Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Do any of the characters you romance stay with you in the end game slides or is all the same. They go off to do their thing and you do yours even though, technically, you stay together? As that is how Xoti's seems to end.

From what's been datamined - only Aloth's stays as an option.

Yes but you have to make sure you tell him to stop trying to reform/destroy the Leaden Key otherwise he goes off and does that. Which knowing Aloth will probably end up with him getting killed -_-

Is it even explained how Vela survived the destruction of Caed Nua when nobody else did? 

She had that invulnerability shield all the little brats in fallout 4 had.

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 3

Do any of the characters you romance stay with you in the end game slides or is all the same. They go off to do their thing and you do yours even though, technically, you stay together? As that is how Xoti's seems to end.

From what's been datamined - only Aloth's stays as an option.

Yes but you have to make sure you tell him to stop trying to reform/destroy the Leaden Key otherwise he goes off and does that. Which knowing Aloth will probably end up with him getting killed -_-

Either way, staying with the Watcher or continuing his "Leaden Key" endeavors is a good hook for him to be in the sequel. 

• Like 1

Yeah Aloth is closest to returning, but to be honest I think if the writers decide to bring others they will come up with something. So whatever companions do in the ending slides would be written into some sort of return path.

Eder is logical in Deadfire because Eothas, Pallegina... kind of, Aloth is the least logical, his quest and his appearance are weirdly random. 

As for Vela, I wouldn't mind her growing up a bit and becoming companion. Didn't Orlan babies grow up faster? She's definitely not 5 in Deadfire, she looks older.

Btw does anyone even recruit sidekicks? I only took Rekke because I wanted to see his dialogue (and that was still underwhelming) and others for achievement. Next playtrhough wouldnt even bother getting them on my ship, since no dialogue - no deal.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

As for Vela, I wouldn't mind her growing up a bit and becoming companion. Didn't Orlan babies grow up faster? She's definitely not 5 in Deadfire, she looks older.

She's ~5, but Orlans are considered teenagers between 5 and 13 years old, looks like they age faster. I learned that today.

I recruited some of the sidekicks, but didn't use them. They shows up during naval combat with the other not-in-the-party companions. Fessina has some comments with her ex-boss too.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I say we band together to make sure Serafen top the #1 popularity poll.

hqbtRL6.png

tumblr_inline_ndlyzu9zoI1qi4std.gif

• Like 4
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

if Aloth come back..let's hope he has more dialogues...and no more Leaden key nonsense...

• Like 5
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

#UnpopularOpinion, but i think that Serafen is an awful companion. Awful stats, boring quest and he's the most clichéd character in any Obsidian game i've ever played (seriously, he's like the most stereotypical pirate archetype ever, except that he's a hairy smurf)

• Like 1

#UnpopularOpinion, but i think that Serafen is an awful companion. Awful stats, boring quest and he's the most clichéd character in any Obsidian game i've ever played (seriously, he's like the most stereotypical pirate archetype ever, except that he's a hairy smurf)

hairy smurf is fine..

But his quest is boring . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

if Aloth come back..let's hope he has more dialogues...and no more Leaden key nonsense...

That second part is entirely in your control. Just tell him to stop, and he will! #AlothBestCompanion

it's bugged to hell for me..so couldn't even see how it end... :getlost:

I do like him and (elysm) , but I like to think there is more to him then chasing after Leaden key from POE1....

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

She's ~5, but Orlans are considered teenagers between 5 and 13 years old, looks like they age faster. I learned that today.

I recruited some of the sidekicks, but didn't use them. They shows up during naval combat with the other not-in-the-party companions. Fessina has some comments with her ex-boss too.

Ah yeah I meant more "mental age" than physical. She is five because five years have passed, but I thought that Orlans lived shorter lives so mature early. 

The sidekicks just end up as furniture on the ship, and I am using my tiny sloop so with all those animals they are just taking space. Idk I feel they were useless investment. They should have given us one full-fledged companion instead of 4 (now 5) sidekicks.

Re-Serafen - I would be happy if he came back, I like him he is a bro, and his quest broke my heart. I wouldn't want him taking space of other returning companions tho, but I'm biased towards Eder/Aloth/Pallegina.

For me it was Iselmyr nonsense. She was fun in the first game, second game she gets old. I think I'm keeping supressed Iselmyr as canon playthrough.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Sometime, you don't need to be a super deep and complex character to be the best character. Serafen is like that one friend you won't mind hanging around and keeping in contact with every day because he makes your day a lot more pleasant.

It's kinda why we like Eder. He isn't exactly that complex. Everything with him is rather linear and dumb but we like him because he's hilarious and fun to be with, which is why he's an iconic now.

• Like 1

I really don't think Pallegina should be coming back anymore. If she does, PoE III has to allow us to kill the gods. Something like them becoming so desperate and using the plans to sacrifice all godlike/take over their bodies which will open a whole new branch for Pallegina outside "MUH COUNTRY".

• Like 2

Btw does anyone even recruit sidekicks? I only took Rekke because I wanted to see his dialogue (and that was still underwhelming) and others for achievement. Next playtrhough wouldnt even bother getting them on my ship, since no dialogue - no deal.

They're useful for boarding ships - instead of your generic crew members taking a hit they're the ones who do the fighting.

I'm kind of afraid of what they'll do to Pallegina if they bring her back in the next game. Poor woman has been honored, banished, re-hired, re-banished, lost at sea, sent back to the Dyrwood, etc., etc... :blink:

I didn't like her in the first game and i still don't like her in Deadfire. It's also really funny how easy it is to piss her off so much that she just straight up leaves you, no ifs, no buts. I didn't even notice how quickly i got her to -2 by playing my more pious Priestly character. I don't think she even got to go on board my ship, before leaving me, she got pissed THAT quickly.

I miss Durance.

• Like 3

I really don't think Pallegina should be coming back anymore. If she does, PoE III has to allow us to kill the gods. Something like them becoming so desperate and using the plans to sacrifice all godlike/take over their bodies which will open a whole new branch for Pallegina outside "MUH COUNTRY".

As good idea as any for the sequel.

Btw, gods are total **** to their godlike. It was mentioned by the gods that Eothas drained most of his while stomping to Deadfire, and other gods were discussing doing the same or possessing them. So if I were Pallegina I'd want to kill them too.

I'm kind of afraid of what they'll do to Pallegina if they bring her back in the next game. Poor woman has been honored, banished, re-hired, re-banished, lost at sea, sent back to the Dyrwood, etc., etc... :blink:

I didn't like her in the first game and i still don't like her in Deadfire. It's also really funny how easy it is to piss her off so much that she just straight up leaves you, no ifs, no buts. I didn't even notice how quickly i got her to -2 by playing my more pious Priestly character. I don't think she even got to go on board my ship, before leaving me, she got pissed THAT quickly.

I miss Durance.

Man she ended up going back to defiance bay disgraced in my game. I wouldn't be surprised if in POE3 she immediately tried to stab my protagonist. :lol:

• Like 2

It's also really funny how easy it is to piss her off so much that she just straight up leaves you, no ifs, no buts. I didn't even notice how quickly i got her to -2 by playing my more pious Priestly character. I don't think she even got to go on board my ship, before leaving me, she got pissed THAT quickly.

Yeah, she's really gonna hate my priest PCs (when I finally get around to playing them), which is a shame because she's my second favorite companion. But it should make for an interesting conversation.

Yea, that whole thing about ruling/dismantling a world spanning secret organization single handedly without a clue where they are or how they operate sounded pretty dumb in POE1 already. But I guess Aloth needed a final closure. I'm glad there is an option in POE2 for him to let it go.

• Like 3

Speaking of Aloth, how do I make his quest progress? It's been ages since his initial "Let me check my notes" excuse, I've done Hasongo, half of the faction quests and explored like 3/4 of the map, but he still wouldn't tell me what to do next. 

• Like 1