Rise of Goblins: Goblin Commando (ally) bugged

Achilles

Question

Supposed to recharge to add 1d4 to Ranged attack.

Appears to *change* die to 1d4 (net result being a significantly crappier roll)

i.e. Raider is supposed to get 1d10. Recharging the ally for +1d4 changes the die to 1d4 instead.

Will try to add screenshots when I get home. Playing on mobile at the moment.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

7 answers to this question

Sounds like you use ally with character that does not have ranged skill.

Many characters only has dexterity when They use ranged weapons.

So dexterity skill + ranged ally = ranged + ranged (and because character does not have ranged, the skill is d4 even dexterity is d10)

But without more information about what character was trying to use that ally with ranged weapon, hard to be sure.

• Like 1

Per the post, it's the raider.

But, regardless you're correct; he doesn't have the Ranged skill. I was only making note of the attack type.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

There is only one character that has the raider class. There is also only one warcaster.

The goblin alts for the iconics keep their classes.

So...

Exact wording is: "Recharge this card to add 1d4 to your Ranged combat check". I get your argument above and still agree that it's probably the correct one, but man, playing a weapon with the Ranged trait sure does make it seem like it should apply :(

This discussion (or similar) was here some time ago already. The character uses a Dexterity skill with a Ranged weapon for a "Combat" check, which makes him do a Combat Dexterity check with the Ranged trait. If that character also has a Ranged skill (e.g. Dexterity +n), it will become a Dexterity-based Ranged Combat check with Ranged trait or otherwise Dexterity-based Ranged Ranged Combat (funny, right?). If I remember correctly (always an issue), the Ally should allow you to retain the 1d4 bonus even for the Combat Dexterity check with Ranged trait. However, the game sometimes swaps to a less useful skill in the dropdown menu, especially with ranged and melee. If you change the skill from Combat(Ranged) => 1d4+1d4+Weapon to Combat(Dexterity) => 1d10+1d4+Weapon, it will be all OK, I think. If not, it's a bug :)

And the name of a hero is Ranzak. He is a Raider, but use the names - we now have e.g. two Fighters (Valeros, Tontelizi), for the moment :)

Edited by Jenceslav

Aaa... that pesky Little Goblin!

Thanks!

Oh. I always thought that Ranzak is a Parrot Hero and the goblin on the picture is just his pet. I seeee. And Raz and Agna are not the canine and the boar? My world is now upside down! </joking>

P.S.: Raz, Agna are Paladin and Ranger heroes from tabletop class decks.