Character is locked even after I've disbanded EVERY PARTY!

tomchick

Question

I've got a leveled up Seoni with a padlock icon on her whenever I try to add her to a party.  I've disbanded every single party in every single saved game I can find on both the PC and synced iOS version.  Yet she still shows as locked, with the tooltip telling me she's in another party.  Yet I know for a fact she isn't in another party since I've disbanded every single party!  

I presume this is some sort of bug?  Is there any workaround?  I've leveled her up high enough that I'm more inclined to just quit in disgust rather than keep playing if I can't get her out from behind that padlock.  Help!  I don't want to quit in disgust!

-Tom

9 answers to this question

Assuming everything is ok on the server, a delete and reinstall on iOS would pull down a fresh set of syncs.

Steam is a little trickier.  You need to figure out where it is hiding on your platform and delete/rename the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder.

For instance, on Mac, its buried in:

username/Library/Application Support/unity.Obsidian Entertainment.Pathfinder Adventures

The file that should be causing you the most grief is the "vault" file.  That's the local repository for your characters.  You can possibly just try to rename/delete that first without having to mess with the entire save directory.  Once you're online, the character vault should be rebuilt from data on the server.

Bump?  Is there some sort of tech support ticket I should file?  Do I need to submit this somewhere?  The only link I could find ingame was to this forum.  I don't mind waiting, but I'd like to get some sort of official response and I want to make sure I'm in the right place.

-Tom

Bump?  Is there some sort of tech support ticket I should file?  Do I need to submit this somewhere?  The only link I could find ingame was to this forum.  I don't mind waiting, but I'd like to get some sort of official response and I want to make sure I'm in the right place.

-Tom

Drop an email to: support@obsidian.net

Make sure to include your username (found in the top-left of the pathfinder main menu) or PFID (found at the bottom of Options --> Settings), the name of the offending character, a quick description of the issue, and your desired outcome (unlock the character? delete them?).

It may take a couple business days for them to get back to you, but the team should be able pull up your playfab profile and manually adjust your party roster.

Playing between platforms usually isn't a big issue.  You just need to be extra careful that two copies aren't running at the same time.  Competing syncs can do all sorts of weird things...

• Like 1

I got a rather puzzling message from the support address saying they didn't see any character locked in my account, so they locked and unlocked Seoni to see if that would fix it.  But it didn't fix what I'm seeing on my end, on both platforms.  The character still has a padlock icon over her picture and I get an error message that she's "in a party" whenever I try to add her to a party.  I immediately replied to the email address but haven't heard back.

Hopefully they'll take another look.  It's a bit alarming to hear that they could't even see the issue.  Is it possible that it's something screwed up with my install?  That seems unlikely given that I'm seeing the issue on two separate platforms.

-Tom

That did it!  So apparently some sort of corrupt sync file shenanigans to got spread to both my iOS and PC.  I'll be more careful in the future to make sure the program isn't open on both platforms at the same time.

Thanks so much for seeing this through.  I am back to being in love with this game! :)

-Tom

• Like 1