Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
643 replies to this topic

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

Eh I did not mean romance in particular, more like an established friendship, where you already have some history with the character. Those will always be a priority to me. For the same reason I always keep Eder and Pallegina in the party, because they are friends to my char. For the same reason I kept Jaheira, Minsc and Imoen in BGII and then Sarevok in ToB, because history. (forgot Viconia, her too)

My cynical old soul stopped believing in love at first sight :grin:

Oh that's what Eder is for. He's my perma bro. :p (Also the one that always takes all the hits :devil:  )

tell me he still is carrying that shield you get from the smith that look like a door..

otherwise...Ouach! 

• Ryz009 likes this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I demand an Eld Engrim-focused romance DLC.

Add Oswald at this point for a three some.

And that old man from the bathing house.

I doubt they will pass a constitution check :D

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Aloth was one of my favorite companions in PoE I, and I was looking forward to the whole relationship that is carried through a few games thing, be it romance of friendship. Especially since my Watcher was a nerdy wizard pretty similar to Aloth, so it felt like they should naturally connect.

But here comes Deadfire, and Aloth just wouldn't approve of anything I do (but would gladly disapprove of my every joke), and my heart is a bit broken. Aloth why can't we be good friends dammit?  :unsure:

• Kirk, JustACat and Ryz009 like this

Sylph_14

Sylph_14

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Now I have this nursery rhyme stuck in my head ;(

• Aridea likes this

Zeitzbach

Zeitzbach

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 336 posts

Just have the whole romance experience taken place in the

maaaaggiiiiicccc waaterrrrrr. - Serafen

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I was screaming at that calm down grandpa option. It was too perfect. (And god how I wish I could say that sometimes at work).

tell me he still is carrying that shield you get from the smith that look like a door..

otherwise...Ouach!

It's a giant hunk of adra so he should be okay? Mostly.

Shoving him infront of my enemies is my way of showing I care :p

• Aridea likes this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Oh that's what Eder is for. He's my perma bro. :p (Also the one that always takes all the hits :devil:  )

I am replaying POE1 and I realized that I am always putting Eder to block the doors. Poor guy. Happens when you travel with two squishy elves.

• Ryz009 likes this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

Aloth was one of my favorite companions in PoE I, and I was looking forward to the whole relationship that is carried through a few games thing, be it romance of friendship. Especially since my Watcher was a nerdy wizard pretty similar to Aloth, so it felt like they should naturally connect.

But here comes Deadfire, and Aloth just wouldn't approve of anything I do (but would gladly disapprove of my every joke), and my heart is a bit broken. Aloth why can't we be good friends dammit?  :unsure:

same here (as friend that is) . And he has the least dialogues...

Kinda bummber , cose everyone need that akward yet a bit snob elf..and soo nerdy in the group  :yes:

Obsidian don't like elf ! Let go REVOLUTION and throw Leaf at them!  :lol:

• JustACat likes this

Ryz009

Ryz009

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There's an approval cheat for him that I used because yeah.

I am replaying POE1 and I realized that I am always putting Eder to block the doors. Poor guy. Happens when you travel with two squishy elves.

Same. I give my characters 3 con too as you can imagine I'm not overly pleased when those cutscenes happen that force them into the front and they get instant gibbed.

• Aridea likes this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

I was screaming at that calm down grandpa option. It was too perfect. (And god how I wish I could say that sometimes at work).

otherwise...Ouach!

It's a giant hunk of adra so he should be okay? Mostly.

Shoving him infront of my enemies is my way of showing I care :p

I see an issue there...hummmm..

*Nod wisely*...

You need to get Éder a leash! hummm...cose you know how he goes right ?

He see a pinguoin and he be running off ! Then your party is stuck at 4 cose some Genius decided that a party of 5 was fine ! 

Ohh maybe you could run around with a squeaky toy? that should get him back fast  :lol:

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I have a cone cat to keep Eder in check. Best purchase ever for 9k. I regret nothing.

• Midian13, Mirandel, Ryz009 and 1 other like this

daven

daven

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 699 posts

Yeah he seems a complete jackass in this. 

When I talk to him he replies.. 'Can I HELP YOU with something' in an irritated voice. PFFT!

Get off my ship if you're gonna be like that!

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

When I talk to him he replies.. 'Can I HELP YOU with something' in an irritated voice. PFFT!

he was probably reading.. :lol:

That's like knocking on the bathroom door when someone is in there...

well..hand him over , you can take the Seraf off my hand . 

CaptainBiscuit

CaptainBiscuit

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 71 posts

I'm just sitting over here hoping that is this indeed bug. After all the developers did say companion relationship system is bugged. And considering he has both stewardship and autonomy dispositions at the same time (and this is a confirmed bug), I would assume that one of them (which one depends on Aloth being pro- or anti-Leaden Key) is taking place of some other, because otherwise he gets too few dispositions (and less than other companions), which doesn't make sense. 

Still disappointed though, that all returning companion conversations take twice as less time than full romance route with the new ones.

Edited by CaptainBiscuit, 18 May 2018 - 12:39 PM.

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There's an approval cheat for him that I used because yeah.

I know but that's kinda immersion breaking for me, so after he gave me the Thaos talk I just gave him the boot for rp reasons. My Watcher would be greatly offended to be compared to Thaos by the very person who used to be a Leaden Key agent and wouldn't come clean about it for about 3/4 of the first game. 

So... yeah. I guess my relationship with Aloth was fulfilling in its own way, if a bit melodramatic  :facepalm:

• Kirk, Ryz009 and E.RedMark like this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

oh Aloth is bugged all right and so are the others . Hopefully the patch will fix them and their quest and their approval and all . 

But so far, he is the most bugged of the lot . At least for me . 

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

From what I understand the only bug is him having conflicting dispositions. Maybe disposition gain/loss system needs to be reviewed so when you say something they dislike the hit is not so large and when you say something they like the gain is not so small. Right now it feels skewed towards negative.

I can confirm he doesn't dislike jokes though, he is neutral to them. Its the type of joke and context that matters, so don't know how much it will change when devs review the system.

I have Aloth at 2 disposition (without cheating) and my character is still a smart-ass to almost everyone.

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 672 posts

From what I understand the only bug is him having conflicting dispositions. Maybe disposition gain/loss system needs to be reviewed so when you say something they dislike the hit is not so large and when you say something they like the gain is not so small. Right now it feels skewed towards negative.

I can confirm he doesn't dislike jokes though, he is neutral to them. Its the type of joke and context that matters, so don't know how much it will change when devs review the system.

I have Aloth at 2 disposition (without cheating) and my character is still a smart-ass to almost everyone.

no..

His..uh..how to say...I went with 'Kind' pre-made save and he was Leaden key leader . So that's like bug..

also...his personal quest is bugged like hell...couldn't finish it . And the ending slider for him is screw up as well . 

And I only got 2 dialogues with him . So yeah..bugged bugged...

the others companions , the only bug I have with them is mostly missing dialogues here and there and some of them triggering too fast . 

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

he was probably reading.. :lol:

Maia ask him if he is reading anything interesting in banter. He is very enthusiastic to talk about it.

She also told him to not blow up the ship once.

• Ryz009 and E.RedMark like this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

no..

His..uh..how to say...I went with 'Kind' pre-made save and he was Leaden key leader . So that's like bug..

also...his personal quest is bugged like hell...couldn't finish it . And the ending slider for him is screw up as well . 

And I only got 2 dialogues with him . So yeah..bugged bugged...

the others companions , the only bug I have with them is mostly missing dialogues here and there and some of them triggering too fast . 

Ah sorry, I keep on forgetting that I created the states not imported them. So he is less bugged in my game... Its the import in general that is messed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users