Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

I'm not gonna spam big pictures , so...

for Aloth : it's kinda hard since..y'know..elf . I personally will go for asian for his look . 

This guy for Aloth : https://data.whicdn.com/images/54690428/large.jpg

And his name is : David Chiang . 

---

For Xoti , I pick Audrey Tautou (french Actress) 

Here: https://images6.alphacoders.com/683/683525.jpg

--

You are good at this.

nvAeseu.png

I'm not gonna spam big pictures , so...

for Aloth : it's kinda hard since..y'know..elf . I personally will go for asian for his look . 

This guy for Aloth : https://data.whicdn.com/images/54690428/large.jpg

And his name is : David Chiang . 

---

For Xoti , I pick Audrey Tautou (french Actress) 

Here: https://images6.alphacoders.com/683/683525.jpg

--

You are good at this.

haha well thanx..

I have a hard time..like really a hard time with names and places that have names..and dates . But I'm good with faces , and if I can't remember a face...I always remember one voice . 

well there was no rulez though..so , like david chiang...he is older and look nothing like his young self . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Just dropping by to say that I love how Tekehu has the healthiest, most believable reaction to all the scary **** we encounter in our travels, be it ax-crazy pirates, bloodthirsty Nemnok cultists or a tavern full of undead patrons. He just tugs at your sleeve and asks "Captain, I'm scared, can we please go home now" every time. I can totally relate  :lol:

Edited by Yria
  • Like 8

Just dropping by to say that I love how Tekehu has the healthiest, most believable reaction to all the scary **** we encounter in our travels, be it ax-crazy pirates, bloodthirsty Nemnok cultists or a tavern full of undead patrons. He just tugs at your sleeve and asks "Captain, I'm scared, can we please go home now" every time. I can totally relate  :lol:

and he is tha chosen one! make it more priceless  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Sooooo

last night , was showing the game to my friend . And..started a new game , and put it to the easiest of easy difficulty...

And Éder bent over and died..during the intro fight..and no , he wasn't on the beach afterward...

and it was weird...didn't see him get hit..

is this a bug ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

So, I see that there are 27 pages of this thread and like 33 pages in 'part A.' I apologize if my questions are answered somewhere in there.

That said, I'm a little befuddled at what the heck is going on in terms of the romances here. Xoiti seems like she's trying to jump anything with a pulse as if it's last call at a singles bar and I may have accidentally told her to go hook up with Maia. I thought it was a joking way to say "I don't know anything about you, maybe let's put off this conversation" but apparently it wasn't a joke. 

Then the game forces an interaction with Maia where the watcher needs to either tell her he's interested or reject her despite showing zero interest in having such a conversation. I found this pretty objectionable since it was literally the second time I had spoken to her after recruitment. Why couldn't this be a talk that could be had aboard ship or put off?

Apart from the feeling that I have that someone got their idea of how romance works by reading letters to certain publications ("Dear PillarsHouse, I couldn't believe it but being the captain of a ship means all the crew immediately ask to be bunkmates if you know what I mean!") it's left me in a weird predicament where I may have rejected both companions when all I really wanted to do was have some idea what their characters are like before having to act on rather... unsubtle... propositions.

I don't know if the coding on these interactions is figured out yet but am I 'locked out' of a romance subplot with Xoti if I told her something as simple as "well what about Maia?" to the point where that's it for her on this playthrough? Or is there a way to go back and say "oh, now that you're not a complete stranger, let's see where this goes?" (even if it's a console command to start the whole thing over)?

Sssssoooo, Aloth. When Xoti cracks a morbid joke about a roughed up man in his presence no less, it's all good, eh?

dTC49VU.png

And what was this for?!

gKFijJT.png

that was kinda funny though....

especially once you do the quest..it just make it more hilarious...

Elderly Hive Dweller

Sssssoooo, Aloth. When Xoti cracks a morbid joke about a roughed up man in his presence no less, it's all good, eh?

dTC49VU.png

And what was this for?!

gKFijJT.png

He does that to me too. Some NPC says something, my Watcher says *literally nothing* and Aloth sighs through his nose xD

Sooooo

last night , was showing the game to my friend . And..started a new game , and put it to the easiest of easy difficulty...

And Éder bent over and died..during the intro fight..and no , he wasn't on the beach afterward...

is this a bug ? 

If Eder dies in that fight, he's not in the game. It's not a bug.

nvAeseu.png

dTC49VU.png

And what was this for?!

gKFijJT.png

He does that to me too. Some NPC says something, my Watcher says *literally nothing* and Aloth sighs through his nose xD

Sooooo

is this a bug ? 

If Eder dies in that fight, he's not in the game. It's not a bug.

it must be a bug..

cose he wasn't even hit ! 

He just keeled over.....

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

it must be a bug..

cose he wasn't even hit ! 

He just keeled over.....

LMAO. Maybe he was overwhelmed. Are you sure it wasn#t some kind of spell? xD

No..

Like I said...put it in the lowest difficulty ever , and fight start..I paused right away to explain the combat style of the game..

Then I noticed..he was keeling over..

haha yeah..just remembered that all them pet are died back in Caed Nua..... :lol:

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

Sooooo

is this a bug ? 

Nah that happened with me too on PotD so I had to reload that part. The thing is, companions and sidekick can die whenever. If they aren't recruited yet, they don't gain the injury protection benefit. Eder got crit-killed during the tutorial for me and he exploded. Hard to keep track because you don't have his face on your member box yet so you have to track his health manually.

And if they die to Death Ring anyway, that also counts as a real death, not an injury death. Happened to my Ydwin out of nowhere during one of the bounty ship fight when I received a tool tip box informing what Death is because she got killed by that spell.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Sooooo

is this a bug ? 

Nah that happened with me too on PotD so I had to reload that part. The thing is, companions and sidekick can die whenever. If they aren't recruited yet, they don't gain the injury protection benefit. Eder got crit-killed during the tutorial for me and he exploded. Hard to keep track because you don't have his face on your member box yet so you have to track his health manually.

And if they die to Death Ring anyway, that also counts as a real death, not an injury death. Happened to my Ydwin out of nowhere during one of the bounty ship fight when I received a tool tip box informing what Death is because she got killed by that spell.

yeah , I get it . But he wasn't HIT...

He took no damage ! He just keeled over as soon as the fight started !!

I know if he fight and bleed..he die...But he wasn't even HIT! He keeled as soon as the fight started !  :lol:

• Like 3

Elderly Hive Dweller

The number of Tekehu's ex girlfriends we run into tends to become overwhelming lol.

Heh, yeah. When I got to the ending slides in my Tekehu run and saw "He has work to do in the Deadfire, but his heart - and, he insists, the rest of him - is yours," I couldn't help a sneaking feeling of disbelief. Are committed relationships even a thing with the Huana? The game seems to imply they're not.

Committed? I can believe it... MONOGAMOUS? I’m very dubious lol. They just seem to love everybody... particularly if they are looking at them at the time.

How is Aloth like Sten? xD He's like some weird crossing between Fenris and Anders xD

OMG he is! DA2 Anders at least... that warm fun embracing compassion really tries to come out, but it either succeeds explosively with an attention seeking skinrider, or gets buried under a mountain of terminal “stick up the metaphorical ass” syndrome!

Btw I saw your new sig and felt the urge to offer you a packet of virtual Tim tams and a huge hug lol. We’ll get to play his relatively unbroken quest chain soon I hope :(

• Like 1

Ah..

haven't even installed the DLC yet..still waiting for the patch...

How about Meredith for Pallegina ?? They are both zealot for their order/faction .

I kinda got a sword wielding version of Vivienne from Pallegina... minus the dead lover of course... Edited by Noctoi
  • Like 1

Ah..

haven't even installed the DLC yet..still waiting for the patch...

How about Meredith for Pallegina ?? They are both zealot for their order/faction .

I kinda got a sword wielding version of Vivienne from Pallegina... minus the dead lover of course...

Vivi was very shallow..she didn't care much and didn't have the passion Pallegina has (yeah yeah..I don't like her still :p but I can recognize passion even if I don't like someone ) . Pallegina does have that over Vivi..who..really feel very empty . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pallegina's kinda like Cassandra without a soft side I guess? They are both dissatisfied by the things they are born into and want to distance themselves from (being godlike/a noble), and they are both very dutiful and characterized by an absolutely unshakeable faith.

I don't really think the DA characters are that similar to the PoE ones, but it's fun to come up with commonalities. 

• Like 3

Pallegina's kinda like Cassandra without a soft side I guess? They are both dissatisfied by the things they are born into and want to distance themselves from (being godlike/a noble), and they are both very dutiful and characterized by an absolutely unshakeable faith.

I don't really think the DA characters are that similar to the PoE ones, but it's fun to come up with commonalities. 

Yeah Cas was the other option I had in mind... Pallegina's  almost like a melding of Cas and Viv in demeanor, but her personality doesn't really match either perfectly. 

• Like 1

Huh. I do think Viv and Pallegina have a lot of common parallels. I don't think Viv was shallow in the least. The Circle was a traumatic place, and she learned how to play the game. I think at the end if she becomes head of the Circle, she works towards helping mages. She wants to help, but she just believes in reform versus abolition. Both Viv and Pallegina have a lot of faith in their respective institutions I think. I think they can come across as cold or callous in some respects. And they certainly do little to persuade other people otherwise because other people's opinions just aren't that relevant to them. In that way, both of them are probably the most certain of their respective casts. Their arcs aren't about a crossroads like Tekehu's or Iron Bull's. It's about further showcasing their humanity that you can glimpse between the small interactions you witness in their banter with certain party members.

I felt really sad about what happened to Pallegina after I sided with the Huana. I didn't like the Vailian Republics because they're a bit too symbolic of unbridled capitalism and corporate exploitation...but Pallegina deserved better.

Edited by Astrolabe
  • Like 3

Huh. I do think Viv and Pallegina have a lot of common parallels. I don't think Viv was shallow in the least. The Circle was a traumatic place, and she learned how to play the game. I think at the end if she becomes head of the Circle, she works towards helping mages. She wants to help, but she just believes in reform versus abolition. Both Viv and Pallegina have a lot of faith in their respective institutions I think. I think they can come across as cold or callous in some respects. And they certainly do little to persuade other people otherwise because other people's opinions just aren't that relevant to them. In that way, both of them are probably the most certain of their respective casts. Their arcs aren't about a crossroads like Tekehu's or Iron Bull's. It's about further showcasing their humanity that you can glimpse between the small interactions you witness in their banter with certain party members.

I felt really sad about what happened to Pallegina after I sided with the Huana. I didn't like the Vailian Republics because they're a bit too symbolic of unbridled capitalism and corporate exploitation...but Pallegina deserved better.

I prefer 'Unbridled Capitalism' over the ****ed up Caste system and what basically adds up to slavery that is the Huana regime.

• Like 1

I prefer 'Unbridled Capitalism' over the ****ed up Caste system and what basically adds up to slavery that is the Huana regime.

Both are bad, but the Huana culture is theirs to fix and Tekehu makes noises that suggest he'd want to do that. Supressing their culture and replacing it with another, especially one that actively supports slavery including slavery of the Huana, doesn't seem a whole lot better and depleting a natural valuable resource for profit can ultimately be more destructive in the long run. I think if slavery is one's main focus, one would have to pick the RDC or Aeldys.

OMG he is! DA2 Anders at least... that warm fun embracing compassion really tries to come out, but it either succeeds explosively with an attention seeking skinrider, or gets buried under a mountain of terminal “stick up the metaphorical ass” syndrome!

Btw I saw your new sig and felt the urge to offer you a packet of virtual Tim tams and a huge hug lol. We’ll get to play his relatively unbroken quest chain soon I hope :(

Yeah I meant DA2 Anders. Aloth is a mini Fenders xD Especially his romance, if one does manage to trigger it (by cheating in my case), reminds me of Fenris.

Also thanks for the Timtams :D I do seem to have hit the ultimate bugged Aloth playthrough and might have to exclude him from my party until he's fixed cos I'm sersiously starting to hate him. Even the romance is irritating me xD

Vivi was very shallow..she didn't care much and didn't have the passion Pallegina has (yeah yeah..I don't like her still :p but I can recognize passion even if I don't like someone ) . Pallegina does have that over Vivi..who..really feel very empty .

Viv isn't shallow. She's a master of "the game" (DAI's version of Deadfire diplomacy). You never really know what she thinks and the feeling I got from Viv was that she's trying to manouever mages into a position of power and influence, but doesn't agree with the revolution approach. The emptiness is her facade, which she maintains very well.

Pallegina does remind me more of Cass, minus Cass' more "cute" aspects, though I see similarities to Viv too.

• Like 4

nvAeseu.png

I mean, the caste system does suck. But one could make the argument that there's a level of informed consent among everybody involved. The Roparu make the best of it even if the best of it is starving. They may or may not genuinely believe that if they tough it through and do their best, they might get reincarnated into a higher caste. From a comparative view, you could make the argument that both follow the same pyramid-shaped level of exploitation where resources are funneled to the top.

But in the context of the game, we have the Huana as the indigenous culture and Vailians as the external force. We have specific quest examples where the Vailians are "trading" or discreetly stealing land with unfair contracts because some of the Huana on the smaller islands don't understand how contracts work. And the entire thing where Castol is willing to support slavery (even if he's kinda angsty about it) for the sake of profit.

So my point is yeah, maybe they're both bad in the general overall sense. But at the very least, what comes from the Huana's end goal will benefit the Huana. The Roparu might get the short end of the stick, but maybe it's possible for them to change. The game is really vague about how the tribes unite and what that means or like when Tekehu leaves them to learn how to adapt by themselves. But w/ the Vailians under Alvari, she literally wants to strip the islands of their resources and skedaddle. And for whatever faults the Huanu and their culture may have, they shouldn't be left destitute.

• Like 2