Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Shale would get along superbly with Hylea though.

The pigeon-mother and the pigeon-murderer? It would be epic.

Think of all the rampant droppings.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

nah..

I really see , Maia like Morrigan . She is gorgeous..like Morrigan and bitchy . 

And Aloth , yeah..maybe not Sten . But..he does have that stuck up..broody ..no nonsense can't take a joke . So..fenris maybe ? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I also..picked Oghren for Seraf..

cose he share two things with him: They both could be Pirate (well seraf is already one , but so does Oghren with that voice) . And they both supposed to make you laugh , only Seraf doesn't but oghren does . Oh wait..they are also both short!  :lol: and hairy! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Dude, she has, like, a hundred thousand kids. You really wanna deal with that?

My first thought here was "Does anyone really want to romance Shub-Niggurath" and only second "Why they are now talking about Cthulhu mythos"?

(The third was "Wait, the spellchecker recognizes the word 'Cthulhu' but not 'mythos'? Really?")

who the hell is Mirke ? 

And for Pallagina...that's easy ! every Bird Shale stump is Pallagina !  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

Mirke's the new DLC sidekick: permanently drunk principi who, through a missing string of code, lacks underwear. There was a hilarious thread about that last part a few days ago.

Considering Oghren's love for alcohol and..... peculiar discussions involving pants, I'd say it's perfect.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 3

Ah..

haven't even installed the DLC yet..still waiting for the patch...

How about Meredith for Pallegina ?? They are both zealot for their order/faction . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

How about Varric for Serafen: they're both short, hairy schemers, love a good story involving themselves, and are somehow sophisticated and vulgar at the same time.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 3

nah..

And Aloth , yeah..maybe not Sten . But..he does have that stuck up..broody ..no nonsense can't take a joke . So..fenris maybe ? 

Except Maia doesn't disapprove of everything and Aloth does.

Fenris is too unhinged - throwing bottles, going murderous. Aloth is too reserved for that.

Maia is also not girly, Morrigan is extremely girly. I would say Aloth is more girly than Maia. And Maia is more deadpan snark with her own code of conduct and her own morality.

I fully agree on Mirke/Oghren and persistent lack of pants.

How about Varric for Serafen: they're both short, hairy, love a good story involving themselves, and are somehow sophisticated and vulgar at the same time.

Yes, thats perfect! And both are super smooth talkers.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

nah..

Except Maia doesn't disapprove of everything and Aloth does.

Fenris is too unhinged - throwing bottles, going murderous. Aloth is too reserved for that.

Maia is also not girly, Morrigan is extremely girly. I would say Aloth is more girly than Maia. And Maia is more deadpan snark with her own code of conduct and her own morality.

I fully agree on Mirke/Oghren and persistent lack of pants.

How about Varric for Serafen: they're both short, hairy, love a good story involving themselves, and are somehow sophisticated and vulgar at the same time.

Yes, thats perfect! And both are super smooth talkers.

but aren't the companions bugged.....?

So..what if they fix it..and it change how is Aloth ? 

I never saw Morrigan as Girly . I mean she litteraly sneer when Leliana talk about shoes and dress...

and yeah..I was shocked seeing her in a dress in DAI..I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAT? LELIANA! Get over here and see this! Buahahahahaaha  :lol:

No..maia doesn't . But she is snarky often...

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Ehh Morrigan's entire character revolves around her being a silly girl in the past and loving pretty baubles and Flemeth punishing her for that, trying to make her into someone who should only depend on herself and use others for her advantage. There is a reason her favorite gifts are mirrors and necklaces and other stuff. She is as girly as Leliana, except she doesn't let it on and hides behind 100 layers of contempt. Come to think of it, all women that David Gaider wrote are tough and prickly on the outside and super fluffy inside. Just look at Cassandra.

But back to our companions. Maia is a soldier through and through. And well Aloth is a squishy mage who wears a skirt, even Durance makes fun of him for that in the first game.

So I have a question. If you had to do face claims for companions - who would you choose? 

I've been watching Avengers and couldn't shake the feeling that Aloth reminds me of Loki/Tom Hiddleston. I think its the hair and the robes mainly, not the face, but still.

I know Eder was inspired by some actor already... but I don't remember which one.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1

face claims ? what is that ?  :huh:

and thanx for ruining Morrigan for meh.....

So Maia = Cass then ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Didn't you friendmance Morrigan? Thats one of the first things she tells you.  :grin:

Face claims - if you would pair a character's appearance with any real world actor/singer/famous person - who would you pick?

face claims ? what is that ?  :huh:

and thanx for ruining Morrigan for meh.....

So Maia = Cass then ? 

I don't see Maia secretly squeal over a romance novel, nor any sort of book come to think of it. Sten fits better: they're both soldiers who firmly believe in their country and have an extremely deadpan sense of humor. Also, Sten + barkspawn = Maia + Ishiza

• Like 1

Someone needs to try bribing Maia with cookies. That will definitely confirm if she's the Sten equivalent.

+10 internet points if you use "darkest Rauatai cookies" for the attempt. She has to like them if they're from Rauatai, right? ;)

Edited by Taevyr

Didn't you friendmance Morrigan? Thats one of the first things she tells you.  :grin:

Face claims - if you would pair a character's appearance with any real world actor/singer/famous person - who would you pick?

Let me tell you a story : DAO..crashed for me , and it's still crashing for me to this day due to DirectX 9 and optimization of the game itself . I have done 1 playtrough of it that I was able to finish with 1000+ crash . So , I remember Morrigan...I remember the general story and Leliana and yada yada...

But I won't be able to quote stuff , since the game left me bitter like hell due to crashing . 

And everytime my friend get me in the mood..I'm never able to get past Ostagar due to crashing . It just kill the mood to play...

Anyway...whining aside lol 

you mean face claims all of them or just pick one ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Ok Ok..

How about : 

This guy for Éder (his name is Charlie Hunnam)

Blonde-Quiff-Cowlick-500x667.jpg

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

Aloth's kind of a tough one because Bioware doesn't really do repressed, neurotic characters very often, unless I'm forgetting some. 

Merrill maybe?

But she's more like the naive Aloth of the first game and not the eye-rolling-helicopter of the second game.

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

Oh hellloooo, Jax Teller! :biggrin:

...ahem. Anyway, nah, Merrill is your classic Manic Dream Pixie Girl, although -- maybe it's just me -- of endearing rather than irritating sort. Aloth is more like, I dunno... either Carth Onasi from KOTOR or that dreadful  killjoy Cullen from DA:I?

(Sorry, Aloth.  Even with all your eyerolling action you do not deserve to be compared to Carth and Cullen. Sorry. Sorry)

• Like 3

I'm not gonna spam big pictures , so...

for Aloth : it's kinda hard since..y'know..elf . I personally will go for asian for his look . 

This guy for Aloth : https://data.whicdn.com/images/54690428/large.jpg

And his name is : David Chiang . 

---

For Xoti , I pick Audrey Tautou (french Actress) 

Here: https://images6.alphacoders.com/683/683525.jpg

--

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller