Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Man I managed to save Pallegina's friend but my god I don't think I could've did it without 2 mages. The cc was soooo necessary to keep him from being one shot.

There are easier ways to do it - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99140-a-man-of-chimes-quest-how-do-i-save-giacolo/?p=2019569

Dang it if only I didn't hate dragging Xoti around.

Giacolo would gladly sacrifice himself to spare you the pain of taking Xoti out on a mission.

you have nothing to be sorry about.

• Like 2

Man I managed to save Pallegina's friend but my god I don't think I could've did it without 2 mages. The cc was soooo necessary to keep him from being one shot.

There are easier ways to do it - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99140-a-man-of-chimes-quest-how-do-i-save-giacolo/?p=2019569

Giacolo would gladly sacrifice himself to spare you the pain of taking Xoti out on a mission.

Nah my PC and Aloth managed to CC the whole room long enough for Pallegina, Eder and Takehu to clean up.

Nah my PC and Aloth managed to CC the whole room long enough for Pallegina, Eder and Takehu to clean up.

Oh, nice job. Giacolo died in my game, but I feel like Pallegina appreciated that we tried at least.

I really like having talks with her in this game. She kinda steals the shows, when it comes to companions. 

Oh, nice job. Giacolo died in my game, but I feel like Pallegina appreciated that we tried at least.

I really like having talks with her in this game. She kinda steals the shows, when it comes to companions. 

Yeah she was super pleased we managed to save him so it made that frustration worth it. Plus that necklace (though it's waaaay better on the watcher than on her).

You can save him without fighting them. Its a bit of an ass to figure it out, but its possible.

• Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Options I've taken that allowed me to save both him and his research:

Good, distribute to everyone, allow to continue and don't kill him.

pretty much in that order and you save him . 

Btw..all you meany outta there , being mean to cutie pie Xotie...

I'm Hexing ya all!

Beware! Ya gonna wake up in tha morning with HAIRY FEETS! MUAHAHAHAHAHA 

hobbit_feet_rect.jpg

*cough*...

tha best I can do...sowwy!  :biggrin:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Just answer 1 2 1 1 and you can save him and his research. No fight and even Pallegina go "Dafuq?"

Edited by Zeitzbach

I love Pallegina, always have her with me. But I did tell her off in that dialogue with Tekehu, only because Tekehu is a pampered child and that gesture was extremely harmless. I kinda feel like when you're older you should be smarter, raging at someone like that for a harmless gesture of trying to be nice to you isn't a good thing.

Other than that I do understand her, she can rage all she wants because I completely agree with her. My Watcher is extremely anti-gods.

Come to think of it, thats the reason Xoti stays on the boat most of the time. I like her, but her stupid belief in gods (without questioning anything rational) gets on my nerves. Not very much into pious people.

I would just straight up not buy this game, if Durance were in it.

So would I, I loved Durance. He was very different to the usual good/sarcastic/pretty/normal characters we get.

but didn't she say he was trying to convert her though ?? 

I don't think he was trying to convert her, I went more neutral and also towards telling Tekehu off gently in this route and his approval afterwards went to +1 with Pallegina. He understands his view of the world is clouded by the expectations and pampering he had placed upon him and so understood what he did was inappropriate. I love Pallegina to bits but she is quite pompous sometimes and not very open minded. 

Just answer 1 2 1 1 and you can save him and his research. No fight and even Pallegina go "Dafuq?"

But I got that and got all those fools gear :p

Finished the game, skipping a lot of the content (like most of the faction stuff, lol, I didn't even explore all the map). Kinda sad that if you don't do companion's quest, they don't have terrible endings like in POE1. At least nothing was spoiled this time, in POE1 I benched Aloth the whole game and never did his quest and I learn his secret while watching the ending slides.

Now waiting for patch and maybe the first DLC before making a Magran follower with a Rauatai background who is going to romance Maia, go RDC4Life! and use guns.

My biggest problem here is that I love Pallegina and going RDC is a big no-no for her. I guess we can't have everything.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Finished the game, skipping a lot of the content (like most of the faction stuff, lol, I didn't even explore all the map). Kinda sad that if you don't do companion's quest, they don't have terrible endings like in POE1. At least nothing was spoiled this time, in POE1 I benched Aloth the whole game and never did his quest and I learn his secret while watching the ending slides.

Now waiting for patch and maybe the first DLC before making a Magran follower with a Rauatai background who is going to romance Maia, go RDC4Life! and use guns.

My biggest problem here is that I love Pallegina and going RDC is a big no-no for her. I guess we can't have everything.

Ohhhhhhhh make a fire godlike ! hot head , bold and reckless that sulk alot when she doesn't get her way just like Magran!  :biggrin:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Kinda sad that if you don't do companion's quest, they don't have terrible endings like in POE1. 

Aloth does.

If you don't do his quest, he gets himself killed on Ori o Koiki.

And not all companions in PoE1 had terrible endings if you didn't finish their quests either, only Kana and Durance, iirc. 

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 2

Kinda sad that if you don't do companion's quest, they don't have terrible endings like in POE1.

Aloth does.

And not all companions in PoE1 had terrible endings if you didn't finish their quests either, only Kana and Durance, iirc.

I didn't finish Aloth quest and that's not what happened. I didn't move past getting his quest though. Xoti

ended up High Priestess

...I was totally expecting the bad ending there.

And you forgot Aloth for POE1, sorta, you have to banishing him...

Ohhhhhhhh make a fire godlike ! hot head , bold and reckless that sulk alot when she doesn't get her way just like Magran!  :biggrin:

That's less or more the idea. My current character was a smartass scientists Orlan Chanter. Explaining what was a storm to the ship crew was like trying to explain a painting to someone blind...I want my next character to be more brawn than brain.

• Like 1

Aloth does.

I didn't finish Aloth quest and that's not what happened. I didn't move past getting his quest though. Xoti

ended up High Priestess

That's less or more the idea. My current character was a smartass scientists Orlan Chanter. Explaining what was a storm to the ship crew was like trying to explain a painting to someone blind...I want my next character to be more brawn than brain.

AH! thats the priestess of Magran I'm gonna make..should be fun!

I also have a Priestess of Berath...she is so very brooooody......rarely talk and when she does..it's all about embracing death  :lol: nobody wanna drink with her..boo! 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

ended up High Priestess

Did you find a merchant ship ransaked by the Wahaki with him in the party? Maybe if he doesn't know where to go, he doesn't get in over his head. Or it could be totally bugged, like those ending slides I got for Tekehu made it so as if my Watcher dumped him, when in fact I didn't even romance him.

I didn't, since his personal quest has nothing to do with this ending.

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 1

ended up High Priestess

Did you find a merchant ship ransaked by the Wahaki with him in the party? Maybe if he doesn't know where to go, he doesn't get in over his head. Or it could be totally bugged, like those the ending slides I got for Tekehu made it so as if my Watcher dumped him, when I in fact I didn't even romance him.

I didn't, since his personal quest has nothing to do with this ending.

Aloth personal quest is really super duper bugged . I personally found the ship with him and was never able to finish it , and got a slider where he is all fine and dandy . So yeah..it's bugged . 

Hopefully they gonna fix it with all others dialogues missing and firing too soon . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

ended up High Priestess

Did you find a merchant ship ransaked by the Wahaki with him in the party? Maybe if he doesn't know where to go, he doesn't get in over his head. Or it could be totally bugged, like those ending slides I got for Tekehu made it so as if my Watcher dumped him, when in fact I didn't even romance him.

I didn't find any such ship. For the record, I finished the game with like 40% of the map unexplored, about 15 quests not finished in my quest log and without talking to any of the factions leaders outside the forced plot critical point. Oh and going to the final area at level 14 with poor gear is not a good idea. And I got probably the crappiest ending for the Deadfire possible. For the record, my first POE1 playthrough also ended with an awful ending (I pledged to all the gods, they were not happy about that). I like keeping stuff not done so replay aren't too boring.

Edér, Maia and Pallegina had their quests finished. Edér went to "raise" Bearn. Pallegina friend died (I didn't reload to retry the fight), she got a crap posting in the Republics because I didn't support the VTC but she's my best buddy so I don't care. Serafen just left (I was at 0 with him). Tek went to do sculptures. Maia went back to the Navy, there was some changes (because I told her assassination was bad), but the last slides made her seems so lonely. She miss her brother (he's not dead in my legacy, just travelling)...and now I kinda want her and Kana in POE3, lol. Aloth had the "the leaden key will fall by itself now that Thaos is gone" ending.