Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Also is there a way to keep faction companions from leaving? Tekehu left on my RDC run. I thought if I didn't have him in my party he would stay.

You can convince them in some cases, for example, Tekehu will stay with the VTC and Principi, and Maia is okay with the pirates. But it might require talking them out of leaving. Then there are factions which they will never, ever agree to work with: RDC for Tekehu and maybe Pallegina, VTC and Huana for Maia (though it was possible to leave her on the ship on the Huana run prior to the patch, she would remain but never talk to you again. Not sure about now).

I left maia on the boat during my huana run and she stayed. Maybe because I didn't go to see Hazanui and reject her offer.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

I left maia on the boat during my huana run and she stayed. Maybe because I didn't go to see Hazanui and reject her offer.

As far as I know Maia would be alright with you rejecting Hazanui's offer, because, uhhh, I'll hide it just in case since it's a bit spoilery.

The entire RDC quarters turn hostile and try to kill your party after that. Maia will stay and fight against them if I'm not mistaken.

Did she talk to you at all on the huana route? 

As far as I know Maia would be alright with you rejecting Hazanui's offer, because, uhhh, I'll hide it just in case since it's a bit spoilery.

The entire RDC quarters turn hostile and try to kill your party after that. Maia will stay and fight against them if I'm not mistaken.

Confirming that she will stay and fight (unless thats been fixed in the new patch?). It was kinda hilarious since I wasn't expecting the whole building to aggro and she had no issue helping me butcher my way out. And on top of that, her ending slide said she went back to active duty and got salutes and free drinks XD

Since 32 pages is kinda extreme to read through all of it, I'll ask a series question that may have already been answered:

Are the romances in the game exclusive? (my assumption is yes, but you never know...)

If so, do they have the standard "point of no return" which will lock you out of other companion's options if you pass said point?

If the above are true, does anyone have a... list I guess I would say? of when those points are hit?

The reason for all of the above questions, I'm in my first visit to Nekataka and Xoti just initiated the dialogue about pursuing Eder.  I feel like I haven't had enough involvement with her for me to tell if I want to pursue her yet, and have yet to even come across Maia (I think the only other romance-able female?  Interestingly, the dialogue with Xoti brings up she'd get along better with Maia, whom we have not met... :facepalm:).  As such, I don't want to pass the point of no return in either getting her with Eder or locking myself into the Xoti route here.  The options I had available & their results in the conversation seemed a bit more... impactful than what I was expecting for this early in the game.

Anyone got some pointers/tips?

Yes and yes. Unfortunately, I can only tell you the lock-in points for the romanceable males. Someone who pursued Xoti will have to take over from here.

That's what I was afraid of, and now I'm moderately annoyed.  She initiates the Eder dialogue w/ me every time now, when I load my most recent save.  The only options seem to be to throw her at Eder or to commit to the Xoti route...  :unsure:

I am aware that nothing comes of it, my concern is that we're at the Y in the road here: Does throwing her at Eder end my options with her?  Based on the writing involved, I'm 99% sure that the different dialogue options involving the Watcher result in a pretty binary "We're on or we're off!"

So IDK.  If I don't pursue her now, am I locked out?  If I do pursue her now, it feels like I'm locked in.  And I seemingly have no way to avoid this conversation except reloading an earlier save.

Edited by Seroster01

oh hey while we are talking about Xoti and Éder..

if you encourage him to talk to her..that is not...romance right? like encourage her to go for him (and yes I'm aware he doesnt care for her)..

lol you know what..I just tell him to stay away . for science lol 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

From what I understand Xoti's lock-in comes after you do her quest, either the part where she visits the tree, or after you find a way to free souls from her lantern.

I had her initiate a dialogue (when I wasnt locked-in with others) at one of those points, but I don't remember which one. You do have the option to ask her about her Eder infatuation and she responds with something like "its not the same with you" or some such hogwash. 

You're only locked out if you pursue someone else.

oh hey while we are talking about Xoti and Éder..

if you encourage him to talk to her..that is not...romance right? like encourage her to go for him (and yes I'm aware he doesnt care for her)..

lol you know what..I just tell him to stay away . for science lol 

No, there is no romance between them. Eder gets no love in this game remember? They just end up good friends. (which I still wonder why we even needed that information in the first place, but whatever)

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I never got this conversation chain with her, but I tried looking it up in the files. If I'm reading it right - pushing her toward Eder makes her unavailable to romance for some amount of time, but eventually you'll have another chance to start the relationship.

If it isn't bugged.

• Like 1

From what I understand Xoti's lock-in comes after you do her quest, either the part where she visits the tree, or after you find a way to free souls from her lantern.

I had her initiate a dialogue (when I wasnt locked-in with others) at one of those points, but I don't remember which one. You do have the option to ask her about her Eder infatuation and she responds with something like "its not the same with you" or some such hogwash. 

You're only locked out if you pursue someone else.

I never got this conversation chain with her, but I tried looking it up in the files. If I'm reading it right - pushing her toward Eder makes her unavailable to romance for some amount of time, but eventually you'll have another chance to start the relationship.

If it isn't bugged.

Thanks for the responses, between the 2 posts it sounds safe to distract her with Eder while I try to get a better feel for her character & actually find Maia.

Thanks for the responses, between the 2 posts it sounds safe to distract her with Eder while I try to get a better feel for her character & actually find Maia.

Xoti can end up with Maia actually. Its the case that devs were talking about when they said companions could develop relationships between themselves.

But from what I understand the Watcher is always a priority when it comes to romance. There is no way to mess it up unless you outright tell them to stop bothering you, then the option is closed and companion relationships kick in.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Xoti can end up with Maia actually. Its the case that devs were talking about when they said companions could develop relationships between themselves.

But from what I understand the Watcher is always a priority when it comes to romance. There is no way to mess it up unless you outright tell them to stop bothering you, then the option is closed and companion relationships kick in.

Well yes, but what I was afraid of is me throwing her at Eder would qualify as telling her to stop bothering me.

So far no companion has come to my watcher. 

Just raise their dispositions, sit back, and enjoy the show  :dancing:

And they pick the most inopportune times to start the show too! Aloth spontaneously decided that the best time to chat 'feelings' was when the party was hiding between 6 tripple skull mobs, and an un-killable trap... I kinda wish they had the 'character wants to talk' thing worked out in deadfire like they did in the first game. While I appreciate the miracle of Aloth hitting 2+, I'd much preffer to celebrate the occasion in the safety of the gods damned boat rather than while we're all flashing yellow and trying to sneak past certain death!!!  :getlost:  :blink:  :facepalm:

Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 2

Aloth spontaneously decided that the best time to chat 'feelings' was when the party was hiding between 6 tripple skull mobs, and an un-killable trap...

Man, that's the best time for romance. What kind of an adventurer are you? :p

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 5

Yes she flirted, I turned her down, we did her quests and had several conversations on the boat. I just never brought her along in party other then her quest.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

My experience with Xoti was quite something. I consistently encouraged her to pursue Maia, told Maia to go for Xoti, and then near the end of the game Xoti decided it was the time to talk about her feelings... for Eder. When I said that she might be a bit too young for him she suddenly got all flirty and asked who wasn't she too young for (hinting at me, from my impression), at which point I had options to tell her to bugger off, to remind her about Maia or to kiss her. All of that while I was already in a relationship with another character. 

So my guess is that it's almost impossible to botch her romance. You can throw her at Eder, you can trow her at Maia (and Maia might even catch her), but she will still remain available to you. 

Yes she flirted, I turned her down, we did her quests and had several conversations on the boat. I just never brought her along in party other then her quest.

I should have been more specific, sorry. What I meant was did Maia have any conversation available after you lock yourself in on the huana route? Because I read that she will only have a "Maia is angry and wouldn't talk to you" line over her head after that.