Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Well Eder is iconic so he has a high chance of reappearing. 

Devs didn't choose returning companions for their iconic status but by who had the most sense to be in Deadfire. Eder because of Eothas, Aloth because of his unfinished business with the Leaden Key, Pallegina because of VRC.

and the fact that those three are the most liked and most iconic characters from POE1 did not hurt.

if people loved Hiravias as much as they love Eder, he'd suddenly have a reason to show up in the Deadfire, believe you me.

• Like 1

Well Eder is iconic so he has a high chance of reappearing. 

Devs didn't choose returning companions for their iconic status but by who had the most sense to be in Deadfire. Eder because of Eothas, Aloth because of his unfinished business with the Leaden Key, Pallegina because of VRC.

Aloth one actually feels super random. Out of all the places to investigate the leaden key, it just has to be Deadfire. It feels so forced and he has nothing to really add to any of the quests. He's just... there. The leaden key isn't even that important in Deadfire. It's just "Oh the Koiki tribe talked with Thaos" and that's kinda it.

That's why Serafen is the best. You can sleep with him as much as you want until he's no longer in the mood because of a potential bug.

Also, he knows at least 4 ways to use his tongue and mastered all of them.

I didn't know this was even a thing, lol. 

Now you know and now, you will see why Sera-chan is the #1 husbando.

And I got Takehu to reconcile with both Maia and PAllegina. One is to get -2 on Pal-Take and another is Maia-Take. Then a few dialogues while they talk like how Takehu tentacle hair are actually concious.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 1

In that case Durance had at least as much reason to return as Eder, after suffering faith crisis and learning that the god he blowed up is alive and kicking.

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 1

I can forgive Pallegina for her attitude toward the gods. Mostly because my Watcher knows her, but also know her and I know her story and her pain and I get her.

Maia is a soldier with a sense of patriotic duty - I can dig that, even if I profoundly disagree with her actions, I do see the reason behind them. Maia is sane and she is right (from her point of view, even if mine is different).

I have no issue with Pallegina not liking the gods, it's her blind fanaticism for her country that is scary.

Maia has an interesting sense of humor which doesn't trigger "lightheartedness" flags. She told an NPC once that his house would look great sliding on the side of the mountain (Neketaka). It was pretty much the intro line and that NPC wasn't an enemy, not someone she knew or anything. It's not the only such occurrence. Sometimes I feel like she's just trying to cause encounters to turn into fights. But I <3 Maia.

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 3

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I miss Grieving Mother and Sagani  :(

But whoever they wanna drag to POE3 is fine by me...

They could also create new characters . That too will be fine by me , since not everyone has to walk the same path as my watcher . It's actually awesome when some companions go back to their old life..or on their own adventure . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

if people loved Hiravias as much as they love Eder, he'd suddenly have a reason to show up in the Deadfire, believe you me.

As someone who liked Hiravias, I'll just go and cry in the corner over there :D Here's hoping for some sort of cameo in future dlc's.

I don't suppose you have some screenshots to share? Purely for research reasons, of course :D

• Like 1

I don't suppose you have some screenshots to share? Purely for research reasons, of course :D

they always say that  :dancing:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

WRstWLD.png

And something about him saying he has it big where it counts.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 6

I can forgive Pallegina for her attitude toward the gods. Mostly because my Watcher knows her, but also know her and I know her story and her pain and I get her.

That's the thing, really - you know her. To an average Eoran, she comes off as completely insane. Case in point: Tekehu's reaction to her meltdown during the whole figurine thing.

It's reasonable to agree with Pallegina's views, yes, but it's not the views that are problematic. It's the fact that despite her full knowledge of the status quo, Pallegina consistently chooses horrible and tone-deaf ways of communicating them to people.

EDIT: Reworded some things.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

As someone who liked Hiravias, I'll just go and cry in the corner over there :D Here's hoping for some sort of cameo in future dlc's.

I like him, too! I also love love love Sagani. They're just not really sequel material, if you know what I mean.

• Like 6

That's the thing, really - you know her. To an average Eoran, she comes off as completely insane. Case in point: Tekehu's reaction to her meltdown during the whole figurine thing.

It's reasonable to agree with Pallegina's views, yes. Still, despite her full knowledge of the status quo, she consistently chooses horrible and tone-deaf ways of communicating them to people.

To be perfectly honest, I can relate. I come off as an insane person a lot. Representation matters.

• Like 1

In that case Durance had as at least as much reason to return as Eder, after suffering faith crisis and learning that the god he blowed up is alive and kicking.

Uh, I don't think many people would be willing to suffer Durance again. But he sure had an unfinished business as well, maybe he will cameo in a DLC?

• Like 1

It's reasonable to agree with Pallegina's views, yes, but it's not the views that are problematic. It's the fact that despite her full knowledge of the status quo, Pallegina consistently chooses horrible and tone-deaf ways of communicating them to people.

Based on her pasts, she kinda has it the harshest. Her mom womb was damaged because of her so her family hated her. People wanted to make use of her for her godlike-feature to the point she wanted to commit suicide. Afterward, people still treat her terribly in the brotherhood for being female (IIRC).

It takes all the way to her good ending before she starts to smile more often. You even see this image when you grab her hand at Ukaizo after she thanks you and inside your head, you get to feel all her emotion and that she truly sees you as her champion, the first she truly respect from the bottom of her heart. That is probably the only route the writer can ever take to say that Pallegina is finally opening up to people.

In that case Durance had as at least as much reason to return as Eder, after suffering faith crisis and learning that the god he blowed up is alive and kicking.

Uh, I don't think many people would be willing to suffer Durance again. But he sure had an unfinished business as well, maybe he will cameo in a DLC?

Fire and island don't really mix. He has no business anymore since Eothas is just a walking statue and there's no more Godhammer. Magran also lost her volcano. The only thing he can really do is go on a mission to kill all fire godlike or something but that will just make him a crazy villain.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 2

Yeah, the gods did Pallegina wrong and then she learns that they are a total sham anyway, I don't think she cares how she comes off or she is too angry to see that the way she behaves won't change anything.

Nor should she care.

I get her.

---EDIT---

It's just that Pallegina has been othered by everyone in her life, her entire life. She owes no explanations. If she went around murdering innocents, I'd still be able to find sympathy for her - because it'd be the cruel world who'd turn her to that. But still she's trying to be a force for order and betterment of others. I dig Pallegina.

Edited by arober
  • Like 5

I love Pallegina, always have her with me. But I did tell her off in that dialogue with Tekehu, only because Tekehu is a pampered child and that gesture was extremely harmless. I kinda feel like when you're older you should be smarter, raging at someone like that for a harmless gesture of trying to be nice to you isn't a good thing.

Other than that I do understand her, she can rage all she wants because I completely agree with her. My Watcher is extremely anti-gods.

Come to think of it, thats the reason Xoti stays on the boat most of the time. I like her, but her stupid belief in gods (without questioning anything rational) gets on my nerves. Not very much into pious people.

I would just straight up not buy this game, if Durance were in it.

So would I, I loved Durance. He was very different to the usual good/sarcastic/pretty/normal characters we get.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I'd just sacrifice him and get a cool effigy. As it is Maia's gonna have to be it.

I'd call you a fiery whore of a player for sacrificing Maia, but that might be against forum policy. So I will not call you that.

If I sacrifice anyone from the party, it's Xoti. I like the rest too much.

• Like 4

I'd just sacrifice him and get a cool effigy. As it is Maia's gonna have to be it.

I'd call you a fiery whore of a player for sacrificing Maia, but that might be against forum policy. So I will not call you that.

If I sacrifice anyone from the party, it's Xoti. I like the rest too much.

Boo! Leave Xoti be ! or I start using mah Voodoo doll!  :w00t:

Elderly Hive Dweller

I love Pallegina, always have her with me. But I did tell her off in that dialogue with Tekehu, only because Tekehu is a pampered child and that gesture was extremely harmless. I kinda feel like when you're older you should be smarter, raging at someone like that for a harmless gesture of trying to be nice to you isn't a good thing.

Other than that I do understand her, she can rage all she wants because I completely agree with her. My Watcher is extremely anti-gods.

Come to think of it, thats the reason Xoti stays on the boat most of the time. I like her, but her stupid belief in gods (without questioning anything rational) gets on my nerves. Not very much into pious people.

So would I, I loved Durance. He was very different to the usual good/sarcastic/pretty/normal characters we get.

but didn't she say he was trying to convert her though ?? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

I think she did yeah, but it would naturally feel that way to her.

But he said something like "i thought we shared something because of...." basically indicating he was trying to be nice to another godlike, because he thought they were similar. It was really sweet actually.

Tekehu is lonely as there are so few like him and people look up to him because he is a godlike and not because its him as a person. Its similar to what Pallegina had gone through except her experience was extremely negative while his is positive. That said people still see him as a symbol and not as a person. So I viewed that figurine gesture more like trying to find a common ground between them, but doing it in a very clumsy and silly way.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I think she did yeah, but it would naturally feel that way to her.

But he said something like "i thought we shared something because of...." basically indicating he was trying to be nice to another godlike, because he thought they were similar. It was really sweet actually.

Ah...

cose when she said that..I though the figurine was some kind of Virgin Marie statue or Jeebus  :lol:

Thanx for clearing that one for me..

Elderly Hive Dweller

Wow. Rood. Maia is one of the best girl if you take her along for mission and avoiding siding with anyone. You get 2 chances to say she's important to you. The prince won't even hate you for rejecting the queen mission because of Maia. She also won't flip side if you attack RDF because they revealed their mission and you say no.

And her sass is almost on par with Pallegina.

"You only work for coin so you cannot see it" - Pallegina

"And you buy bread with your pride, I see." - Maia

And so many missions that are like "We can't let the foreigner know about this" and Maia be like "Yeah, if it seems like I am taking notes, it's because I am, go ahead."

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 5

Maia is best girl, I agree. She still scares me tho.