Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part Two

I doubt they will pass a constitution check :D

I was screaming at that calm down grandpa option. It was too perfect. (And god how I wish I could say that sometimes at work).

tell me he still is carrying that shield you get from the smith that look like a door..

otherwise...Ouach!

It's a giant hunk of adra so he should be okay? Mostly.

Shoving him infront of my enemies is my way of showing I care :p

• Like 1

Oh that's what Eder is for. He's my perma bro. :p (Also the one that always takes all the hits :devil:  )

I am replaying POE1 and I realized that I am always putting Eder to block the doors. Poor guy. Happens when you travel with two squishy elves.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Aloth was one of my favorite companions in PoE I, and I was looking forward to the whole relationship that is carried through a few games thing, be it romance of friendship. Especially since my Watcher was a nerdy wizard pretty similar to Aloth, so it felt like they should naturally connect.

But here comes Deadfire, and Aloth just wouldn't approve of anything I do (but would gladly disapprove of my every joke), and my heart is a bit broken. Aloth why can't we be good friends dammit?  :unsure:

same here (as friend that is) . And he has the least dialogues...

Kinda bummber , cose everyone need that akward yet a bit snob elf..and soo nerdy in the group  :yes:

Obsidian don't like elf ! Let go REVOLUTION and throw Leaf at them!  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Aloth was one of my favorite companions in PoE I, and I was looking forward to the whole relationship that is carried through a few games thing, be it romance of friendship. Especially since my Watcher was a nerdy wizard pretty similar to Aloth, so it felt like they should naturally connect.

But here comes Deadfire, and Aloth just wouldn't approve of anything I do (but would gladly disapprove of my every joke), and my heart is a bit broken. Aloth why can't we be good friends dammit?  :unsure:

There's an approval cheat for him that I used because yeah.

Oh that's what Eder is for. He's my perma bro. :p (Also the one that always takes all the hits :devil:  )

I am replaying POE1 and I realized that I am always putting Eder to block the doors. Poor guy. Happens when you travel with two squishy elves.

Same. I give my characters 3 con too as you can imagine I'm not overly pleased when those cutscenes happen that force them into the front and they get instant gibbed.

• Like 1

I doubt they will pass a constitution check :D

I was screaming at that calm down grandpa option. It was too perfect. (And god how I wish I could say that sometimes at work).

tell me he still is carrying that shield you get from the smith that look like a door..

otherwise...Ouach!

It's a giant hunk of adra so he should be okay? Mostly.

Shoving him infront of my enemies is my way of showing I care :p

I see an issue there...hummmm..

*Nod wisely*...

You need to get Éder a leash! hummm...cose you know how he goes right ?

He see a pinguoin and he be running off ! Then your party is stuck at 4 cose some Genius decided that a party of 5 was fine ! 

Ohh maybe you could run around with a squeaky toy? that should get him back fast  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I have a cone cat to keep Eder in check. Best purchase ever for 9k. I regret nothing.

• Like 4
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Yeah he seems a complete jackass in this. 

When I talk to him he replies.. 'Can I HELP YOU with something' in an irritated voice. PFFT!

Get off my ship if you're gonna be like that!

nowt

When I talk to him he replies.. 'Can I HELP YOU with something' in an irritated voice. PFFT!

he was probably reading.. :lol:

That's like knocking on the bathroom door when someone is in there...

well..hand him over , you can take the Seraf off my hand . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'm just sitting over here hoping that is this indeed bug. After all the developers did say companion relationship system is bugged. And considering he has both stewardship and autonomy dispositions at the same time (and this is a confirmed bug), I would assume that one of them (which one depends on Aloth being pro- or anti-Leaden Key) is taking place of some other, because otherwise he gets too few dispositions (and less than other companions), which doesn't make sense. 

Still disappointed though, that all returning companion conversations take twice as less time than full romance route with the new ones.

Edited by CaptainBiscuit

There's an approval cheat for him that I used because yeah.

I know but that's kinda immersion breaking for me, so after he gave me the Thaos talk I just gave him the boot for rp reasons. My Watcher would be greatly offended to be compared to Thaos by the very person who used to be a Leaden Key agent and wouldn't come clean about it for about 3/4 of the first game. 

So... yeah. I guess my relationship with Aloth was fulfilling in its own way, if a bit melodramatic  :facepalm:

• Like 3

oh Aloth is bugged all right and so are the others . Hopefully the patch will fix them and their quest and their approval and all . 

But so far, he is the most bugged of the lot . At least for me . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

From what I understand the only bug is him having conflicting dispositions. Maybe disposition gain/loss system needs to be reviewed so when you say something they dislike the hit is not so large and when you say something they like the gain is not so small. Right now it feels skewed towards negative.

I can confirm he doesn't dislike jokes though, he is neutral to them. Its the type of joke and context that matters, so don't know how much it will change when devs review the system.

I have Aloth at 2 disposition (without cheating) and my character is still a smart-ass to almost everyone.

From what I understand the only bug is him having conflicting dispositions. Maybe disposition gain/loss system needs to be reviewed so when you say something they dislike the hit is not so large and when you say something they like the gain is not so small. Right now it feels skewed towards negative.

I can confirm he doesn't dislike jokes though, he is neutral to them. Its the type of joke and context that matters, so don't know how much it will change when devs review the system.

I have Aloth at 2 disposition (without cheating) and my character is still a smart-ass to almost everyone.

no..

His..uh..how to say...I went with 'Kind' pre-made save and he was Leaden key leader . So that's like bug..

also...his personal quest is bugged like hell...couldn't finish it . And the ending slider for him is screw up as well . 

And I only got 2 dialogues with him . So yeah..bugged bugged...

the others companions , the only bug I have with them is mostly missing dialogues here and there and some of them triggering too fast . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

he was probably reading.. :lol:

Maia ask him if he is reading anything interesting in banter. He is very enthusiastic to talk about it.

She also told him to not blow up the ship once.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

no..

His..uh..how to say...I went with 'Kind' pre-made save and he was Leaden key leader . So that's like bug..

also...his personal quest is bugged like hell...couldn't finish it . And the ending slider for him is screw up as well . 

the others companions , the only bug I have with them is mostly missing dialogues here and there and some of them triggering too fast . 

Ah sorry, I keep on forgetting that I created the states not imported them. So he is less bugged in my game... Its the import in general that is messed up.

no..

Ah sorry, I keep on forgetting that I created the states not imported them. So he is less bugged in my game... Its the import in general that is messed up.

I didn't import either . It was a pre-made save . You know..from the one you can choose from ? 

Edit: Ah..also , don't apologize . if it's working great for you thats awesome ! 

I can wait for the fix lol had that issue back in DOS2 too and just waited for them to fix it  :yes:

Edited by E.RedMark

Elderly Hive Dweller

Serafen and Eder are probably the only two char in this game that stays 0 or green with everyone. Really hard to make them mad. I think there's only like, what, 1 companion racist quote being Eder joking about having Orlan pets?

Meanwhile, Aloth is the only one to find Serafen in the red for enjoying life. HOW DARE HE?!

Edited by Zeitzbach
  • Like 1

Serafen and Eder are probably the only two char in this game that stays 0 or green with everyone. Really hard to make them mad. I think there's only like, what, 1 companion racist quote being Eder joking about having Orlan pets?

Meanwhile, Aloth is the only one to find Serafen in the red for enjoying life. HOW DARE HE?!

In my game Aloth is literally red with everyone but Xoti and Pallegina it's hilarious.

• Like 1

In my game Aloth is literally red with everyone but Xoti and Pallegina it's hilarious.

He liked Maia too in my playthrough and is neutral with Eder. So that would make him negative with two companions. Not too different from Pallegina, who doesn't like Tekehu and Xoti.

And I believe Eder can get negative with Xoti, if he's disillusioned with Eothas?

Edited by CaptainBiscuit

I think Aloth is at -1 with Serafen in my game, but then I only really use Serafen for the Principi quests so maybe that hits all of Aloth's rage buttons :p

I actually like how they didn't try to artificially balance what the companions like and keep an even number of likes and dislikes. Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. Edér is very similar. Can't imagine what would hit the Pro-Leaden Key button, outside of maybe Aloth in Thaos' hat?

• Like 2

Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. 

In my game he is disliked by a whole bunch of people and still happily likes everyone but Maia himself (while Maia has him at +1). And he isn't the only one in such state, the lack of mutuality in my party is hilarious. 

Eh no there is an instance where Eder recognizes Orlan cage (that was kinda horrible), and says something along the lines of it being in good condition and that they used to have it in Dyrwood. And with his incessant petting of everything soft, including Serafen's head. As much as I love Eder he is really racist towards orlans, and he doesn't realize it much.

And I believe Eder can get negative with Xoti, if he's disillusioned with Eothas?

I don't know if its a bug but he hit +2 with Xoti faster than he hit +1 with my sarcastic Watcher, and he was disillusioned with Eothas and told Xoti that she should stop talking to him.

Idk either its a bug, or the guy doesnt use his head for anything other than bashing.

Edited by Aridea

Eh no there is an instance where Eder recognizes Orlan cage (that was kinda horrible), and says something along the lines of it being in good condition and that they used to have it in Dyrwood. And with his incessant petting of everything soft, including Serafen's head. As much as I love Eder he is really racist towards orlans, and he doesn't realize it much.

I don't know if its a bug but he hit +2 with Xoti faster than he hit +1 with my sarcastic Watcher, and he was disillusioned with Eothas and told Xoti that she should stop talking to him.

Idk either its a bug, or the guy doesnt use his head for anything other than bashing.

Knowing Eder and based on his convo with Hiravias, he's probably just dumb and think Orlan are cute for being tiny or something.

Tekehu has like, 2 dislikes (which I think really only Maia could hit the Pro-Rauatai one easily) and 6 likes. Kind of hits the easy going personality he has going. 

In my game he is disliked by a whole bunch of people and still happily likes everyone but Maia himself (while Maia has him at +1). And he isn't the only one in such state, the lack of mutuality in my party is hilarious. 

Yeah, Tekehu seems to like a lot of people who in turn find him annoying. Again, fits with his character, he's prideful but naive. I found his exchange with Pallegina and the model boat to be the most endearingly adorable thing I've seen so far.

• Like 4

Looks like a bug to me. Xoti is gaining approval with him like his faith in Eothas was renewed, but in his convo about her he sounded disapproving. Might be tied to (now fixed) bug with save import.

• Like 2