Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Also, Rekke is presently a missionary (but it sounds like he was something else before that maybe?).

He sounds like he was a pyromaniac from what he said, and he's being punished by being sent away from his country. He makes me a little scared. :lol:

I'd expect to see clashes between the monotheists and polytheists but I'm hoping it's not just a 1:1 parallel to the Abrahamic religions. So far though, Pillars has borrowed ideas from real life religions without being a wholesale reskin of any of them, which has been nice. Hope it stays that way. 

The Song of Ice and Fire book series deals with monotheism vs. polytheism in an interesting way; the monotheists say that the multiple gods are just different facets of a singular god.

• Like 1

You remember how there were dozen that used the Godhammer to blow up Waidwen? I always thought these were reflections of the gods of Eora. Thing is there are 11 gods, and dozen is 12. So either I am getting into conspiracy theory territory and overthinking it, or there is something else. Or I am just grasping at straws and the Godhammer priests have nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 3
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

wait...that sword had a quest? I totaly forgot it's existence......... :lol:

didn't even use it ! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yeah she does.

I kept her. But if I knew she could be released, I would have done so. She is an okay sword, but not the best.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I kept Modwyr. Her reaction when you try to pick the Magistrate's Cudgel is funny...jealous indeed.

You remember how there were dozen that used the Godhammer to blow up Waidwen? I always thought these were reflections of the gods of Eora. Thing is there are 11 gods, and dozen is 12. So either I am getting into conspiracy theory territory and overthinking it, or there is something else. Or I am just grasping at straws and the Godhammer priests have nothing to do with it. 

There is only 11 alcoves on Ukaizo near the "Wheel", doubtful there is a missing sibling.

There is an unknown deity statue inside the Engwithans Poko island ruins, but Engwithans existed before the gods so who knows what/who they worshiped.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yeah she does.

I kept her. But if I knew she could be released, I would have done so. She is an okay sword, but not the best.

Well, just have Xoti around next time. All her perks will remain, btw, if you release the soul. But she won't talk anymore or yell during battles.

• Like 1

Modwyr yell during battle? Dang, looks like I have another issue to add to the list, because I was wondering why I wasn't hearing anything form her.

Actually, my only "chatty" party member was Maia, everyone else was just barking if they had "no pen".

Is there a way to romance the Queen ?  :huh:

The question was serious  :biggrin:

There is a line in the game where you can say something like: "You haunt my head since the first time we met"

And she responds something like "But listen how the Watcher flatters me!"

"I cannot plant a seed in a untilled soil. I want for there to be trust between is. The trading companies send spies at every corner of the mountain i say there are places they cannot go"

So i intrpreted that as "Gain my trust then we'll talk" but until the end of the game i saw no similar dialogue option even playing FULL Huana faction  :huh:

I think there are some flirts with non-companion NPCs but no romances, so no. She did kinda mean "gain my trust then we'll talk" but she's looking for an ally, not a lover.

...All this for a Friendzone... giphy.gif

• Like 1

Eh yeah she is a bit... annoying.

He sounds like he was a pyromaniac from what he said, and he's being punished by being sent away from his country. He makes me a little scared. :lol:

The Song of Ice and Fire book series deals with monotheism vs. polytheism in an interesting way; the monotheists say that the multiple gods are just different facets of a singular god.

Yeah I think Rekke might be shady. Charming, but shady. He can be in the party, but I'm side-eyeing him.  :getlost:

I'm a fan of ASoIaF and I do like how it handles religion, but the gods are much more of a mystery in that universe.

Rekke's god could be one of the 11 we know, it's just that were he comes from the other gods were not worshiped/erased from public knowledge overtime and forgotten. It's not like everyone worships all the gods everywhere, but proximity to other cultures keeps the knowledge of the others alive.

That could also suggest another godly conspiracy where one of the gods is trying to get ride of all the others. That would actually bring some interesting elements in a plot to fix the Wheel instead of just having Rymrgand opposite it.

Pallegina will just roll her eyes if that happens though.

Yeah I think that's possible, and a really interesting idea. They could also do something like Dragon Age where the Elven pantheon is real, or at least based on real people, but there's no real conclusive evidence for the existence of The Maker at all. But well, DA did that, so I'd prefer Pillars do something else. 

So, guys, Modwyr - what did you do with her? Released her soul from the sword with Xoti's help? Gave her to the previous owner? Kept for yourself?

I found her and then right after that accidentally found her previous owner, so I released her soul without really going through her questline properly and missed out on all her content. Oops. 

• Like 2

...All this for a Friendzone... 

Sorry pal, its the Jorah Mormont effect once again 

Yeah I think that's possible, and a really interesting idea. They could also do something like Dragon Age where the Elven pantheon is real, or at least based on real people, but there's no real conclusive evidence for the existence of The Maker at all. But well, DA did that, so I'd prefer Pillars do something else.  

I'd rather they avoided Teh Maker, more like maybe a hidden god working against others or something.

I would not mind if we have to fight against Rymrgand though, he is interesting. Should be more interesting if you are playing a Pale Elf, since technically Pale elves belong to him.

I had the same problem with Modwyr btw. I found her too late and then found her owner, so it was quick.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2

I had the same problem with Modwyr btw. I found her too late and then found her owner, so it was quick.

who is her owner ? and do you get anything by finding the owner? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Don't remember, but she is some elven girl that shows up in Dunnage after you get the sword. 

The sword gains full properties and stops being soulbound, and you get xp for the quest. Thats it from what I remember.

Don't remember, but she is some elven girl that shows up in Dunnage after you get the sword. 

The sword gains full properties and stops being soulbound, and you get xp for the quest. Thats it from what I remember.

and..if you release the soul thing? does that count as mission over or failed? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

who is her owner ? and do you get anything by finding the owner? 

The sword tells who's the owner if you talk to her after completing soulbound tasks. It's not a marked quest so you get nothing for doing it, except for the sword of course.

I had her tell about the owner even when soulbound properties were at 0, so she was unlocked immediately and I got the achievemnt. Which was weird :)

and..if you release the soul thing? does that count as mission over or failed? 

Yeah, its not marked so you can do it either way.

• Like 1

I have yet to beat the game, but I'm curious and don't mind the spoilers. Do any of the romances end on a positive note with the companion staying with the Watcher? I know a couple made it sound like said companion had their own duty to attend to, and couldn't stay with the Watcher. I'm not sure if they're all like that, to make it easier to explain for why they wouldn't potentially be in the next game, or if it does work out for them, and they perhaps become a returning character. 

I'm just curious how any romantic relationships from Deadfire would carry over to POE3. 

Judging by the epilogues Aloth is the only one that can stay with the Watcher, and only if you pick certain dialogue options. 

If not, he goes off to do his own thing as well.

I have yet to beat the game, but I'm curious and don't mind the spoilers. Do any of the romances end on a positive note with the companion staying with the Watcher? I know a couple made it sound like said companion had their own duty to attend to, and couldn't stay with the Watcher. I'm not sure if they're all like that, to make it easier to explain for why they wouldn't potentially be in the next game, or if it does work out for them, and they perhaps become a returning character. 

I'm just curious how any romantic relationships from Deadfire would carry over to POE3. 

Xoti and Tekehu stay in the Deadfire. Xoti writes lots of letters.

Serafen isn't a real romance

Aloth stick around if you tell him to not bother with the Leaden Keys anymore, leaves otherwise.

Maia has duties with the Rauatai Navy, but she makes time to visit. If she leaves the Navy, the romance turns cold. If you didn't complete the romance (and didn't break up I suppose), the slide ends with "If there isn't time now, someday there might be".

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies!

I suppose that makes sense for everyone to have commitments that require them to be elsewhere. Although it sounds bittersweet that the relationship either ends, or takes on a long distance quality via Xoti and Maia. I hope there's at least a nod to them in the next game. 

That's also interesting that Aloth has the option to remain with the Watcher. I'd like to  take that as a sign that he'll be returning in the next game. 

• Like 1

Aloth and Eder both actually. Well Eder is not romance but he sticks around if you don't complete his quest I guess. 

Aloth/Eder/Pallegina are all pretty iconic now, so I hope they will continue being companions.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 4