Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

The second time you see her on the roof there is a line where you can say to her: "You've been in my head since we first met" 

And she responds:

"Ah...ekera, but listen how the Watcher flatters me!" 

"I cannot plant a seed in untilled soil. Ekera, I want for there to be trust between us. The trading companies send spies to every corner of the mountain, I say there are places they cannot go."

But until the end of the game i saw no other similar line option even when playing FULL Huana faction  :shifty:

What do you think ? 

Does anyone else enjoy clicking on the companion portraits over and over until you get their "Stop clicking me" dialogue?

I love it.

That thing still around? I tried for so long and it didn't pop up compared to PoE 1 that takes only a few clicks.

Ok this is gonna sound somewhat silly but I wish we could get to know Berath (without the dwarf bit...so Pallid Knight only?) better... I mean she's strong (god, right?) and has got that dark warrior look going, which is awesome. I really like her character model at the intro. A little less creepy dead vibes and more life and skincare and we're good!

Plus she's got a grip on our heart with that chime, has us following her orders, and asks what we are up to all the time... I mean we're practically married at this point.

• Like 1

Ok this is gonna sound somewhat silly but I wish we could get to know Berath (without the dwarf bit...so Pallid Knight only?) better... I mean she's strong (god, right?) and has got that dark warrior look going, which is awesome. I really like her character model at the intro. A little less creepy dead vibes and more life and skincare and we're good!

Plus she's got a grip on our heart with that chime, has us following her orders, and asks what we are up to all the time... I mean we're practically married at this point.

hands off...saw her first.....mineminemineminemine  :biggrin: and unlike you..I take as is  :brows:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

hands off...saw her first.....mineminemineminemine  :biggrin: and unlike you..I take as is  :brows:

First? Hey, I didn't see you singing her praises here, you sneaky you! :D Buuut it's good to know there are those with good taste out there! :)

First? Hey, I didn't see you singing her praises here, you sneaky you! :D Buuut it's good to know there are those with good taste out there! :)

I did..but..it was in the previous thread that got locked...

Hell yeah! #BerathforVromance  :wub:

You know..when she said 'One part' then..say something like that wrinkly dude was the 2nd part..kinda remind me of the Gemini . Make me wonder if the others God has anything like that.....

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Considering the way our watcher is treated.

Berath deals in slavery. #SerafenforPoE3confirmed

what? 

Oh come on now...

you are seeing slavery everywhere so seraf can tag along  :lol: smart I give you that ! 

Elderly Hive Dweller

I can already imagine dialogue choices where we show her the beauty of freedom and get her to give up on slavery... Unless it's the player only, then it may be ok...

Edit: besides, when are you 100% free in a relationship? :D

Edited by Teacher

They missed the chance to write that fun line of dialogue in.

"How you be feeling working as a herald for the goddess of death, cap?"

"Like a slave. [clever]"

"I knew there was something special about this boat trip all along."

• Like 1

I can already imagine dialogue choices where we show her the beauty of freedom and get her to give up on slavery... Unless it's the player only, then it may be ok...

Edit: besides, when are you 100% free in a relationship? :D

ohhh! *Raise hand* Pick meh! I know that one! *Ahem*..when you are a in a bathroom!  :biggrin:

Elderly Hive Dweller

The second time you see her on the roof there is a line where you can say to her: "You've been in my head since we first met" 

And she responds:

"I cannot plant a seed in untilled soil. Ekera, I want for there to be trust between us. The trading companies send spies to every corner of the mountain, I say there are places they cannot go."

But until the end of the game i saw no other similar line option even when playing FULL Huana faction  :shifty:

What do you think ? 

now I'm gonna obsess....thanx alot... :w00t:

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pale white skin

Black Hair

Undistinguished age outside very old

Stoic and impassable

Has a thing for bells, chimes and wearing all black

and I suspect, going by Magran not recognizing Durance because his soul was damaged, that gods see people via their soul...

*cough*Grieving Mother*cough*

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

That sounds to me like "I cannot manipulate you right now. Dangit, you gotta trust me more so I could."

She gets annoyed really quickly if you do anything that may not be in Huana's interest.

She's already in a relationship with the dream of ancient Huana glory.

Edit: Oh and that flatters me line is a cover up so that people around you (possible spies) don't catch on...

Edited by Teacher

''I cannot plant a seed in untilled soil'' . That translate to me as 'enter in a relationship in a world (Untilled soil) that's chaotic (with others faction) . ''I say there are places they cannot go'' as in they can spy on me , in my palace and everywhere else save for in my heart . At least that's how I see it . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pale white skin

Black Hair

Stoic and impassable

and I suspect, going by Magran not recognizing Durance because his soul was damaged, that gods see people via their soul...

Though, doesn't she prefer Hylea's choice for the Hollowborn instead of Berath's?

Grieving Mother is the best though.

Edited by Juodas Varnas

''I cannot plant a seed in untilled soil'' . That translate to me as 'enter in a relationship in a world (Untilled soil) that's chaotic (with others faction) . ''I say there are places they cannot go'' as in they can spy on me , in my palace and everywhere else save for in my heart . At least that's how I see it . 

I prefer to think of them as sexual innuendos.

I prefer to think of them as sexual innuendos.

waaaaaaaaaaaay wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early for that...I need more coffee now.. :lol:

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pale white skin

Black Hair

Stoic and impassable

No... Could it... Noo... But why would... I mean... Can't be Berath though right? She wasn't favoring wheel option at all...

But the parallels man... Seriously. No wonder I liked her so much in 1.

Pale white skin

Black Hair

Stoic and impassable

Though, doesn't she prefer Hylea's choice for the Hollowborn instead of Berath's?

Grieving Mother is the best though.

Yes, but many of the Hollowborns are dead... the Grieving Mother backgrounds is that she manipulated a whole village to think their kids were still alive so they wouldn't kill them (which by the way is cipher power to a level we haven't see anywhere).

Even her "name" Grieving Mother represent both lost/death and birth/new life.

Although, I original though she was just some sort of follower of Berath the first time I had the bell/chimes association at the start of Deadfire who focus on death->life instead of life->death, but the more I think about it....

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

while the aboves points seem almost right...

why would berath do that though ? Isn't she the god of death? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

And she responds:

What do you think ?

I don't know Onekaza, can I? If you'll come with me, I'll happily show you my Junk, it's quite large and well kept but in definite need of a good polishing.

Also the captain's quarters are kind of snazzy.