Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was unclear but I just want *more* content. Not particularly romantic content between the Watcher and the companions. I feel the companions are different enough that there were lots of interesting veins that could've been explored had there been time for more fleshed out conversations. Like maybe Aloth's troubled family situation and Tekehu's probably very pampered upbringing. Or Aloth and Serafen and how they individually suffered. Like for Aloth and Serafen, most of them talking is just a lot of snark from both sides. But it would've been really cool to see them getting a deeper understanding of why each is the way they are. And maybe not become best friends but have a begrudging acknowledgement for each other's pasts. 

I think the writers did what they could w/ the resources they were given. But maybe another hour of conversations would've been great lol.

Oh in that case yep, more content would have been so much better - dialogues, interjections, relationships. Unfortunately sacrifices had to be made.

Honestly, I'd rather they scrapped sidekicks and gave more stuff to the main companions. But I don't know if companions vs sidekicks was a zero-sum situation. Plus a lot of people seem to like sidekicks because waifu/husbando material.

Another thing, weren't there past complaints that POE1 was too verbose and that GM and Durance were way too long-winded?

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Another thing, weren't there past complaints that POE1 was too verbose and that GM and Durance were way too long-winded?

You show me where those people are because I need to fight them.

Fight fight fight.

With my fists.

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I wish Aloth romance had at least one more conversation, the jump between him shutting you down with "I'm truly glad to see you again, but it's been five years" in first conversation to the kiss is pretty jarring.

Did you pass the Insight check to express romantic interest in him in his first conversation?

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I wish Aloth romance had at least one more conversation, the jump between him shutting you down with "I'm truly glad to see you again, but it's been five years" in first conversation to the kiss is pretty jarring.

Did you pass the Insight check to express romantic interest in him in his first conversation?

I know I did, but the result was basically the same: "Errr I thought you were joking, but apparently you aren't, and it's now really awkward, it's been 5 bloody years ok?". 

• Like 1

I know I did, but the result was basically the same: "Errr I thought you were joking, but apparently you aren't, and it's now really awkward, it's been 5 bloody years ok?".

Hmm I don't blame him for being socially inept.

The guy shares his head with someone else that sometimes takes over and does things he would never do.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I don't blame him either, just pointing out that with or without passing that insight check you get the same response: I'm glad to see you, but it's been a long time, we are both different people now.

• Like 1

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before but I just skimmed the thread a bit as I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers still. 

I've been trying to activate the Aloth romance and after using the console commands to boost his approval as I have the same autonomy/stewardship likes going on in my game. Once I use the [kiss him] conversation option in his approval 2 convo, he something along the lines of after having to hide Iselmyr his whole life he values privacy and can't give it up, "sorry I can't do this" sort of thing :(

Is this part of his romance or did I somehow do something wrong in my Pillars 1 save or during this game? I haven't been able to advance his personal quest pretty much at all yet either so does he only reciprocate if his quest has been pushed forward a certain amount?

I'm not able to play very much so I'd just like to know if I should give up on him basically and go after Tekehu, lol.

edit: I reloaded and found a way to fast track doing his personal quest, finished it, used console to up his approval but got the same results :( 

Edited by litome

Once I use the [kiss him] conversation option in his approval 2 convo, he something along the lines of after having to hide Iselmyr his whole life he values privacy and can't give it up, "sorry I can't do this" sort of thing :(

Two questions:

1. Did you try every possible dialogue choice combination between [Kiss Him] and him rejecting you? Because he definitely resists it and you have to talk him into it.

2. After he "rejects" you, do his lines when you talk to him or click on him change? If they do, then you successfully initiated the romance. If not, then something is going wrong.

• Like 2

Once I use the [kiss him] conversation option in his approval 2 convo, he something along the lines of after having to hide Iselmyr his whole life he values privacy and can't give it up, "sorry I can't do this" sort of thing :(

Two questions:

1. Did you try every possible dialogue choice combination between [Kiss Him] and him rejecting you? Because he definitely resists it and you have to talk him into it.

2. After he "rejects" you, do his lines when you talk to him or click on him change? If they do, then you successfully initiated the romance. If not, then something is going wrong.

I'll go ahead and try some more using different dialog options. I didn't actually push that hard during the conversation, idk why I didn't want to seem desperate to a video game character I guess lol

And after the result I was getting there were absolutely no changes so it definitely didn't work. I'll see if being really forward works then and report back, thanks for the tips!

edit: okay I replayed the dialog again and I thiiiiiink I've got it to trigger? Clicked on him a dozen times before getting a little "anything" voice line out of him :wub:  but now I'm pretty certain it's working. Thanks so much for the tips!

Edited by litome
  • Like 1

edit: okay I replayed the dialog again and I thiiiiiink I've got it to trigger? Clicked on him a dozen times before getting a little "anything" voice line out of him :wub: but now I'm pretty certain it's working. Thanks so much for the tips!

Yeah, that voice clip is linked to his romance state. Congratulations, you've won a snooty elf.

• Like 1

Some more tales from the Deadfire.

Just because I hit on everything that moves and "Visit the brothel" is No 1 on my to do list for every port does not make your judging okay, Serafen. :getlost:

iZew7g7.png

You sure you're not one of Rymrgand's, Tekehu?

ZO2NRuV.png

fz1uzjE.png

• Like 6

Has anyone been able to test if Xoti vs Pallegina scene now triggers correctly?

Companions annoyed barks still seem to be broken with the latest patch, I keep clicking for a minute and can't get a single one of them trigger (before I could at least get them once or twice).

Tekehu approves if you worship Nemnok too xD

He didn't for me. Another bug perhaps? His dialogue indicates that he is afraid of the cultistis, as he can give you one of his "Captain, I'm scared!" reactions there. Why would he approve when you do the very thing that scares him?

• Like 1

Tekehu approves if you worship Nemnok too xD

He didn't for me. Another bug perhaps? His dialogue indicates that he is afraid of the cultistis, as he can give you one of his "Captain, I'm scared!" reactions there. Why would he approve when you do the very thing that scares him?

No idea?

MaggDCX.png

nvAeseu.png

No idea?

Ah, I thought you were referring to the "NEMNOK! NEMNOK!" part, before the cultists notice you. Not sure if he approved when I agreed to worship Nemnok later. Though if he does it still looks rather inconsistent and oversimplified, same as Aloth approving of Xoti's religious zealotry because duty.

• Like 1

No idea?

Ah, I thought you were referring to the "NEMNOK! NEMNOK!" part, before the cultists notice you. Not sure if he approved when I agreed to worship Nemnok later. Though if he does it still looks rather inconsistent and oversimplified, same as Aloth approving of Xoti's religious zealotry because duty.

I think it was after I chanted it, but I could be wrong. Aloth also approves of Maia assassinating people cos duty even after stating he doesn't trust the RDC.

nvAeseu.png

Companions annoyed barks still seem to be broken with the latest patch, I keep clicking for a minute and can't get a single one of them trigger (before I could at least get them once or twice).

I did not upgrade to the latest patch, but it triggered alright for me before. Pallegina had -2 with Xoti, Xoti +1 with Gina, asked Gina what she thinks about Eothas, after her rant Xoti instantly initiated the scene.

In other news, there is one thing Concelhaut loves. :biggrin:

tjKLqkr.png

• Like 2

I did not upgrade to the latest patch, but it triggered alright for me before. Pallegina had -2 with Xoti, Xoti +1 with Gina, asked Gina what she thinks about Eothas, after her rant Xoti instantly initiated the scene.

tjKLqkr.png

I love that one. And when he worries your eggs will spoil :,)

nvAeseu.png

tjKLqkr.png

I swear I had some candied nuts in my inventory. Then I brought Concelhaut out, got this dialogue trigger, and the nuts were gone....  :shifty:

• Like 3

So Tekehu has no personal quest? Is taking him to the gullet his quest?

Also is there a way to keep faction companions from leaving? Tekehu left on my RDC run. I thought if I didn't have him in my party he would stay.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!