Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

Knowing Eder and based on his convo with Hiravias, he's probably just dumb and think Orlan are cute for being tiny or something.

He is definitely not doing it intentionally no, he is anything but malicious. But I think he barely considers them more than animals... He got better in Deadfire, but still.

Looks like a bug to me. Xoti is gaining approval with him like his faith in Eothas was renewed, but in his convo about her he sounded disapproving. Might be tied to (now fixed) bug with save import.

Hopefully its a bug and will be fixed.

Funny, these dispositions make a lot of companions look and sound schizophrenic.  :D

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Knowing Eder and based on his convo with Hiravias, he's probably just dumb and think Orlan are cute for being tiny or something.

He is definitely not doing it intentionally no, he is anything but malicious. But I think he barely considers them more than animals... He got better in Deadfire, but still.

He haven't tried to pet my Captain Watcher yet. There is still hope.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Eder does refer to Orlans as animals at one point in Deadfire.    He says something like "yeah I like all kinds of animals dogs, cats, Orlans."  Ugly old Drywoodian racism.  He got some well deserved dislike points from Pallegina for saying it.  I agree that he's not malicious on it, unfortunately it was how he was raised, and the culture in the Drywood at the time.

• Like 5

I think if I ever made an Orlan it'd be my only character that wouldn't stand Eder.

• Like 3

I think if I ever made an Orlan it'd be my only character that wouldn't stand Eder.

Yeah, I don't know if he actually gets called out about it in this game like Hiravias did with him in the first.  Having a little dislike symbol doesn't quite have the same effect as someone telling you that your ugly Drywood underbelly is showing.

• Like 3

Maia trying to romance me directly after the assassination of the queen, between all those corpses, was the weirdest thing ever.

You Maia is crazy I was watching Cohh's playthrough and was like NOPE.

Least Xoti is open about being loony.

Also the variations you get in the conversations depending on personality makes me think when most of the bugs are gone this'll be in my top ten of games. Cause I really enjoy it even though some of the bugs makes me wanna throw my keyboard out a window so when that's fixed and if we get really good dlc :D yeeess.

Same, I very rarely ran a party without those three (and never without Jan). I also like how in the end of ToB tne narrator mentions "your closest companions", and Jaheira's portrait is one of the first to flash across the screen.

This conversation got me rifling through the folder with my BG2 screenshots again. Almost every one of Jan's banters with the other companions is hilarious (my favourite ones being those with Keldorn, Sarevok, Edwin and Minsc).

Not to be entirely off-topic: I really like how Serafen turned out (and his voice-over is great): he's probably gonna be my favourite of all of the new companions. 

I really enjoyed his voice actor. Honestly, I think all of the companions were well voiced. 

• Like 1

Maia trying to romance me directly after the assassination of the queen, between all those corpses, was the weirdest thing ever.

You Maia is crazy I was watching Cohh's playthrough and was like NOPE.

Least Xoti is open about being loony.

Also the variations you get in the conversations depending on personality makes me think when most of the bugs are gone this'll be in my top ten of games. Cause I really enjoy it even though some of the bugs makes me wanna throw my keyboard out a window so when that's fixed and if we get really good dlc :D yeeess.

I never had her in my party because of that, but I wanted to try out another ending of the game. That probably explains the weird timing of her request, I suppose I gained a lot of favor with her during the raid. On the other had, that is a good fit since it explains her character very well.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed his voice actor. Honestly, I think all of the companions were well voiced.

The banters where Matthew Mercer has a three-way conversation with himself are so amusing, they almost make me want to keep Iselmyr around. Almost.

• Like 1

That...actually sound like something Maia would do.

I <3 Maia.

• Like 2

Honestly Maia is the only companion I am genuinely afraid of. Even Pallegina feels harmless in comparison. :D

• Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

So there I was, wandering around with my companions... when Xoti starts up some party banter with my Watcher. There hasn't really been much between them in terms of dialog since Xoti got together with my Watcher, so I was curious to see where this was going.

Xoti: "Did I tell you? You were in my dreams last night, Watcher."

I'm like ohhhh!  :D

Xoti: "You were on your knees. Before my god. And I couldn't stop screaming."

.... D:

Oh Xoti. 

• Like 7

hearing about what Éder say about Orlan...Tsk Tsk..... :facepalm:

Anyway...this.....remind me of that  :lol:

tumblr_oltzu64kEw1rb6ve3o1_r1_500.png

• Like 5
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

found these.....if anyone like  :biggrin:

1504660012843.gif

tumblr_p67hyoLmit1tzjf5po2_400.gif

tumblr_p8or149SBn1ri36afo1_250.gif

tumblr_p8heq3EpG81ri36afo1_250.gif

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I've just had the scene where Xoti loses her crap on Pallegina for saying she'd not super fond of the gods.

I hadn't liked Xoti before that.

I think she's gonna have some fun wandering around the Port Maje marketplace during all my subsequent playthroughs because girl be crazy.

considering who Pallagenia work for...me think it's the other way around  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

idk, at least I like Pallegina, she's a gorgeous, feathery badass who has long ago ran out of ****s to give.

Xoti's... also on the ship, I guess...

• Like 2

idk, at least I like Pallegina, she's a gorgeous, feathery badass who has long ago ran out of ****s to give.

Xoti's... also on the ship, I guess...

Oh..

didn't mean anything . You can like whoever you want . 

Just personally , I find pallagina kinda of an ass . And I do love Xoti . 

I understand why Pallagina hate the gods and everything . But the fact remain , she work for the devil regardless . (In my opinion that is) .

In comparaison , Xoti is a saint . She is trying to do good (well unless you push her to do bad) . 

I still like Pallagina as a character , it just if I were to choose who to save ? she will lose . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Oh..

I understand why Pallagina hate the gods and everything . But the fact remain , she work for the devil regardless . (In my opinion that is) .

In comparaison , Xoti is a saint . She is trying to do good (well unless you push her to do bad) . 

I still like Pallagina as a character , it just if I were to choose who to save ? she will lose . 

I didn't mean anything by anything as well, no worries. :)

Xoti so far infuriates me. I guess it'll be different once I RP a different personality on my next playthrough. And once a patch, hopefully, fixes the relationship progression.

I think part of my fondness of Xoti is that I like her voice actress, Laura Bailey. Even with that wild southern accent, I find her character to be endearing. But yeah, my character isn't particularly fond of the gods, so it's usually a groan when she starts on about Gaun. I'm still in Act 1, so I'm hoping there's some way to either nudge her against them, or at very least make her question them, similar to Eder. But I'm not sure where the story goes with Eothas, so I guess I'll see.  :sweat:

• Like 1

Oh..

I didn't mean anything by anything as well, no worries. :)

Xoti so far infuriates me. I guess it'll be different once I RP a different personality on my next playthrough. And once a patch, hopefully, fixes the relationship progression.

yeah..the flag are messed up..

take the outbrust of Xoti against Pallagina ? I never got what Pallagina said . 

I still sided with Xoti..don't judge me..I'm weak....

Elderly Hive Dweller

I think part of my fondness of Xoti is that I like her voice actress, Laura Bailey. Even with that wild southern accent, I find her character to be endearing. But yeah, my character isn't particularly fond of the gods, so it's usually a groan when she starts on about Gaun. I'm still in Act 1, so I'm hoping there's some way to either nudge her against them, or at very least make her question them, similar to Eder. But I'm not sure where the story goes with Eothas, so I guess I'll see.  :sweat:

I found Xoti to be very endearing at the beginning. And I will admit that what soured me on her was the fact that she seemed to think she was in a love triangle with the Watcher and Eder when neither was actually interested in her. Which was probably the bugs. 

Doesn't change the fact that I gave her the boot as soon as Maia and Pallegina became available, because hello, sane ladies who kick ass.

• Like 1

Doesn't change the fact that I gave her the boot as soon as Maia and Pallegina became available, because hello, sane ladies who kick ass.

Maia and Pallegina...sane?

Bouahahahahahahaha

• Like 2