Let's Play Neverwinter Nights

sorophx

first off, this doesn't mean I'm going to abandon TOEE, it's just that I have loads of free time, and this one is going to be more like a challenge for me.

I tried beating this game twice. first time I made a really bad character, so by the last chapter I was getting owned by pretty much everything. second time all of my saves got corrupted during the last leg of chapter 2. you know, the bugbear caves...

now, I installed the game on my two PCs and managed to get a LAN-session going. so, yeah, this is going to be a 2-man party experience. that's right, I'm gonna dual-box through the whole game (if it doesn't break on me again).

if you guys are interested in following something like this, I could use some suggestions. we need 2 characters. I don't know if I can hire henchmen in multiplayer games. if not, then these two will have to be the perfect team. :sorcerer:

for some reason I can't min/max their abilities on creation, it sucks but what can you do... will have to make sacrifices.

anyway, waiting for some feed back o:)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Each PC cna hire e a henchman.

Also, you gonna play both characters on two different computyers. Isn't that gonna make things annoying? Heh. NWN uses the new age point buy method so no real min max of stats is possible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Each PC cna hire e a henchman.

oh, then this is going to be awesome!

and yes, the whole point is to make it annoying in order to start feeling sadistic pleasure in the thing. it's actually very easy, since any player can pause the game, I move them on the bigger screen (WSAD for one, following with the other with the point-and-click). :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I never saw much reason to play NWN as anything other than high damage melee fighter. They can just whack their way through anything. The only problems are instances where you fail a will save, but that isn't a big problem.

I don't remember the details of my build, but it was basically a Fighter/Weaponmaster. If you can really crunch the numbers, you can also throw in that Disciple of Tor prestige class, or whatever it was called.

first time I played it I made a ranger. it was a nice build, but the dragons proved otherwise. for this play through I was thinking of a sorcerer/cleric tandem. because I don't know much about fighters. on the other hand, dual-boxing a fighter should be a lot easier, than two spellcasters

Walsingham said:

It's almost impossible to beat the dragons as a pure fighter, without a party to back you up. Your only hope as a fighter type is hoping that Linu pulls a Harm spell out of her hat. That's why clerics/druids are so overpowered. They basically one-shot dragons with Harm and liches with Heal.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

do enemies get tougher when a player joins a game, like in Diablo?

Walsingham said:

If it was NWN2, I'd be a bit more interested. NWN kinda sucked a bit.

there's a great NWN2 OC+MOTB let's play on the lparchive.org

I see no reason to compete with him :) on the other hand, NWN OC doesn't have complete text/screenshot LPs :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

" but the OC was really sucky! "

No. it was slightly above average... just like NWN2 OC. *shrug*

One day you will make your way to hell and be forced to live up to these statements of yours by actually enjoying the OC. Which will of course be impossible. As we are about to see as we witness the play through.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In the famous words of our beloved Hades: "NWN OC is the worst RPG ever and I know this by having played it 4 times!"

Sorry, if me going to Hell means gettuing to play NWN OC, that ain't half bad. Certainly, the Devil has much mor devious ways to punish one as evil as me.

R00fles!

I don't think Volo is being disingenious - I believe that he does rate NWN OC. In fact, I think hell would be playing NWN OC co-op with Volourn, who will be enjoying the adventure immensely. :thumbsup:

That said, the best LPs are made by eminently mockable take-yourself-too-seriously-dude? campaigns, so NWN OC fits perfectly!

well, first draft. meet the party:

Volourn

x_f7cba7ff.jpg

Kaftan Barlast

x_91024eae.jpg

I picked these two because I like their forum handles. and they seem to me like the right type to be playing a lawful/evil and a chaotic/neutral drow.

Volo is going to be the weapon of mass destruction. I gave him Spell Focus in Evocation and Necromancy schools. because I can't remember which one is better, I'll probably go with Evocation in the end.

KB is going to be a fighter4/rogue(infinity). I'll try and make him a dual-wielding weapon master later.

I won't show the tutorial area. basically, the story is: our two drow agents were sent by their house to the surface to investigate the Wailing Death business in Neverwinter. they infiltrated the city's academy under the guise of soon-to-graduate students (they are protected by a powerful illusion, making them appear as elven females from the academy). with their skills it was only a matter of time before they'd have gotten the assignment. luckily for them, a new figure appeared on the scene. as a result of an attack on the academy, the rare creatures, held there, escaped. our fearless duo was chosen (being the only survivors of the attack) by Lady Aribeth herself to find the creatures and return them, because they might be the key to finding the cure for the plague.

well, here they are, and I'll see you next time, we're going to go to the zoo and, probably, visit an ancient tomb.

789r.png

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

The ones that came with the OC weren't.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

basically, the story is: our two drow agents were sent by their house to the surface to investigate the Wailing Death business in Neverwinter. they infiltrated the city's academy under the guise of soon-to-graduate students (they are protected by a powerful illusion, making them appear as elven females from the academy).

This has been a plothole ever since BG2. I'd think the Academy would make it standard procedure to cast a Detect Alignment/Detect Illusion spell on any new applicant to prevent Luskan spies, Zentharim, or any other evil faction, from infiltrating.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"The ones that came with the OC weren't."

Wrong.

"This has been a plothole ever since BG2. I'd think the Academy would make it standard procedure to cast a Detect Alignment/Detect Illusion spell on any new applicant to prevent Luskan spies, Zentharim, or any other evil faction, from infiltrating."

There are counter spells to counter the detect spells.

I'd think the Academy would make it standard procedure to cast a Detect Alignment/Detect Illusion spell on any new applicant

they're not new applicants. they removed two female students and took their place o:)

Walsingham said:

Then wouldn't the academy use a counter spell to counter the counter spell used to counter the detect alignment/illusion spell? But then the spies/zents or other evil faction would obiously anticipate this and use a counter spell to counter the counter spell that was used to counter the counter spell that was used to counter the first spell. And so a viscious pattern would ensue. I suppose that's why they needed to train new heroes in the first place, because the academy members were busy countering the counters that would counter their counters to the counters that would stop their detect alignment/illusion spell from working. Except they wouldn't be able to train anyone because their detect alignment/illusion spells would never work and they wouldn't know if the heroes were actually spies/zents or another evil faction. What a plothole that was!

Edited by Serrano