Sharen the ExileMembers
Posts posted by Sharen the Exile
Wow that's really long footage! *heads to watch everything* T4P Matthew!
With the authorization from Matthew, I'm opening this thread here with questions to the devs about scrapped/early concepts and ideas from KOTOR II. We realize most of this stuff was cut/moved/modified very early in the developement and doesn't have much to do with the final storyline, but we fans were always curious about it. We would be extremly glad to ever get an answer or an explanation on any of the stuff from the list
1. Atris as Darth Traya
- how was Atris suppoused to become the Lady of Betrayal in this scrapped idea? Was it in case Kreia was redeemed/killed?
- Was there ever an idea to allow the player to "choose" tha game's final boss?
- How would she make Sion obey her orders?
- Did she also want to kill the Force as Kreia? If not, what were her her motives?
2. Atris as a playble character
- was she suppoused to be a full-time party member, or perhaps just a temporary one (presumably in the game's ending)?
- Was the Handmaiden (Brianna) introduced in place of Atris?
3. Kreia ordering Visas Marr to take her to Darth Nihilus - after the Dantooine Enclave Meeting with the Jedi Masters:
- was this an early/alternate scene to Handmaiden taking Kreia to Atris?
- did it tie somehow with the concept of Atris as a playable (joining you to help defeat Nihilus)?
4. The Exile's death on Nar Shaddaa - after Dessicus blows the Jekk'Jekk Tarr up:
(includes: Darth Sion's arrival on Nar Shaddaa to investigate the news about the Exile's death and the scene between Sion and Nihilus on Ravager)
- was Nar Shaddaa suppoused to be the second to last "final" planet instead of Telos Redux?
- how in general the concept of Exile's death was suppoused to work?
5. Locations/characters/events from the Droid Planet M4-78 that were moved elsewhere after the planet was cut:
- was the HK factory ever suppoused to be on M4-78?
- Was G0-T0 (the droid) ever suppoused to be a part of M4-78 storyline and/or be recruited as a party member on M4-78 instead of on Nar Shaddaa?
6. Bao-Dur's Fate:
- What was really suppoused to happen with Bao-Dur at the end of the game? Did you plan to send him on some solo mission in the game's ending (perhaps assist HK-47 in the HK Factory)?
- Why Kreia was unale to predict his future? Was it because he was killed? Is it true he was suppoused to die on M4-78?
- What was the context for his cut line "Make my sacrifice matter"?
7. Hanrarr, Mandalore and T3-M4 on Malachor V:
- we know Hanharr was suppoused to save the Exile by throwing him onto Ebon Hawk in case Malachor V was destroyed. What would his ending be if the planet wasn't blown up though?
- There is a loading screen in the game in which you can see Mandalore and Visas walking on the Malachor V surface. What was Mandalore's ending suppoused to be? Was there any planned?
- Where was T3-M4 all the time during the game's finale? Is it as we always assumed that he simply stayed on Ebon Hawk?
Solo missions where instead of 3-man squads.
No "Press X for Good, Press Y for Evil."
Twice as many HAWT CHIX to sleep with.
hot chicks are rapidly becoming passe.
Hot guys are in this season or what?
Gamespot's Sega Booth Tour - Alpha Protocol video
I must say, those menus are sexy.
Almost as much as Alpha Protocol booth babes:
Was I the only one who was unaware of their presence @ E3 till today?
more pictures @ E3girls.com
There's also a great new video from 1UP showing LOTS of footage!
How can you not love Sie?
The big difference between Alpha Protocol and SC:C is that I'm buying Alpha Protocol.
Very interesting! Can't wait for new info!
Obsidian managed to create a sequel to a game in a mere 15 month that was at least on par with it's original.
From the technical point of view, K2 had many more problems than The Original Trilogy Remake KOTOR 1 had. But from the artistic point of view, TSL owned K1's existance and threw it right here:
Beyond ridiculous? How amazing it would be if Luca$Art$ allowed Obsidian to do something like this for K2?
According to one of the previews, 25 hours per play. And there will be replayabilities based on the numerous C&C in game.
The replayability aspect may be the most important one given how important C&C seem to be in AP.
to sum up the important bits:
- 25+ hour gameplay
- The game is still in Alpha stage
- Clothes, facial-feature and hairstyle customization that is actually relevant to the type of a mission you take
- Memorabilia from characters and missions decorating Mike's safe houses while the game progresses
- The game lets you know how the NPCs response to your conversation style: menu screen with dossiers on each encountered character
- Boss battles are optional
- Choices, choices, choices! =D
- Destructoid thinks that everything in Mass Effect and Fallout 3 apart from dialog options, customizations and looting sucked
Don't agree. First of all, videos give a good impression of the animations ,second, feedback is important for the developers as a reference of what people like or don't like. And as it has been said before, criticism here is constructive, not discouraging.
Now, back on topic: I just watched the G4 Hands on and the Walkthrough video from the other thread. Looks really cool, especially because in those two vids we see the different play stiles (combat vs. stealth). I love the way, the target reticule narrows in slowly when you try to archive a critical hit.
But what people said here is true. The animations are way too fast. That really takes realism out of the game. I hope this will be polished until release. Other than that, it looks pretty much like I expected it. In other words, it's gonna be my personal gaming highlight of the year.
Agree with you 100%. This game may be trully stellar if Obz manages to polish the animations and the camera during those remaining months prior the release. Everything else looks fantastic and I think the DSS and the consequences of choices made by the player will be AP's selling points. Plus, the almighty MCA is responsible for the plot = quality guaranteed.
Minigames looks fun, the combat looks like it has tons of options, I'm loving the dialogue system and think that the limited respone time works really well for this game + the fact that you seem to have to make some pretty major decisions really often!
But there is one thing that really needs some polishin. The camera. Obz should really focus on it (and polishing the animations too but the camera is more important). There's alot of time till the release, so I hope most of the bad aspects (there's not much of them anyway) are gonna be fixed
CAN'T WAIT!!! :D
Sweet Lord, the ultimate legend Chris Avellone himself answered my question!!!! :aiee: :bow: ;( ;( *dies happy from a biggest nerdgasm one could possibly have*
So they were always suppoused to be the survivors of the Great Hyperspace War. I never really liked this theory/possibility, but now that I know the bigger image of "deafening" the Galaxy with the wounds and echoes in the Force created in major battles/conflicts, and that in fact this "technique" of conquering the Galaxy comes from from them, it all becomes so logical and actually... good! There's where Kreia's knowledge of creating blind spots in the Force came from! Perhaps it was also one of the reasons why Kreia wanted to kill the Force, to stop the True Sith from executing their plan? The introduction of the True Sith in TSL makes perfect sense now.
Anyone scared BioWare's gonna rape Avellone's concept for the True Sith and turn it into a simple "So yeah, we were just rebuilding our military strength all this time to conquer the Republic with guns" generic crap? Of course if they haven't done that already. Really hope not!
"This gallery, "3D Modeling", requires a password to continue"
They all fear the stalking skills of Funcroc
And they think some password will stop funcroc from getting them goodies eventually? Why fighting the inevitable?
Was it aired already? Can't find anything and EA's conference is long finished.
So there's still some hope! Can't wait for more info! Also would like to add that CD-Action that provided the info ikarop posted is a reliable magazine IMO (the biggest in Poland) so I think it may be truth.
What about the situation when you ask some questions? Is there a timer for asking questions too? And if you don't pick one will the one that's currently highlited be automatically chosen?
Nice video, though it "just" confirms what we already knew.
We just have to wait till E3. Pretty guaranteed we will get tons of videos with lots of new content I'm still waiting to see if you can actually *ask* NPCs some questions/start teh conversation on the subject you want or is the DSS just a giant interactive cut-scene you only respond to what NPCs feel they wanna say.
Checks the URL for this message board.... oh... I thought this was the codex for a minute.
As much as I am looking forward to Mass Effect, I am also looking forward to Dragon Ages. It really looks interesting too. I am more a casual gamer. Hope both games are playable, for me. E3 should be filled with a lot of surprizes. Besides Alpha Prodical, looks very interesting as well. There's a lot of good games coming out.
Don't forget about the unannounced ones! Tons of publishers seem to be holding off thier announcements till E3! Can't wait!
I have nothing to worry about when it comes to the story of FO:NV. Obsidian's working on it = quality guaranteed.
Mad?Volourns alter ego?
Not sure who are you talking about but if he praises Obsidian's storytelling capabilities as much as I do, I wanna get to know him!
Sith: Darth Traya/Kreia. Hands down! Best Star Wars character ever!
Facial animations are one of the largest things that we're focusing on in on polish work currently. Lots of the footage that has been shown was taken from scenes which had only had a single animation pass, and many scenes are much improved what was captured, even from as recently as a few weeks ago.
Not to be a broken record, but take what you see being shown with a grain of salt, as we are still a work in progress.
Great to hear that! I'm aware it's all work in progress, it's just that we've been seeing major improvement in all the others areas since the first footage was released but the facial animations seemed to be impoved the least. I really hope this game will be highly polished and the it title for Obz so understand my concerns
in Aliens RPG: Speculation & Discussion
NOOOOO!!!!!! I have just watched Alien yesterday to get myself ready for the game (which I still hoped would eventually come out seeing how the forums were not closed) This was a great universe to make an RPG in! 2 years of developement thrown to the bin just like that