Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  technically Haer'Dalis was supposed to be a romance too, but he was cut.

But that Aerie tryst was hilarious. I am actually thankful for the mods in BG, they add so much to the game, although I had other preferences than the aforementioned.

I think this comic relates to Eder's fans right now. 

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I think this comic relates to Eder's fans right now. 

I admit I'm guilty of having a couple of "I am the PC here!" moments myself. The number of Tekehu's ex girlfriends we run into tends to become overwhelming lol. 

• Like 2

The number of Tekehu's ex girlfriends we run into tends to become overwhelming lol.

Heh, yeah. When I got to the ending slides in my Tekehu run and saw "He has work to do in the Deadfire, but his heart - and, he insists, the rest of him - is yours," I couldn't help a sneaking feeling of disbelief. Are committed relationships even a thing with the Huana? The game seems to imply they're not.

• Like 7

haha oh..this is too funny not to share...

Dd0wwgXVwAE9Mdy.jpg

• Like 7
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

If you talk to that Wahaki guy in Ori o Koki about his relationship with ranga, and you have Tekehu with you, he mentions something like them not even knowing the concept of marriage.

So I assume its free love for all.

Tekehu is... too fleeting. I wouldn't trust anything he says about where his heart is.  :grin:

• Like 3
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

ya know...

HE IS NAAAAAAAAAKED! who gonna ask for a mod to add some Pants in Inventory ? Statue Sized ! So you can run after him and wave them '' For all the gods sake! At least put on some pants ! EOTHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! everyone can see your wee wee !!! ''  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

m'kay..tis for all who love Édeeeeeer..aka Kaidan  :lol:

tumblr_orp6bgFVY01unrz44o1_1280.jpg

• Like 3

Elderly Hive Dweller

Tekehu is... too fleeting. I wouldn't trust anything he says about where his heart is.  :grin:

I can trust what he says about his heart, but his other parts... not so much.

Exactly, his heart ends up in his other parts eventually

I think Xoti suffers from Liara/Leliana syndrome. Sometimes the characters end up "too special" because the writers get carried away. Her dispositions with the party members make no sense and make others come out as hypocritical, and she even has additional epilogues in terms of relationships with other companions (Maia, Eder). Nobody else gets that much attention, not even returning companions.

I don't mind, but I'd rather all companions were treated equally. Because different characters resonate with different people.

About two minutes after meeting Xoti, I really thought whoever wrote her just finished DA:O and had really taken a shine to Leliana. Religious female cloudcuckoolander whose god sends her prophetic dreams? Who's struggling with her "inner darkness", in which the player can effectively decide whether she gives in or not? It's all in there!

I really liked those characters when i was 18 and first playing DA:O. Now, i feel like fate threw the human equivalent of a puppy in my party: sure, she's kind of adorable, fun to be around, and makes your big brother/sister instinct kick in; But she's also lacking in common sense, seems to be in love with EVERYONE, and can even go rabid post-game if you make the wrong choices.

And just like with a puppy, you can't even leave them behind because you'd feel terrible.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 4

My character was honest and benevolent too. Guess what? Aloth was the only companion she ever hit -1 with. I had to use that Dunnage exploit to get to +1. Meanwhile Serafen who is a bloody pirate was an instant +2. 

Just because you are not experiencing this problem doesn't mean it's not there.

I did say the system is bugged af right now. nowhere did I say it's anyone's fault if something is bugged for any of you. only pointed out that those who think Aloth changed to a judgmental arse in this game didn't get his personality in the first game, nothing more.

On another unrelated note, Aloth's personality in Deadfire is flawed, and if you like it, that's fine, but it doesn't mean people who don't, "don't understand him". His dispositions make no sense. He's supposed to be pro kith autonomy, but admires zealots and people who do dubious things simply because they are told to, at the same time he apparently has no opinion on slavery and complains about Tekehu being irresponsible, but doesn't like it when he is responsible, because then he's too traditional, which is bad while being religious or nationalistic is not, unless it's Tekehu doing it. So at the end of the day, he's either broken or supposed to be obnoxious/hypocritical, which arguably considering his Iselmyr aspect, might be the case. I could go on but I can't be bothered, it's not like it hasn't already been said.

like above, broken. he's supposed to have contradicting dispositions, but not at the same time. makes perfect sense to me considering Eder is supposed to as well, their dispositions are depended on PoE1 endings. that doesn't make his personality flawed in any way.

to me he was still the same as in the first game, albeit slightly changed - and I mean slightly, not to the point you people seem to think - more open about his opinions and less concerned about what he can say (I mean, you already know he's a liar, why would he worry you'd do anything if you didn't before), regardless of his disposition. altho him disliking/liking contradicting things was confusing at first, I admit... and then it became ridiculously funny imo. gotta wait for a patch for that one.

as for Tekehu... I can see why someone like Aloth can not stand someone with Tekehu's personality, even if it's just them breathing the same air. nothing against Shark Man, I'm just saying I get Aloth. whether it is actually a bug tho is hard to say, guess we'll see. not like our wizard wasn't hypocritical before anyway.

• Like 1

Dude, she has, like, a hundred thousand kids. You really wanna deal with that?

She also NAGS SO MUCH even without being married to you.

Can you imagine the nagging after marriage?

It's suicide!

wrong! it's murder...she won't nag..just split you in two...and you still will have to clean up after that !  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

Xoti = Leliana ? (really?)

Éder = Alistair 

Tekehu = Zevran ?

Maia = Morrigan

Aloth = Sten 

Seraf = that dwarf that drink ? 

:w00t:

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'd switch Aloth and Maia. And the name you're looking for is Oghren. What about Shale and Dog? Don't they get to play in the Deadfire party?

*shrug*..

Dog is bird...and Shale...there aren't that many companions in deadfire to go full cast look alike . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Aloth is definitely Morrigan, and Maia does fit Sten - deadpan snark and will murder you in a heartbeat.

I don't think Serafen fits any, Oghren became too obnoxious and Serafen is way too nice. I'd say he is more... Sigrun?

Shale would get along superbly with Hylea though.