2 Cents Deadfire & Some Questions

Now I finished the game, I feel I can comment properly. Firstly, one of the highlights was Concelhaut saying "Next time I will secure a body that lasts" when the credits start rolling. He also said Xoti had potential after she pitched a fit at Pallegina about religion on the boat. These are probably unintentional, but I found them hilarious.

All in all, I loved the game and had a lot of fun. I find the combat more fun than in 1 and the AI editor is cool even if limited and bugged (setting second wind to near death made my char waste it at the beginning of every battle), though it is definitely easier than POE1 (but not as much as some people are inclined to claim), and the last boss is a complete cakewalk. I summoned everything I had expecting a horrible fight and next thing I knew, it was dead. Everything I had was quite an army, but still xD Also, even after killing it, it still says Nemnok is the toughest enemy killed *shrug*.

The story didn't make much sense to me. I took over a year to catch up with a guy who told me where he was going and couldn't be missed sizewise, while sailing from one corner of the archipelago to the other multiple times. Also I don't really understand the thing about the wheel. If it was made by mortals in the first place, why would breaking it eventually destroy life? How did life exist before in that case? It seems to be more a case of the gods having artificially created some form of soul recycling in order to make themselves immortal. Either that or I didn't understand it, which is also possible.

I found the reputation system strange. The thing about companions has been discussed thouroughly (still never got Aloth over 1), but my rep with the factions was also odd. After I blew up the Royal Deadfire company I got -5 approval wit them although they thought it was the Valians, but I only lost 1 with the Valians although I used them to do it for the Huana. Almost all my faction reputations were weirdly mixed. Plus, no one left my team after I sided with the Huana. I thought people left once you made that choice?

Finally, I'm about to do another playthrough and want to attempt to romance Aloth, considering he compulsively disapproves of everything, can one still do it and be funny, or does one have to pick the sensible convo options all the time?

nvAeseu.png

as I understand , the wheel it self isn't the afterlife..

it's the mean for the after life . Think of it , as when someone die..he has to take a boat to go the after life shore . From there , that soul will be re-used for a new life . well destroying the wheel..mean no more boat , no more new life re-used . 

Kinda remind me of Jade empire . At least there we could see the consequences . But different time line I guess..

So eventually , if no soul can be recycled as to speak...you can guess what happen . everyone die..the gods starve..empty planet..yada yada..

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

it's the mean for the after life . Think of it , as when someone die..he has to take a boat to go the after life shore . From there , that soul will be re-used for a new life . well destroying the wheel..mean no more boat , no more new life re-used . 

Kinda remind me of Jade empire . At least there we could see the consequences . But different time line I guess..

So eventually , if no soul can be recycled as to speak...you can guess what happen . everyone die..the gods starve..empty planet..yada yada..

So the "gods" didn't make it per se?

nvAeseu.png

So the "gods" didn't make it per se?

Uh..I'm not really familliar with the lore . I let a wiser person answer that one  :disguise:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

The story didn't make much sense to me. I took over a year to catch up with a guy who told me where he was going and couldn't be missed sizewise, while sailing from one corner of the archipelago to the other multiple times. Also I don't really understand the thing about the wheel. If it was made by mortals in the first place, why would breaking it eventually destroy life? How did life exist before in that case? It seems to be more a case of the gods having artificially created some form of soul recycling in order to make themselves immortal. Either that or I didn't understand it, which is also possible.

The Engwithans hijacked the chaotic natural reincarnation when they created a system, the Wheel, to powers their artificial gods (all that happened about 2000 years ago). Eothas broke the system as a test for mortals to "fix". The amount of souls is finite, without reincarnation working (whatever natural or the Wheel) nothing can be born again so eventually everything will be returned to the state of "soul".

The 3rd game will probably be about fixing/restoring a reincarnation cycle with various anti-gods/pro-gods factions and Rymrgand being totally against it because he wants the death of all things.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

The Engwithans hijacked the chaotic natural reincarnation when they created a system, the Wheel, to powers their artificial gods (all that happened about 2000 years ago). Eothas broke the system as a test for mortals to "fix". The amount of souls is finite, without reincarnation working (whatever natural or the Wheel) nothing can be born again so eventually everything will be returned to the state of "soul".

The 3rd game will probably be about fixing/restoring a reincarnation cycle with various anti-gods/pro-gods factions and Rymrgand being totally against it because he wants the death of all things.

I see. I was assuming when Eothas broke the wheel, it would just default back to whatever they had before.

I wonder if Rekke's religion and wherever he came from will play more of a role in future.

nvAeseu.png