them to fix it  :yes:

Edited by E.RedMark, 18 May 2018 - 01:17 PM.

Zeitzbach

Zeitzbach

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts

Serafen and Eder are probably the only two char in this game that stays 0 or green with everyone. Really hard to make them mad. I think there's only like, what, 1 companion racist quote being Eder joking about having Orlan pets?

Meanwhile, Aloth is the only one to find Serafen in the red for enjoying life. HOW DARE HE?!

Edited by Zeitzbach, 18 May 2018 - 02:01 PM.

• Ryz009 likes this

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Serafen and Eder are probably the only two char in this game that stays 0 or green with everyone. Really hard to make them mad. I think there's only like, what, 1 companion racist quote being Eder joking about having Orlan pets?

Meanwhile, Aloth is the only one to find Serafen in the red for enjoying life. HOW DARE HE?!

In my game Aloth is literally red with everyone but Xoti and Pallegina it's hilarious.

• Karkarov likes this

CaptainBiscuit

CaptainBiscuit

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

In my game Aloth is literally red with everyone but Xoti and Pallegina it's hilarious.

He liked Maia too in my playthrough and is neutral with Eder. So that would make him negative with two companions. Not too different from Pallegina, who doesn't like Tekehu and Xoti.

And I believe Eder can get negative with Xoti, if he's disillusioned with Eothas?

Edited by CaptainBiscuit, 18 May 2018 - 02:13 PM.

Sylph_14

Sylph_14

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think Aloth is at -1 with Serafen in my game, but then I only really use Serafen for the Principi quests so maybe that hits all of Aloth's rage buttons :p

I actually like how they didn't try to artificially balance what the companions like and keep an even number of likes and dislikes. Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. Edér is very similar. Can't imagine what would hit the Pro-Leaden Key button, outside of maybe Aloth in Thaos' hat?

• Yria and Ryz009 like this

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. 

In my game he is disliked by a whole bunch of people and still happily likes everyone but Maia himself (while Maia has him at +1). And he isn't the only one in such state, the lack of mutuality in my party is hilarious. 

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Eh no there is an instance where Eder recognizes Orlan cage (that was kinda horrible), and says something along the lines of it being in good condition and that they used to have it in Dyrwood. And with his incessant petting of everything soft, including Serafen's head. As much as I love Eder he is really racist towards orlans, and he doesn't realize it much.

And I believe Eder can get negative with Xoti, if he's disillusioned with Eothas?

I don't know if its a bug but he hit +2 with Xoti faster than he hit +1 with my sarcastic Watcher, and he was disillusioned with Eothas and told Xoti that she should stop talking to him.

Idk either its a bug, or the guy doesnt use his head for anything other than bashing.

Edited by Aridea, 18 May 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Zeitzbach

Zeitzbach

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts

Eh no there is an instance where Eder recognizes Orlan cage (that was kinda horrible), and says something along the lines of it being in good condition and that they used to have it in Dyrwood. And with his incessant petting of everything soft, including Serafen's head. As much as I love Eder he is really racist towards orlans, and he doesn't realize it much.

I don't know if its a bug but he hit +2 with Xoti faster than he hit +1 with my sarcastic Watcher, and he was disillusioned with Eothas and told Xoti that she should stop talking to him.

Idk either its a bug, or the guy doesnt use his head for anything other than bashing.

Knowing Eder and based on his convo with Hiravias, he's probably just dumb and think Orlan are cute for being tiny or something.

Sylph_14

Sylph_14

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. 

In my game he is disliked by a whole bunch of people and still happily likes everyone but Maia himself (while Maia has him at +1). And he isn't the only one in such state, the lack of mutuality in my party is hilarious. 

Yeah, Tekehu seems to like a lot of people who in turn find him annoying. Again, fits with his character, he's prideful but naive. I found his exchange with Pallegina and the model boat to be the most endearingly adorable thing I've seen so far.

• Mikeymoonshine, JustACat, Ryz009 and 1 other like this

CaptainBiscuit

CaptainBiscuit

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

Looks like a bug to me. Xoti is gaining approval with him like his faith in Eothas was renewed, but in his convo about her he sounded disapproving. Might be tied to (now fixed) bug with save import.

• Yria and Ryz009 like this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Knowing Eder and based on his convo with Hiravias, he's probably just dumb and think Orlan are cute for being tiny or something.

He is definitely not doing it intentionally no, he is anything but malicious. But I think he barely considers them more than animals... He got better in Deadfire, but still.

Looks like a bug to me. Xoti is gaining approval with him like his faith in Eothas was renewed, but in his convo about her he sounded disapproving. Might be tied to (now fixed) bug with save import.

Hopefully its a bug and will be fixed.

Funny, these dispositions make a lot of companions look and sound schizophrenic.  :D

Edited by Aridea, 18 May 2018 - 02:52 PM.

• Ryz009 likes this

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

He is definitely not doing it intentionally no, he is anything but malicious. But I think he barely considers them more than animals... He got better in Deadfire, but still.

He haven't tried to pet my Captain Watcher yet. There is still hope.

• E.RedMark likes this

Midian13

Midian13

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Eder does refer to Orlans as animals at one point in Deadfire.    He says something like "yeah I like all kinds of animals dogs, cats, Orlans."  Ugly old Drywoodian racism.  He got some well deserved dislike points from Pallegina for saying it.  I agree that he's not malicious on it, unfortunately it was how he was raised, and the culture in the Drywood at the time.

• Aridea, Yria, JustACat and 2 others like this

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think if I ever made an Orlan it'd be my only character that wouldn't stand Eder.

• Midian13, Aridea and Noctoi like this

Midian13

Midian13

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think if I ever made an Orlan it'd be my only character that wouldn't stand Eder.

Yeah, I don't know if he actually gets called out about it in this game like Hiravias did with him in the first.  Having a little dislike symbol doesn't quite have the same effect as someone telling you that your ugly Drywood underbelly is showing.

• JustACat, Ryz009 and Noctoi like this

sucinum

sucinum

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Maia trying to romance me directly after the assassination of the queen, between all those corpses, was the weirdest thing ever.

• Ryz009 and Noctoi like this

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Maia trying to romance me directly after the assassination of the queen, between all those corpses, was the weirdest thing ever.

You Maia is crazy I was watching Cohh's playthrough and was like NOPE.

Least Xoti is open about being loony.

Also the variations you get in the conversations depending on personality makes me think when most of the bugs are gone this'll be in my top ten of games. Cause I really enjoy it even though some of the bugs makes me wanna throw my keyboard out a window so when that's fixed and if we get really good dlc :D yeeess.

PatrioticChief

PatrioticChief

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same, I very rarely ran a party without those three (and never without Jan). I also like how in the end of ToB tne narrator mentions "your closest companions", and Jaheira's portrait is one of the first to flash across the screen.

This conversation got me rifling through the folder with my BG2 screenshots again. Almost every one of Jan's banters with the other companions is hilarious (my favourite ones being those with Keldorn, Sarevok, Edwin and Minsc).

Not to be entirely off-topic: I really like how Serafen turned out (and his voice-over is great): he's probably gonna be my favourite of all of the new companions. 

I really enjoyed his voice actor. Honestly, I think all of the companions were well voiced. 

• JustACat likes this

sucinum

sucinum

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You Maia is crazy I was watching Cohh's playthrough and was like NOPE.

Least Xoti is open about being loony.

Also the variations you get in the conversations depending on personality makes me think when most of the bugs are gone this'll be in my top ten of games. Cause I really enjoy it even though some of the bugs makes me wanna throw my keyboard out a window so when that's fixed and if we get really good dlc :D yeeess.

I never had her in my party because of that, but I wanted to try out another ending of the game. That probably explains the weird timing of her request, I suppose I gained a lot of favor with her during the raid. On the other had, that is a good fit since it explains her character very well.

• Ryz009 likes this

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 467 posts

I really enjoyed his voice actor. Honestly, I think all of the companions were well voiced.

The banters where Matthew Mercer has a three-way conversation with himself are so amusing, they almost make me want to keep Iselmyr around. Almost.

• Slotharingia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users