Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Doesn't change the fact that I gave her the boot as soon as Maia and Pallegina became available, because hello, sane ladies who kick ass.

Maia and Pallegina...sane?

Bouahahahahahahaha

Lmao I did a double take too.

Pallegina's reactions to harmless expressions of faith remind me of angry internet atheists who are eager to remind everyone that DAE STUPID SKY FAIRY DOESN'T REAL.

I like her, but even if gods in Eora aren't really gods, she really should find some less obnoxious outlets for her disappointment.

Like I dunno, knitting.

Or maybe kayaking.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

Pallegina's reactions to harmless expressions of faith remind me of angry internet atheists who are eager to remind everyone that DAE STUPID SKY FAIRY DOESN'T REAL.

I like her, but even if gods in Eora aren't really gods, she really should find some less obnoxious outlets for her disappointment.

Like I dunno, knitting.

Or maybe kayaking.

or make her baby sit all them pet we find along the way  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Like I dunno, knitting.

Or maybe kayaking.

Edér would be jealous...

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Like I dunno, knitting.

Or maybe kayaking.

Edér would be jealous...

he can help... :w00t:  and stay behind ! 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Doesn't change the fact that I gave her the boot as soon as Maia and Pallegina became available, because hello, sane ladies who kick ass.

Maia and Pallegina...sane?

Bouahahahahahahaha

Granted, I set a fairly low bar by comparing them to Xoti, but at least there's SOME semblance of logic behind Maia and Pallegina's actions. 

I dunno, out of three ladies I like Pallegina most, though her bitching about the gods sure intensified in 5 years that my Watcher have known her. But she sure can be a good pal.

Xoti started nice and innocent, but my high opinion of her went down the drain as soon as she started hitting on everybody and bringing up Gaun all the time. My Watcher is not very tolerant of blind religious fanatics and clingy people. None of it will be removed in the patch, btw, it just her crazy character.

Maia is a cold blooded killer, she sure does know how to ingratiate herself with the Watcher, but realizing she's been complicit in assassinations behind Watcher's back just makes her untrustworthy. 

• Like 2

Yet Xoti does less harm , while Pallegina work for the devil... :lol:

I guess every character is flawed..like the God..and the factions leader...

Elderly Hive Dweller

I can forgive Pallegina for her attitude toward the gods. Mostly because my Watcher knows her, but also know her and I know her story and her pain and I get her.

Maia is a soldier with a sense of patriotic duty - I can dig that, even if I profoundly disagree with her actions, I do see the reason behind them. Maia is sane and she is right (from her point of view, even if mine is different).

Xoti is... I have no freaking idea what she is, other than extra horny.

• Like 2

Your devil perhaps, certainly not my Watcher's. Vailian Republics ftw!

I mean outside of the game and role playing..

I'm the only one who see the Valiant and how much they are like the Czerka Corp

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller

I dunno what that Corp is but Vailians are your typical capitalist business men. They're for progress too, which is a plus to them.

Edited by Aramintai

I dunno what that Corp is but Vailians are your typical capitalist business men.

it's from Star Wars..

This part 

Czerka, at least in its earlier days, was widely known as a successful, if unscrupulous, corporation. Illegal and unethical revenue-generating practices were tolerated, sometimes encouraged, by its sectoral officers so long as the flow of credits was uninterrupted and word did not leak out. Likewise, the politics of its customers were overlooked for the sake of lucrative markets. Also, as might be expected in such a corporation, rumors spread of profiteering; particularly that Czerka officials had allowed starvation of colonists when their high prices were not met. This distaste did not, however, compromise Czerka's income.

Is very Valliant , at least to me . 

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'm not sure if the romance is bugged for me. I had a lot of conversations with Xoti, then we kissed after I finished her quest. I have her at +2 reputation but since then I there was nothing. Does the romance simply end there...?

I'm not sure if the romance is bugged for me. I had a lot of conversations with Xoti, then we kissed after I finished her quest. I have her at +2 reputation but since then I there was nothing. Does the romance simply end there...?

Pretty much. It's not BW game with unlimited resources for romances.

That's why Serafen is the best. You can sleep with him as much as you want until he's no longer in the mood because of a potential bug.

Also, he knows at least 4 ways to use his tongue and mastered all of them.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of any of them. They are all either way to short, or just somewhat awkward. I also can't see how they could continue any of them into PoE3, apart from Aloth potentially. I feel like to it might just be a better idea to kill them off at the beginning of the next game.

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of any of them. They are all either way to short, or just somewhat awkward. I also can't see how they could continue any of them into PoE3, apart from Aloth potentially. I feel like to it might just be a better idea to kill them off at the beginning of the next game.

why just Aloth ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Well Eder is iconic so he has a high chance of reappearing. If you fail to convince Bearn to not face the light, he will board your boat back with you when Bearn disappear. If they want him to pop up again, Bearn will probably go join a group or something and travel or the danger of PoE 3 will indirectly affect Bearn so he tags along to keep Bearn safe.

I say Serafen stays or bring back Hiravias. They both fill the "Extremely direct, quirky, happy and nice guy" quota and I rather have that over some kind of female Orlan trying to roleplay as Modywn. Like the only reason that personality works is because Modwyn is a sword. It will be more annoying that fun.

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 2

why just Aloth ? 

Aloth's subplot is the least tied of the romance options to the Deadfire, as well as possessing the greatest potential for a character arc. 

• Like 2

Like I dunno, knitting.

Or maybe kayaking.

My Watcher dislikes the gods probably as much as Pallegina, but her reaction in that conversation where she yells at Tekehu for giving her Ondra figurine was just mean and blown out of proportion (in all fairness, they reconcile after and it all kinds of adorable, but I had no success triggering it in my game).

It's not unlimited though, but since companions and romance are viewed as an essential part of their games, they can justify the use of resources (and even then it's still limited). They've said as much, that romances are very expensive to make (just as someone at Obsidian said that companion quests are expensive to make).

That's why Serafen is the best. You can sleep with him as much as you want until he's no longer in the mood because of a potential bug.

Also, he knows at least 4 ways to use his tongue and mastered all of them.

I didn't know this was even a thing, lol. 

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 1

Well Eder is iconic so he has a high chance of reappearing. 

Devs didn't choose returning companions for their iconic status but by who had the most sense to be in Deadfire. Eder because of Eothas, Aloth because of his unfinished business with the Leaden Key, Pallegina because of VRC.