Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Speaking of Aloth, how do I make his quest progress? It's been ages since his initial "Let me check my notes" excuse, I've done Hasongo, half of the faction quests and explored like 3/4 of the map, but he still wouldn't tell me what to do next. 

His quest island is Ori o Koiki, it's to the far northwest. Make sure to read the soul on a derelict ship near it.

Edited by Aramintai

His quest island is Ori o Koiki, it's to the far northwest. Make sure to read the soul on a derelict ship near it.

Thanks. Isn't it the island where Onekaza sends us to negotiate with the isolationist huana tribe? 

Thanks. Isn't it the island where Onekaza sends us to negotiate with the isolationist huana tribe? 

The very same. It's actually good to do both quests simultaneously. His quest and the Queen's, or alternatively the slavers'. But the one from the Queen gives you favor with the tribe leader, so she's more prone to answering some questions.

Edited by Aramintai

I really don't think Pallegina should be coming back anymore. If she does, PoE III has to allow us to kill the gods. Something like them becoming so desperate and using the plans to sacrifice all godlike/take over their bodies which will open a whole new branch for Pallegina outside "MUH COUNTRY".

As good idea as any for the sequel.

Btw, gods are total **** to their godlike. It was mentioned by the gods that Eothas drained most of his while stomping to Deadfire, and other gods were discussing doing the same or possessing them. So if I were Pallegina I'd want to kill them too.

It's not that they are **** with their godlikes. It's that the gods don't have enough power to deal with Eothas without siphoning more soul energy and their godlikes have direct tethers to them making that easy. The other choice is what Thaos was doing in POE1 to power up Woedica and they don't have the time for it. Hylea even mention that if they haven't left their bodies behind it would have been easier.

As for Pallegina, I can see her coming back among a faction of the Republic who wants to fix the Wheel and cut it from the gods.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Actually, iirc, he talked about it after Hasongo.

I've had the quest trigger in different spots, but there seems to be a failsafe trigger for it after Ashen Maw. That's where it popped up in my speedrun game (Port Maje -> Ashen Maw -> Neketaka (automatically) -> Ukaizo).

As for Pallegina, I can see her coming back among a faction of the Republic who wants to fix the Wheel and cut it from the gods.

Yea, the Republics and their animancers so far are the best bet at fixing it (if you choose them), judging from the ending slides. That may leave a door open for Pallegina to return.

Yea, the Republics and their animancers so far are the best bet at fixing it (if you choose them), judging from the ending slides. That may leave a door open for Pallegina to return.

I like the animancers in the second game, but siding with the Republics... i don't know.

Anyone knows how to get a good ending with Pallegina without siding with the Republics? I don't want to get her banished again, but I'd rather help the Huana (for all their faults) or go solo. Both Republics and Rauatai have slavery, and that is something thats a no-go for me.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I like the animancers in the second game, but siding with the Republics... i don't know.

Anyone knows how to get a good ending with Pallegina without siding with the Republics? I don't want to get her banished again, but I'd rather help the Huana (for all their faults) or go solo. Both Republics and Rauatai have slavery, and that is something thats a no-go for me.

And the Huana with their Roparu-slaves is any better?

All the factions are terrible in their own rights.

• Like 1

Depends what you means by "good ending".

If you side with no one, the Deadfire has a worst statu quo (Huana and Rauatai are fighting over Ukaizo, the Vaillain swoop in to collect and there are more pirates), but Pallegina is not banished. She does gets a remote posting in the Republic though (which she might not mind truly).

Note that if you got Pallegina banished in POE1, she's not supposed to stick with you unless you pick VTC or go solo (according to Josh on something awful).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Yeah the caste system in Huana is horrible too. But idk I feel like it can change as they advance? 

I agree all factions are essentially terrible :(

If you side with no one, the Deadfire has a worst statu quo (Huana and Rauatai are fighting over Ukaizo, the Vaillain swoop in to collect and there are more pirates), but Pallegina is not banished. She does gets a remote posting in the Republic though (which she might not mind truly).

Note that if you got Pallegina banished in POE1, she's not supposed to stick with you unless you pick VTC or go solo (according to Josh on something awful).

Yeah she got banished but was taken back by the Republics since my canon is give souls to Dyrwood to strengthen it as per Galawain.

By "good" I mean staying in the Republics in a capacity of more than ship guard.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Well even Pallegina consider you a champion and the best camirata something ever if you don't side with anyone and she is neither punished or rewarded. Instead, she even starts smiling because she starts to enjoy life more and get to meet with Giacolo once in awhile. I do consider that the best possible situation when freaking Pallegina is smiling.

Well even Pallegina consider you a champion and the best camirata something ever if you don't side with anyone and she is neither punished or rewarded. Instead, she even starts smiling because she starts to enjoy life more and get to meet with Giacolo once in awhile. I do consider that the best possible situation when freaking Pallegina is smiling.

Agreed. 

Well, looks like its solo for me then. Thanks!

And the Huana with their Roparu-slaves is any better?

Which is why I kill all the pirates then let the rest of them fight it out. :devil:  Let them tear each other to pieces.

Exactly, it's just a matter of personal preference whom to choose. Personally, I didn't like the cop out no-faction choice or the Principi as it's terrible for the region and unhelpful to whoever would wish to study Ukaizo for the Wheel fixing. So for me it's the Vailian Republics because:

1)Pallegina is my buddy;

2)Their animancy resereachers are the best in the world;

3)They're not stuck in outdated traditions, believe that trade brings progress and don't have to resort to military force to conquer other nations.

• Like 1

Exactly, it's just a matter of personal preference whom to choose. Personally, I didn't like the cop out no-faction choice or the Principi as it's terrible for the region and unhelpful to whoever would wish to study Ukaizo for the Wheel fixing. So for me it's the Vailian Republics because:

1)Pallegina is my buddy;

2)Their animancy resereachers are the best in the world;

3)They're not stuck in outdated traditions, believe that trade brings progress and don't have to resort to military force to conquer other nations.

Mhmmm, the Vaillians seem like the Fallout's NCR in Deadfire, with their bureaucracy and whatnot, though there's no Caesar's Legion to make the choice easier, as the RDC is nowhere near is mustache-twirling as those guys.

Probably not the worst choice. I don't like Pallegina though, so...

Edited by Juodas Varnas

Technically Vailians are mining luminous adra like crazy, which arguably isn't the best idea for the world either.

Mhmmm, the Vaillians seem like the Fallout's NCR in Deadfire, with their bureaucracy and whatnot, though there's no Caesar's Legion to make the choice easier, as the RDC is nowhere near is mustache-twirling as those guys.

Uh RDC solves everything with murder and their canons, they are like that giant bully with overwhelming firepower that wants to colonize everything. 

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2

There really is no good answer when it comes to faction choice.

The pirates are outlaw. They just want the treasure and it gives them more power to do whatever they want in the future.

The Ruantai will just conquer everyone and rule with an iron fist like a dictator.

The Huana have the terrible caste system and like Tekehu may have wanted, Huana working together and discovering their own ways is the only way for them to truly move forward.

And Vailian treat souls like market goods. Won't be surprising if they start pricing giving birth to kids and unless you are rich, you are not allowed to have children. Animancy needs to be controlled so keeping them out of Ukaizo is needed.

As long as they keep fighting, each of them will have to discover new tricks and innovation which is how you will accelerate their growth in their own ways.

• Like 1

Technically Vailians are mining luminous adra like crazy, which arguably isn't the best idea for the world either.

Uh RDC solves everything with murder and their canons, they are like that giant bully with overwhelming firepower that wants to colonize everything. 

Sure... Sure...

But they give you a submarine.

That's a big plus.

I think Pallegina can keep her posting if you side with Huana, and director Castol is still in charge. That way he puts in a word for her. Now, I have no idea how to keep Castol for that ending, because Onekaza banished him to the Gullet after framing him for blowing up the powderhouse (and Pallegina ends up disgraced and banished, again *sigh*).

I also agree that all factions are terrible in their own way, but at least in my Huana ending things started to improve for Roparu. 

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 1

Sure... Sure...

But they give you a submarine.

That's a big plus.

Haha, I prefer to steal a Ghost Ship just because of the cool factor, and then dump the pirates to kill each other.

There really is no good answer when it comes to faction choice.

The pirates are outlaw. They just want the treasure and it gives them more power to do whatever they want in the future.

The Ruantai will just conquer everyone and rule with an iron fist like a dictator.

The Huana have the terrible caste system and like Tekehu may have wanted, Huana working together and discovering their own ways is the only way for them to truly move forward.

And Vailian treat souls like market goods. Won't be surprising if they start pricing giving birth to kids and unless you are rich, you are not allowed to have children. Animancy needs to be controlled so keeping them out of Ukaizo is needed.

As long as they keep fighting, each of them will have to discover new tricks and innovation which is how you will accelerate their growth in their own ways.

Despite their caste system I still feel like Huana are the ones who are closer to a remotely "good" faction. Its even represented by the companions. Tekehu is arguably the most honest and kind companion out of all of them. Maia cares only about RDC representatives, Pallegina only about Vailians, everyone else is irrelevant, and Tekehu is the only one who actually wants to help others, whether those are RDC, VTC, or others. 

I kinda thought it was representative, but maybe I am wrong.

Now, I have no idea how to keep Castol for that ending, because Onekaza banished him to the Gullet after framing him for blowing up the powderhouse (and Pallegina ends up disgraced and banished, again *sigh*).

You do it this way: go to the RDC before anyone else and refuse to assassinate the queen. They'll attack you. When you've killed them all, go to the palace and the queen will thank you for your aid and lend a few watershapers to help reach Ukaizo. There's no need to frame anyone.

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 3

I also agree that all factions are terrible in their own way, but at least in my Huana ending things started to improve for Roparu. 

If you mean the Gullet it's good ending is not connected with siding with them, just gotta convince the Huana rulers to finally tend to it in a side quest. You can still side with anybody else, the ending will stay good.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1