British soldiers beat Iraqi kids

Walsingham

Please educate me if I am mistaken here.

Soldiers forfeit their citizenship when they enroll in the army. They have no more rights, they have privileges. They have no more responsibilities, they have orders.

If the order is to blow up a schoolbus full of handicap children because a wheelchair could be conceiling a bomb, they will blow up that schoolbus before it reaches any allied facility. Period.

Those kids were pestering them and they have the order to eliminate any potential threat from the enemy. What if one of those enemy children were throwing grenades?

Imo, those kids got off easy. They could've been executed and the only thing that prevented that was the soldiers' brainwashed but still lightly active conscience.

You are, in point of fact, mistaken. Soldiers do not give up their citizenship when enlisting or accepting a commission; they have all the rights of a normal citizen. They have many responsibilities.

Your handicapped wheelchair-bomb example is horrible, and no, anyone who did fire under such circumstances would be subject to a court martial.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

The reality is: Iraqis hate US and english soldier now nearly the same as Saddams men......

Turns out, they hate each other more.

O, and they just LOVE Europe........ :devil:"

So I guess that leaves Iceland and Peru as being OK with the Iraqis

EDIT: For the record, the Kurds do like us. Things are pretty good up there. It's the 2 groups in the south that have issues.

and other nations are disliking USA and UK more and more less becouse of their actions 

Yes, I'm sure France and Russia are pissed they can't sell weapons to Iraq for oil anymore. Turkey is upset the Kurds will get their own country. etc etc

Edited by kumquatq3

"The reality is: Iraqis hate US and english soldier now nearly the same as Saddams men"

Proof please. I seriosuly doubt Most iraqis literlaly hate the US espicially that much. Dissapointed, angered, etc.; but hate I think not. You seem to forget the insurgency numbers ar every, very low. When Saddam was in power; it was clear the majority hated him.. even many Sunnis hated him. Iraqis seem to be unforim in wnating the US to 8do* better; but full out hate? Doubtful.

"......and other nations are disliking USA and UK more and more less becouse of their actions"

Other nations are irrellevant in this matter for the most part. Only Iraqis matter. In fact, the gretaer Arab world know nothing of what Iraqis want... espicially considering that most Arabs in polls seem to have far diffeirng views on what's occuring in Iraq than iraqis do.

In fact, most Ammerikans polled seem to have a ore pressmesitic view of Iraq than Iraqis do...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The reality is: Iraqis hate US and english soldier now nearly the same as Saddams men"

Proof please. I seriosuly doubt Most iraqis literlaly hate the US espicially that much. Dissapointed, angered, etc.; but hate I think not. You seem to forget the insurgency numbers ar every, very low. When Saddam was in power; it was clear the majority hated him.. even many Sunnis hated him. Iraqis seem to be unforim in wnating the US to 8do* better; but full out hate? Doubtful.

"......and other nations are disliking USA and UK more and more less becouse of their actions"

Other nations are irrellevant in this matter for the most part. Only Iraqis matter. In fact, the gretaer Arab world know nothing of what Iraqis want... espicially considering that most Arabs in polls seem to have far diffeirng views on what's occuring in Iraq than iraqis do.

In fact, most Ammerikans polled seem to have a  ore pressmesitic view of Iraq than Iraqis do...

1. : proof you want? :devil:

The arabians who dislikes US play propaganda in TV-s to turn ppl against them

The sunni 'wants' a new holy war agains catholics

The affairs of 'soilder beats/mistreats' are more than enough, not even propaganda is needed for the simpe man to hate 'alien, not same culture' people <_<

2. : You could make the chaos in Irak go...but in the time, other nations begin to hate US and UK..tthese two nations could find themselves in a war with other European nations, Russia, China...AND ALL OF THE ARABIAN LEAGUE! :ph34r:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Don't speak for Iraqis. You use such harsh language when the facts don't support it. While many Iraqis are dissapointed how things have gone (afterall, they expect it to go perfectly) they are still, of firm believe they ar ebetter off now than before and epxect great things for the future.

When you say 'Don't speak for Iraqis', you mean the US hasn't destroyed its credibility in Iraq? If the US-led coalition had credibility in Iraq, that would imply that the Iraqi people have confidence in its ability to restore basic services and create a secure environment. I don't think either is supported by the most recent opinion polls. If Iraqis believe the future will be better, that's not necessarily a vote of confidence in the coalition.

The picture in Iraq is complex, that's true, and it's wrong to suggest that Iraqis hate US and British troops as much as they hated Saddam's security forces. They don't . They just don't have confidence in the coalition troops because they've largely failed to deliver security or basic services. Why would any Iraqi believe that the coalition is going to accomplish this year what they've failed to do for the last three? On the other hand, they also don't want coalition troops to leave tomorrow because they don't have confidence in any alternative. But if what we are doing right now isn't working, maybe we should spend more time working out a viable alternative instead of just pushing on with a failed policy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

1. : proof you want? 

The arabians who dislikes US play propaganda in TV-s to turn ppl against them

The sunni 'wants' a new holy war agains catholics

The affairs of 'soilder beats/mistreats' are more than enough, not even propaganda is needed for the simpe man to hate 'alien, not same culture' people

Um....Arabs not liking us that much isn't new.

The Sunnis wanna kill Catholics? We are mainly a Chrisitian nation.

Kurds still like us.

2. : You could make the chaos in Irak go...but in the time, other nations begin to hate US and UK..tthese two nations could find themselves in a war with other European nations, Russia, China...AND ALL OF THE ARABIAN LEAGUE!

Yea....no.

Edited by kumquatq3

Southern Iraqis are probably teaching their kiddies not to wave at Danish troopers anymore as we speak... and to think we came all the way down there to teach them how to make decent hot dog stands. :'(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Southern Iraqis are probably teaching their kiddies not to wave at Danish troopers anymore as we speak... and to think we came all the way down there to teach them how to make decent hot dog stands. :'(

What goes on a hotdog in Denmark?

Chicago style: Onion, grilled or chopped, and mustard.

Ketchup and relish is more of a NY thing

What goes on a hotdog in Denmark?

Chicago style: Onion, grilled or chopped, and mustard.

Ketchup and relish is more of a NY thing

I actually didn't know how to translate some of the words, so I just took wikis word for it as it's pretty spot on. :p

Danish hotdog: Traditionally featuring a long, thin bright-red sausage, similar to a foot-long hot dog in the USA. The hot dog sausage is steamed and the bread is warmed in either an oven or toaster. Ketchup, mustard and remoulade sauce is followed by a sprinkling of either raw or toasted onion, and a layer of cucumber salad, marinated in a sweet vinegar sauce. :-

But when you know how they make these sausages, it gets pretty :x... but then again I just choose to forget and I'm back at :wub:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

... We've seen more horrific videos of the Abu Ghraib abuse emerge today. ...

What? I haven't heard of any videos of Abu Ghraib. You say some were released today? Do you have a link to that information, please? This is the first I've heard of this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4715540.stm

Thanks, I haven't been to the news sites yet today. Just more of the same from two years ago. Interesting timing on releasing the "new" stuff, actually. I'm sure the fact that it diverts attention away from this week's provocative video of British troops kicking children in the genitals is merely coincidental. :-

Edited by ~Di

I wonder how there could have been photo's of executed prisoners if there have just been innocent interrogations going on in Abu Ghraib

EDIT; could you explain that 213374U, or maybe Commissar?

And no, since it was an Australian news agency releasing the pics, it probably is not an UK distraction attempt...

Edited by BattleCookiee

It's footage from the original scandal, released by the US military under US Freedom of Information laws. I saw it on BBC evening news, though the BBC is mostly showing stills. There are images and footage that hasn't been seen before publicly, but it's from the original 2003 incidents - there are no new crimes here, just new information about the old crimes.

In a sense, there's nothing new here. We always knew that only a percentage of the abuse that took place would have been filmed, and only a percentage of that film would have been released.

I remember when the original images were released - it took the US government several days to get its response right, even though they had advance warning of publication. Bush needs to get on television quickly and repeat his original apology for the abuses - it won't matter to the extremists, of course, but it will matter to the moderates.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

they were just pictures on a news cast, hence video, nothing you havn't seen before

Well there was a bit of video, that guy banging his head on the door.

Thanks, I haven't been to the news sites yet today.  Just more of the same from two years ago.  Interesting timing on releasing the "new" stuff, actually.  I'm sure the fact that it diverts attention away from this week's provocative video of British troops kicking children in the genitals is merely coincidental. :-

The pictures were first broadcast on Australian TV.

I wonder how there could have been photo's of executed prisoners if there have just been innocent interrogations going on in Abu Ghraib

And no, since it was an Australian news agency releasing the pics, it probably is not an UK distraction attempt...

I don't think anyone's ever said that there simply innocent interrogations going on at Abu Ghraib.

I think we've said that several people crossed a line there, and are henceforth going to be spending a significant amount of their lives in a United States military prison.

I don't think anyone's ever said that there simply innocent interrogations going on at Abu Ghraib.

I think we've said that several people crossed a line there, and are henceforth going to be spending a significant amount of their lives in a United States military prison.

Really? Charles Graner got ten years. OK. But the others? Some got a few months.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Really? Charles Graner got ten years. OK. But the others? Some got a few months.

Or a not official gratulation <_<

IB1OsQq.png